Author Topic: IT not ruling out a return to the Celtics  (Read 3550 times)

Re: IT not ruling out a return to the Celtics
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2018, 12:25:05 PM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
Hahahahahaha!  I cannot see any scenario where Danny thinks bringing IT and his ego back to the Celtics.  Unfortunately for him, in this case, anything is not possible. 

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2018, 12:28:12 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Hahahahahaha!  I cannot see any scenario where Danny thinks bringing IT and his ego back to the Celtics.  Unfortunately for him, in this case, anything is not possible.
Actually, I think Ainge liked Isaiah a lot during his tenure with the Celtics. However, he might have changed his view on IT after his stints with the Cavs and Lakers.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2018, 12:42:42 PM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
Actually, I think Ainge liked Isaiah a lot during his tenure with the Celtics. However, he might have changed his view on IT after his stints with the Cavs and Lakers.

Not saying he didn't.  But this is a different team. They play a different sort of ball than last year's team.  Its clearly Kyrie and Horford's team, and to a lesser extent Hayward's.  There isn't room for Isaiah and his massive me first attitude. 

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2018, 01:16:26 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Well, Ainge did bring back Antoine after he called him a snake, so...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2018, 02:05:02 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Well, Ainge did bring back Antoine after he called him a snake, so...

Yeah, I don't think Ainge is the type to let any previous acrimony between a player and himself get in the way of bringing said player back if it was in the best interest of the team. Ainge rarely ever seems to let emotion rule his decision making.

But as I alluded to in a previous post, I just don't see a role for Thomas on this team he would accept. He isn't going to supplant Kyrie as the starter, yet seems to be of the belief a sixth-man role is beneath him.

But who knows,maybe after a few more years of being humbled, he'll eventually come to the realization that being a sixth-man is a role he is best suited for at this point.

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2018, 02:08:24 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I wouldn't mind at all!

However, he'd HAVE to accept a more limited role here (6th man) and would likely have to take a paycut to come back (though I'm not even sure if offering him the MLE is the wise move considering we may need it to keep Baynes or another big on this roster, which is honestly a pressing need).

Or maybe Danny deals Rozier for a young, cost-controlled big this offseason while extending Smart (no, not for A. Davis lol).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2018, 02:09:28 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
Avery Bradley and Jae Crowder would be brought back before IT and there is no chance either of them will be back on the C's team. One of Smart and TRozier will be resigned.  No cap space for anyone other then rookies, vet minimum contracts. 

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2018, 02:15:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
IT probably ends up signing a deal like JJ Reddick signed this year where he signs for one year on a huge dollar amount and he starts for that team. I wouldn't put it past Philly to do it. He ain't coming back here

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2018, 02:17:17 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
3 year deal at 10 million a year w/ a no trade clause. 
Diggles

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2018, 02:18:33 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
IT probably ends up signing a deal like JJ Reddick signed this year where he signs for one year on a huge dollar amount and he starts for that team. I wouldn't put it past Philly to do it. He ain't coming back here

That's a decent possibility. I could picture some team that either strikes out on their primary FA targets, or just doesn't even stand a chance at getting a top target in the first place, taking a shot on IT in the hopes he can regain his former glory.

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2018, 03:13:27 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
6th man or it's a no go. He would make a fine weapon...off the bench.

If he insists that he is a starter...I'll pass.

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2018, 03:42:47 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

I agree. Philly would be a great spot for him as a backup to Ben Simmons. He'd be a very good complement as a guy that can shoot and score at will.

If I'm IT, I'm banking on myself with a short term deal worth over $10m per year.

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2018, 04:10:25 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I wonder if he was causing issues here sometimes, I never heard of much in regards to that but one wonders if Ainge would want him back.

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2018, 06:11:04 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
I wonder if he was causing issues here sometimes, I never heard of much in regards to that but one wonders if Ainge would want him back.
I don't think he caused any trouble while playing here. Remember, Ainge made a huge effort to give him a video tribute during the 'Paul Pierce jersey retirement game'. I don't think he would have done that for a troublemaker.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2018, 06:33:17 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Would love to see it but IT needs to get the biggest payday he can and I don't think that's in Boston.