Author Topic: Celtics vs Magic Weds Postponed  (Read 7381 times)

Re: Celtics vs Magic Weds Postponed
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2021, 11:27:40 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
NBA should just stop the season again. They got their Christmas revenues.

Either get the players vaccinated, play in a bubble again, or don’t play at all. Basketball is purposefully personal. The desired way to play defense is if you’re practically in the other guys jersey. You fight for rebounds and dive on the floor. There are no helmets or gloves.

In a pandemic setting, it’s gotta be up there with one of the worst sports you can play.
- LilRip

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2021, 11:32:16 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572

Either get the players vaccinated, play in a bubble again, or don’t play at all. Basketball is purposefully personal. The desired way to play defense is if you’re practically in the other guys jersey. You fight for rebounds and dive on the floor. There are no helmets or gloves.

In a pandemic setting, it’s gotta be up there with one of the worst sports you can play.

I for one will be really p---ed if they get vaccinated before front line workers, first responders, elderly, and I could probably think of a bunch more.

While I love the distraction of watching basketball, these, for the most part, are young healthy men. They should not jump the line, and take away from those much more in need.

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2021, 11:39:02 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392

I for one will be really p---ed if they get vaccinated before front line workers, first responders, elderly, and I could probably think of a bunch more.

While I love the distraction of watching basketball, these, for the most part, are young healthy men. They should not jump the line, and take away from those much more in need.

Agreed. I think that they should just stop the season and just stop with all these rules they can’t enforce.

- LilRip

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2021, 11:48:36 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
The NBA can not jump the line on the vaccinations and would be foolish to pursue any strategies to try.

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2021, 11:50:47 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Agreed. I think that they should just stop the season and just stop with all these rules they can’t enforce.

they can't and won't

$$$ at stake.  Plus provides jobs and entertainment to fans.  But mostly has to do with $$$

Other sports like NFL and NHL are not going to rest either

« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2021, 11:51:25 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Mark Murphy @Murf56
about 2 hours ago

Danny Ainge said on @Toucherandrich that Celtics should be able to field a team tomorrow after the appropriate testing. Most likely to return first are Grant Williams and Tristan Thompson.

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2021, 12:01:30 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Danny via Brian Robb:

“We’re expecting to have Tristan and Grant back today at practice. For the game tomorrow, we’re hoping to have more players than that back. I can’t say who, we are going to put out a report on which players are in and out, that report will come out some time today.”

Kemba?

« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2021, 12:24:58 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Danny via Brian Robb:

“We’re expecting to have Tristan and Grant back today at practice. For the game tomorrow, we’re hoping to have more players than that back. I can’t say who, we are going to put out a report on which players are in and out, that report will come out some time today.”

Kemba?

naw....Danny stated that Kemba is still ways away

He has to put in some intense practice reps first. Right now just doing 1 on 1 workouts

There should be zero rush to bring him back right now.   I would even milk it another 10 games before he is eased into the lineup

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2021, 12:29:33 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
I say the playoffs will be in the bubble again
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2021, 12:36:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I say the playoffs will be in the bubble again

I think so also. Lebron stated the other day, he thinks thats what may happen

If covid 19 trend continues by next season, they should have regional bubble play

Example

Midwest and West teams -  Vegas resort 
Mideast and East teams - Orlando resort

Final four teams remaining -  either Vegas or Orlando resort.  Family members permitted

« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2021, 12:41:15 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Danny via Brian Robb:

Kemba?

Ainge said Kemba needs more practice time, makes sense since the practice facility has been closed all week. Assuming more guys from protocol except for JT.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2021, 12:57:35 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
https://twitter.com/chrisgrenham/status/1349776429958000642?s=21

Looks like we can field a pretty strong team out there on Friday if we get lucky with some of the "questionable" players.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA