Author Topic: Shams and Woj Bomb both reporting Kawhi to Raptors for Demar all but done deal.  (Read 28283 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
If Kawhi forces a re-trade to the Lakers, Silver should block it.

true this .....man that would rock.

wow ....would reading Lakers posts be extra funny .....they have never got over the CP3 trade ,  they would become unhinged . LOL

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
If Kawhi forces a re-trade to the Lakers, Silver should block it.
i agree..chris paul deal was voided

For completely different reasons. There would be no reason for Silver to do so.

Players are getting more and more power in the NBA. Fans can't cite Stern's veto every time a player tries to exert his power.

Kawhi getting traded to the Lakers at this point would cause a league action.  Would it be voided?  Maybe not.  But there would be an investigation of tampering before being allowed to proceed, and potentially a grievance filed.  Now that the Spurs have worked out a deal with the Raptors, it’s a different situation than before when the Lakers could hold out hope the price would drop.

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
Kawhi is a complete brat but I totally understand not wanting to play for Toronto...Lowry is ancient, Ibaka regresses every season, and valnciunas is just meh. On top of that an unproven first year coach.

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
he can fake injury. No legal action can ever prove he isn’t hurt

He still needs a physical.  If he fakes the injury at the physical, Toronto voids the trade and it becomes San Antonio's problem.  If he doesn't fake the injury at the physical but then suddenly is injured, that makes it easier to prove faking/fraud.

Assuming all these reports are actually true, this deal is not happening and SAS will have to start fining Leonard.  Leonard is really off the rails here.  I don't see the end game he wants.  I don't think the Lakers are going to trade for him.  Even if he is released (after his entire salary is absorbed by fines), the Lakers have no space to sign him.

Toronto would be a good place for him to be a star for a season.  I guess Toronto could flip him to the Lakers, Leonard for Deng and Ingram, but that ends up being a pretty weak return for  DeRozan, Jakob Poeltl and a protected 2019 first-round draft pick (Deng, Ingram, Green).

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Meh...unnecessary drama

Boston stay the course. Win the east

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Windhorst saying that the Raptors know that Leonard might not show up to the physical and that they actually consider waiving it. (wheres the popcorn emoji when you need it)

https://streamable.com/neflu

They’d be crazy unless they have something else up their sleeve, like trading him Dec. 15th (or whenever he’s eligible) to the Lakers.
CELTICS 2024

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Boy this could be disastrous for Toronto. Leonard seems like he wants zero part in being there

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
Wow Kawhi may destroy two teams chemistry by not even playing.

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

Offline 18isGREATERthan72

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
Windhorst saying that the Raptors know that Leonard might not show up to the physical and that they actually consider waiving it. (wheres the popcorn emoji when you need it)

They’d be crazy unless they have something else up their sleeve, like trading him Dec. 15th (or whenever he’s eligible) to the Lakers.

Maybe they're thinking they need to blow this core up anyway, and getting a chance at signing Kawhi after the season is a good risk to take.  I think they realized Derozan isn't going to get them where they want to go.

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
Boy this could be disastrous for Toronto. Leonard seems like he wants zero part in being there

Too bad. He’s not the first player who got traded somewhere he didn’t want to go. Shut up and play. Finish out your contract and go where you want.

The NBA has turned into a joke with all these divas.
CELTICS 2024

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
Kawhi is a complete brat but I totally understand not wanting to play for Toronto...Lowry is ancient, Ibaka regresses every season, and valnciunas is just meh. On top of that an unproven first year coach.

Sure but he's 27 and only has one year on his contract and then he can do whatever he wants.

Sitting out a year would be the stupidest thing imaginable. He's already lost the money he could've made with a supermax. If he then forfeits the money he'd make this year by sitting out (assuming the Raptors just fine him into oblivion) then comes his free agency. Is there any team in the league that's going to bid on him at all, knowing he just wants to play in LA? Is LA going to bid against themselves to max out Leonard if they don't have to?

And for what? What is Kawhi's endgame here? To make less money and win fewer games and have no fans like you?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker

Maybe they're thinking they need to blow this core up anyway, and getting a chance at signing Kawhi after the season is a good risk to take.  I think they realized Derozan isn't going to get them where they want to go.

How could they give up an all-star for a guy who missed nearly the entire season with some mystery injury and waive a physical?

If the guy is refusing to report, how confident are you in resigning him?
CELTICS 2024

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

Sure but he's 27 and only has one year on his contract and then he can do whatever he wants.

Sitting out a year would be the stupidest thing imaginable. He's already lost the money he could've made with a supermax. If he then forfeits the money he'd make this year by sitting out (assuming the Raptors just fine him into oblivion) then comes his free agency. Is there any team in the league that's going to bid on him at all, knowing he just wants to play in LA? Is LA going to bid against themselves to max out Leonard if they don't have to?

And for what? What is Kawhi's endgame here? To make less money and win fewer games and have no fans like you?

Leonard already lost a lot of money. And now he refuses to play for one of the league's best teams.  I'm sure at some point he will give in as the pressure will keep building up.

I also don't see what alternative endgame might be here.