Author Topic: Frank Vogel will not return  (Read 6518 times)

Frank Vogel will not return
« on: May 05, 2016, 11:08:11 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Wow. The NBA is a tough business.

There were rumors that Vogel didn't know what his status was, going into the press conference from Bird
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Re: Frank Vogel will not return
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 11:20:26 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
He's going to get snatched up immediately. I doubt they find someone better to replace him with.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 11:23:44 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
He's going to get snatched up immediately. I doubt they find someone better to replace him with.

Blatt? Lol
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 11:26:12 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Reading Mannix's tweets, Bird said flat out Vogel tried to talk him out of firing him or at least wanted to talk more about it before he decided.  Why say that? Geez.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 11:27:39 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Vogel's an excellent coach and some team will be thrilled to grab him (if he's interested).

Is making Lance Stephenson relevant for 2 seasons a more or less impressive coaching feat than making Jordan Crawford into a Player of the Week?

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 11:35:08 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
What is Larry thinking?  He loses 3 of the 5 best players on his roster, replaces them with almost nothing and fires Vogel because he ONLY made the playoffs?

Mike

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 11:35:17 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Vogel to Knicks??

Bird wants more scoring. Which coach is good at that?

Dantoni, karl, who else?

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 11:35:39 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
Vogel's an excellent coach and some team will be thrilled to grab him (if he's interested).

Is making Lance Stephenson relevant for 2 seasons a more or less impressive coaching feat than making Jordan Crawford into a Player of the Week?

It's gotta be right up there as one of the most impressive coaching feats in recent years

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 11:38:05 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

And Roy Hibbert a 2x All Star!

I have constantly thought of the Pacers as a top notch, well run organization, similar to the Spurs without the lottery luck.

This move is a real head scratcher though.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 11:48:22 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Where's he going to go next? Rockets? Maybe Sacramento have a look at him, or the Knicks. Thankfully the Nets have locked up their coach for the next few years

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 11:51:17 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Sacramento should get on the phone to him immediately.  He'd be a good fit with that roster.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 11:52:29 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Where's he going to go next? Rockets? Maybe Sacramento have a look at him, or the Knicks. Thankfully the Nets have locked up their coach for the next few years
I think either of those teams would do well by adding him as a coach.  question is, does he want either of those dysfunctional lockerrooms?  I guess if he needs to get a paycheck he takes an offer from either of them but if he's smart, he'll hold out for somewhere a bit more stable.

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2016, 11:52:55 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Bird also believes that coaches have a limit on how long they can be on one bench before the players need a new voice.

That's what he thought as a player.

That's what he did as a coach.

Is it much of a surprise at this point?

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2016, 11:54:05 AM »

Offline Smart457

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
Sacramento should get on the phone to him immediately.  He'd be a good fit with that roster.
That might be a good fit for the Kings but that would be a bad fit for Vogel. He's done well enough to not have to deal with a player like Cousins. Unless the money is right I think Vogel goes somewhere else.

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2016, 11:54:22 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
JB Bickerstaff has apparently pulled his name from consideration in Houston; reports are that he has gained interest from other teams.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/coaching-circles--j-b--bickerstaff-withdraws-from-consideration-for-rockets-job-002222602.html

Kevin McHale has pulled his name from consideration in Sacramento as well.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15466692/kevin-mchale-withdraws-name-consideration-sacramento-kings-coaching-job

I immediately thought McHale might go to Indiana, but RealGM reports that Bird says he will not hire McHale to replace Vogel.

There's quite a few vacancies in the league right now; I imagine Vogel should get a lot of interest.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague