Author Topic: Celtics and Nets “Big 3”  (Read 2103 times)

Celtics and Nets “Big 3”
« on: January 14, 2021, 03:00:28 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Seems like teams have transitioned away from having a “big 3” over the last few years and now many have all star duos. The Celtics with Tatum, Brown, Kemba and the Nets with Durant, Irving, Harden are the only teams featuring 3 all star talents. Will be really interesting to see the Tatum/Durant, Harden/Brown, and Kemba/Kyrie matchups If/when the two teams are at full strength.

On paper, Nets do have the edge talent wise when it comes to their top 3 guys, however, the Celtics players have chemistry and guys genuinely seem to enjoy playing with each other. C’s are a better team defensively and they have a stronger supporting cast as well. I also have doubts that Kyrie and Harden will be able to coexist due to their playing styles, temperament, and Ego’s.

Talent is important, but so is chemistry and defense. Let’s not forget what the Mavs were able to accomplish against prime Lebron/Bosh/Wade in 11’ and also the Pistons against
Prime Shaq and Kobe in 04’. If Boston and Brooklyn do matchup in the playoffs, I like the Celtics chances.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 04:07:39 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: Celtics and Nets “Big 3”
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 03:17:26 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I fully expect the Nets to implode.

Maybe it's wishful thinking.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 06:02:59 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Seems like teams have transitioned away from having a “big 3” over the last few years and now many have all star duos. The Celtics with Tatum, Brown, Kemba and the Nets with Durant, Irving, Harden are the only teams featuring 3 all star talents. Will be really interesting to see the Tatum/Durant, Harden/Brown, and Kemba/Kyrie matchups If/when the two teams are at full strength.

On paper, Nets do have the edge talent wise when it comes to their top 3 guys, however, the Celtics players have chemistry and guys genuinely seem to enjoy playing with each other. C’s are a better team defensively and they have a stronger supporting cast as well. I also have doubts that Kyrie and Harden will be able to coexist due to their playing styles, temperament, and Ego’s.

Talent is important, but so is chemistry and defense. Let’s not forget what the Mavs were able to accomplish against prime Lebron/Bosh/Wade in 11’ and also the Pistons against
Prime Shaq and Kobe in 04’. If Boston and Brooklyn do matchup in the playoffs, I like the Celtics chances.

Celtics could have 'kept' four, if they had given Hayward a better offer. Pretty crazy.

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 06:53:40 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

Celtics could have 'kept' four, if they had given Hayward a better offer. Pretty crazy.

Honestly, I didn’t think Hayward was a good fit and he’s still proving to be injury prone. The Celtics reportedly offered him $100m to stay and he left for $120m. Seems like he knew it wasn’t a good fit either.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 08:50:52 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Don't know if it matters considering the offensive depth the Nets have now, but, as far as I can see they traded away their bench.

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2021, 09:31:08 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
We need OUR Big 3....

He GOTS to get on the phone and get....

AND

Ainge make dem moves playa!!!

im serious...