Poll

What Do You Think Honestly Happens The Next Few Weeks For The Celtics?

Fireworks! Hayward + George Actually Happens
23 (47.9%)
We Sign Hayward Only, And Then Just Some Smaller Moves (Fill Holes/Depth)
19 (39.6%)
We Sign Griffin Only, And Then Just Some Smaller Moves (Fill Holes/Depth)
2 (4.2%)
We Sign Another Free Agent Completely (No Hayward/Griffin/George)
2 (4.2%)
Absolutely Nothing. We Whiff On Every "Good-To-Major" FA And Trade Target
2 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: ESPN, National Sites "Rooting" For C's To Get Hayward & George  (Read 4680 times)

Re: ESPN, National Sites "Rooting" For C's To Get Hayward & George
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2017, 02:49:44 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 599
The national media wants to Celtics to grab a superstar since like after they rebuilt the team.

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2017, 08:32:37 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I think Indiana will wait until the trade deadline to deal George. Honestly that might be a best-case scenario for us, as his price will only go down.

Overall, adding George is a huge coup idea for us and worth giving up a significant asset (eg the Lakers pick or Jaylen Brown). You have to be opportunistic in this league and this is clearly an opportunity. We won't be favored vs the W's but who knows what will happen to that team--they could have injuries, their ownership could balk at paying so much luxury tax in a couple years, they could simply get complacent. Land GH+PG and our odds of hanging a banner sometime over the next 5 years is quite high.

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2017, 08:39:41 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'm trying to keep expectations low so I don't get disappointed. But I think C's have a 50/50 shot at Hayward/Griffin and maybe 30% chance of PG13. Seems Indy is delusional right now in asking price add that to PG13 desire to be a Faker!

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2017, 08:56:59 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
These same sites also screamed for the Celtics to give up last year's number 3 and this year's BKN pick for Butler, this year's number 1 for Butler, and now are screaming that a trade for George should include Brown.  They are pretty clueless as to how our fan base, as well as our GM, values our future. We are not going to mortgage it away for a one year shot with George. I frankly hope if we do strike a deal to get George, it is without an extension in place, because that would only extract more value in the trade by the Pacers. I am willing to make a bet that George will love it here, and will want to extend, after he experiences our winning culture, and makes it to the finals.   The most significant asset (besides Bradley and Crowder) I'd be willing to provide would be the LA/Kings pick, but only if Danny gets the vibe from George that he is open minded to staying, and is not conveying the idea that he still plans to go to Lakers the following year.

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2017, 09:01:34 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
I picked "just Hayward," but was pretty close to none of the above.

This is the internet. It's fun to speculate and yell about moves that the teams have made. But it's clear to me that Danny does his job better than I do it. In Danny We Trust.

Mike

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2017, 09:02:06 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I believe Riley will push hard to get both Hayward and Griffin but Stevens will come in and close the deal on Hayward.

I also believe the Pacers & Celtics already have the framework of 2 deals in place for PG13.
One - if PG13 will not commit to a long term deal - AB, Crowder, Lakers #1
Two - If PG13 agrees to an extension - AB, Crowder, Rozier, Lakers #1, Celtics 2018 #1

If the Pacers push for more Ainge will walk away.

I think a few guys to watch for are TA from Memphis and James Johnson from the Heat. TA is a cheap solution to losing AB.
I don't see Griffin because he's redundant to Horford and he heads to Miami to play with Whiteside.