Poll

Which of the following describes you best?

Wait patiently. I have a lot of patience. I hardly note the delay.
1 (2.8%)
I fidget a bit and say to myself, this site takes more time to load than any other I use.
4 (11.1%)
I swear under my breath and silently scream out; why does it take so long to load?!! Why can’t they do anything about it?!!
11 (30.6%)
I go berserk! Swear out loud, yell at my wife and kids. Throw the iPhone on the floor, kick the dog….
2 (5.6%)
I find diversions, e.g., I sing songs, temporarily venture to other web sites, make dinner, figure out my taxes…then, return to the site.
18 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: April 05, 2018, 11:54:17 PM

Author Topic: How do you spend your time waiting for this Celtics Blog site to load?  (Read 16995 times)

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
Sometimes waiting for this site to load can get frustrating. Now's the time to express how you feel.

Perhaps, in the future, we should conduct another poll predicting the year when this site will load quickly.

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I try to go back to my work .
Tp for the topic .

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
I actually ran 'celtics blog forum connection problems' through a search engine in the hope of finding more about the issue, but actually found a reddit forum in which Larbrd33 was trashing this site and saying how "we don't know what we are talking about" hahaha

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Fortunately, I have 43 other tabs on my Chrome opened besides Celtics Blog. I also have my mobile device to surf on IG/Twitter/Snapchat and those typical young-generation apps that those young peeps like me use.

Once that loading symbol is complete for Celtics Blog...I'll just be like "ah, finally. Let's see which poster/thread is getting roasted, any new interesting topics, or should I post something to make something look questionably sarcastic or serious and drive readers nuts."  ;D 8)

Of course, only when I am not working.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Sometimes waiting for this site to load can get frustrating. Now's the time to express how you feel.

Perhaps, in the future, we should conduct another poll predicting the year when this site will load quickly.

Been a problem for quite a while.

Check out this ongoing thread.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=89330.0

I didn’t vote as I don’t wait any longer.

I’ve been posting and reading a lot on RealGM Celtics and the Celtics reddit 17 and counting sites.

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I don't wait.

If it takes more than 10 or 15 seconds for a page to load I simply close the tab I have the forums open in and go to a different website.

I love this community, but I'm seriously tired of the connectivity issues here.  There's no legitimate excuse why Vox Media hasn't permanently fixed this problem yet. It's clear to me they don't really view the forums as much of a priority.

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I try to go back to my work .
Tp for the topic .
TP, that was gonna be my response too.  I like the word "try", lol.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
Cursing Jeff and Vox for ignoring their community. Seriously this is something a half cooked dev could fix in less than an hour.

Want to make it worth your time put a couple ads on the forums. I'll happily look at a Sullivans Tire or Arbella Insurance ad if these forums loaded even half the time!

End rant :)
ok fine

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Cursing Jeff and Vox for ignoring their community. Seriously this is something a half cooked dev could fix in less than an hour.

Want to make it worth your time put a couple ads on the forums. I'll happily look at a Sullivans Tire or Arbella Insurance ad if these forums loaded even half the time!

End rant :)

I don't wait.

If it takes more than 10 or 15 seconds for a page to load I simply close the tab I have the forums open in and go to a different website.

I love this community, but I'm seriously tired of the connectivity issues here.  There's no legitimate excuse why Vox Media hasn't permanently fixed this problem yet. It's clear to me they don't really view the forums as much of a priority.

I think they’d admit as much: we’re unique, in a network of sites that follow a template. The few other SBN blogs that had a forum - such as Nets Daily - have shut down their forums.  We cost them money (server, independent contractors to handle maintenance, etc.) without bringing in revenue.

I’m not sure what the solution is, but it won’t be the status quo.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I'm with the poster above who said he would not mind seeing ads if that's what it took to cost-justify improvements to the site. The forum keeps people coming back to this site; is the concept of synergy really that hard for them to understand?

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
I usually change my basketball opinions by the time the thread I'm trying to reply to loads.

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
No lie, I usually hit the link, and then flip to another tab for 30 seconds to a minute, then come back. 50% of the time it works every time.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
If only Boston was a city with a lot of universities and tech types who could solve this problem.

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
xnxx