Poll

Guess: Who Is Lebron Playing For After This Season?

Cleveland Cavaliers (He Stays)
33 (30.6%)
Houston Rockets
13 (12%)
Los Angeles Clippers
3 (2.8%)
Los Angeles Lakers
32 (29.6%)
New York Knicks
4 (3.7%)
Boston Celtics (Hey... Who Knows)
4 (3.7%)
Philadelphia 76ers
9 (8.3%)
Milwaukee Bucks
1 (0.9%)
San Antonio Spurs
6 (5.6%)
Other Team (Comment Below!)
3 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Author Topic: Are We Doomed If Lebron Joins The Philadelphia 76ers Next Summer?  (Read 49708 times)

Re: Are We Doomed If Lebron Joins The Philadelphia 76ers Next Summer?
« Reply #210 on: April 16, 2018, 07:13:07 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
The more I watch the Sixers, the more I start to think that adding Lebron might actually not be a wise move for them.

I mean yeah, on paper you'd easily pencil them in for the Finals, and maybe even a Banner.

But Simmons NEEDS the ball to do what he does, and I really don't think relegating him to just standing in the corner to catch-and-shoot is really going to help him grow. He's a transcendental talent in the making, and if you put Lebron there, I'm just not that sure if Lebron and Simmons can co-exist.

Maybe it's just me though...

I am starting to think it wouldn't be great either for Philly..
It would be awesome if his ego destroyed the team
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #211 on: April 16, 2018, 07:21:19 PM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
The more I watch the Sixers, the more I start to think that adding Lebron might actually not be a wise move for them.

I mean yeah, on paper you'd easily pencil them in for the Finals, and maybe even a Banner.

But Simmons NEEDS the ball to do what he does, and I really don't think relegating him to just standing in the corner to catch-and-shoot is really going to help him grow. He's a transcendental talent in the making, and if you put Lebron there, I'm just not that sure if Lebron and Simmons can co-exist.

Maybe it's just me though...

I am starting to think it wouldn't be great either for Philly..
It would be awesome if his ego destroyed the team

If Lebron went to the Sixers they'd seriously have to consider trading Simmons to bring a star who's a better fit next to Lebron.  Simmons/Fultz for Kawhi???  Lebron/Kawhi/Embiid is a helluva a Big 3.

« Reply #212 on: April 16, 2018, 08:46:49 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
LeBron and Wade were both very ball dominant and like Simmons Wade isn't a good shooter.  LeBron and Irving also very ball dominant and worked just fine.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #213 on: April 23, 2018, 07:54:02 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Nothing groundbreaking here, but Windy was weighing in on the free agency of Lebron again. Said Lebron could control his destiny by demanding a sign and trade and cavs would give us just like clipper with paul.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/249660/Windhorst-Early-Cavs-Exit-Would-Give-LeBron-Extended-Period-To-Plot-Next-Move

Maybe a dark horse team nobody has mentioned is out there?

« Reply #214 on: April 23, 2018, 09:01:25 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
That has always been a dark horse option, but I never really considered it because there really aren't any teams that make sense that couldn't create the cap space.  That said, a trade with Houston in that scenario would make a lot of sense since the Rockets would have to lose Capela, Anderson, and most of their bench to create the cap space, but if they traded for James before the season turned over it could ease some of that burden.  Something like Anderson, Gordon, Tucker, a couple of 1st's for James and Thompson makes a good deal of sense for both teams.  The Rockets can then pair Harden, James, Nene, and Thompson with a re-signed Paul, Capela, Ariza, Johnson, Mbah a Moute, Green, etc. and whatever other veterans they can bring in for the deeper bench.  By doing it that way, the Rockets keep their defensive anchor in the paint.  The salary would be as high as the Cavs are this year, but that team would be the clear favorite to win the next couple of titles barring serious injury.

« Reply #215 on: April 24, 2018, 12:12:54 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Embiid recent comments suggest they don’t need Lebron. I really doubt Simmons wants him there.

« Reply #216 on: April 24, 2018, 12:57:50 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Embiid recent comments suggest they don’t need Lebron. I really doubt Simmons wants him there.
Which really doesn't matter.  If Lebron expresses an interest in going to the Sixers, their ownership and management aren't going to turn him down.  A lot of Sixers fans would be up in arms if they did. 

« Reply #217 on: April 24, 2018, 01:35:57 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Which really doesn't matter.  If Lebron expresses an interest in going to the Sixers, their ownership and management aren't going to turn him down.  A lot of Sixers fans would be up in arms if they did.

But you know LeBron will want a lot of control over shaping HIS roster.

That’s why Lakers still make the most sense to me. He can bring along a friend (I suppose PG13) and have them trade (Ball, Ingram, and Deng would be $30M outgoing) for a third star. LeBron and two stars with a bunch of LA-bound ring-chasers can be a tough team.

LeBron can’t start jumping around every two seasons trying to win anywhere he can. So he may look to regain glory for a glamour franchise even if it’s not next season. Knicks would actually make the most sense (he’d become a New York legend) but it doesn’t seem feasible with their salaries and (lack of) assets.

Should be an interesting summer because I’d be surprised if he stays in Cleveland.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 01:41:28 AM by GreenEnvy »
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #218 on: April 24, 2018, 02:00:38 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Oh my god, I care so little about Lebron and am so sick of seeing his name in thread after thread.

If he joins Philly, I couldn't care less, he's losing to the Celtics.
If he stays in Cleveland, I couldn't care less, he's losing to the Celtics.
If he decides to build up the Lakers anew, I couldn't care less, he's losing to the Celtics.
If he decides to find his way to Houston with Harden, Paul, Carmelo and him, I couldn't care less, he's losing to the Celtics.
If he decides to go all cartoon and join MJ and go all Space Jam on the NBA, I couldn't care less, he's losing to the Celtics because....

I Believe They Can Fly
I believe they can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day,
Spread my wings and fly away…

Just gotta believe

« Reply #219 on: April 24, 2018, 07:14:40 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Oh my god, I care so little about Lebron and am so sick of seeing his name in thread after thread.

If he decides to build up the Lakers anew, I couldn't care less, he's losing to the Celtics.
If he decides to find his way to Houston with Harden, Paul, Carmelo and him, I couldn't care less, he's losing to the Celtics.
If he decides to go all cartoon and join MJ and go all Space Jam on the NBA, I couldn't care less, he's losing to the Celtics because....

I Believe They Can Fly

Just gotta believe
In these last few years, Lebron really became a Kobe 2. Annoying and overblown.
-Overhyped and everpresent by the media.
-His team is irrelevant in terms of the NBA hierarchy.
-He makes his team his hostage (not committing verbally and blackmailing them through his Clutch Sports agency)
-His every statement is how great HE is and how HE will do his, regardless of the context.
 LeBron James: "I Understand How Important I Am To The Team" is the latest one
-The Jordan vs LeBron forced debate (by LBJ and media). Common, it is not a convo at all, we have seen them both play. One needs a scorer to close the game for him, the other one doesn't.
-His teammates not buying in (Crowder, IT) or leaving him (Kyrie) due to these factors, and therefore lowering his own chances of success.

We don't have to worry about him.
We are the team.
He is done.
All that 20-year long noise for just 3 chips.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 07:28:02 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #220 on: April 24, 2018, 07:35:14 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I Believe They Can Fly

Just gotta believe
-He makes his team his hostage (not committing verbally and blackmailing them through his Clutch Sports agency)
-His every statement is how great HE is and how HE will do his, regardless of the context.
-The Jordan vs LeBron forced debate (by LBJ and media). Common, it is not a convo at all, we have seen them both play. One needs a scorer to close the game for him, the other one doesn't.
-His teammates not buying in (Crowder, IT) or leaving him (Kyrie) due to these factors, and therefore lowering his own chances of success.

We are the team.
He is done.

A lot of this is right, but he’s not irrelevant yet. Whatever team he joins next year will be an instant contender.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #221 on: April 24, 2018, 07:47:42 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

I Believe They Can Fly

Just gotta believe

We are the team.
He is done.

A lot of this is right, but he’s not irrelevant yet. Whatever team he joins next year will be an instant contender.
I don't think that he is irrelevant, but his team is.
They said this year's Cleveland team will be great and it didn't happen. After the trade deadline moves again they said it after blowing us. Still nothing.
Next year? We will see, I don't believe it. Ego is strong in him.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #222 on: April 24, 2018, 08:17:13 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I Believe They Can Fly

Just gotta believe

We are the team.
He is done.

I don't think that he is irrelevant, but his team is.
They said this year's Cleveland team will be great and it didn't happen. After the trade deadline moves again they said it after blowing us. Still nothing.
Next year? We will see, I don't believe it. Ego is strong in him.
Let's see what happens the rest of the way.  The Pacers are a tough match-up for the Cavs, but does anyone really think the Cavs will be challenged at all by the Raptors or Wizards if they get by the Pacers.  Actually, the Wizards might give them fits as they are similar to the Pacers in many ways, but the Raptors would be a pretty easy 2nd round series for the Cavs. 

« Reply #223 on: April 24, 2018, 08:24:36 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Not necessarily true. Would GSW management sign Lebron if he wanted to go there? Would Boston Celtics management sign him?  Highly doubtful, because of existing team dynamics. I think the same about Philly. First of all, I don’t think he’s a good fit there personnel-wise. Secondly, I don’t think they need him. They’ve got their Lebron James. His name is Ben Simmons.

« Reply #224 on: April 24, 2018, 08:50:39 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Not necessarily true. Would GSW management sign Lebron if he wanted to go there? Would Boston Celtics management sign him?  Highly doubtful, because of existing team dynamics. I think the same about Philly. First of all, I don’t think he’s a good fit there personnel-wise. Secondly, I don’t think they need him. They’ve got their Lebron James. His name is Ben Simmons.
Golden State would absolutely sign Lebron if it didn't cost them any of their big 4 to do it.  Frankly, the Celtics might as well, even with Irving.  It would mean Irving might very well leave, but if it didn't cost Boston anything to sign him, then I absolutely could see Boston signing him.  After all the goal is to win titles and James absolutely helps with that.