Author Topic: 7' 1" Australian Thon Maker is now #1 recruit and moving like Durant *WOW*  (Read 17195 times)

Re: 7' 1" Australian Thon Maker is now #1 recruit and moving like Durant *WOW*
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2014, 04:18:33 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
This judging talent off of highlight reels really needs to stop at some point because its like judging how fast a car is by looking at a picture of it while it is sitting in your garage.

I think I could probably make a highlight reel of my son playing ball that would make him look like the next Jordan.

Have you ever seen a 16 year old at 7 feet 1 with shooting and dribbling ability like that?

Maybe that's why he stands out? You don't see what he's doing every day and it's fun for basketball fans to monitor his progress with ease in the internet age.
Seeing how he "just moved from Sudan", I'll take the age with a pound of salt. To be precise, he seems to have arrived in Australia in 2002 via Uganda as a refugee, so whether or not the age is legit is a valid question.

And yes, we've seen seven footers moving like that. Yi and Jonathan Bender come to mind first -- and we all know how those two ended.

Also, forgive me if I'm not impressed by the fact that he can dribble around high schoolers without tripping over his own feet.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 04:26:30 PM by kozlodoev »
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2014, 12:57:18 AM »

Offline AusCeltic

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
Moved to Australia when he was 5 so his age isn't in question otherwise someone would have dug it up by now (school records etc). Hope he can fill out to KGs size in time if so would be a beast.

« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2014, 01:18:06 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
good handles, super long stride, athleticism, awesome size/length. That can add up to something.

« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2014, 02:07:47 AM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Someone needs to ask KG if he visited the Sudan after his rookie season.