Author Topic: Vet Bench Players  (Read 1527 times)

Vet Bench Players
« on: June 30, 2019, 01:17:59 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
One of the things that the Celtics were missing last season IMO was positive veterans that were at the end of their career to mentor the younger players.

Who do you see available at the minimum to fill this role?

I’d like Vince Carter for the wings, Kosta Koufus for a post (especially if we sign Poirier).

Who else?
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

Re: Vet Bench Players
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 01:33:07 PM »

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 62
I think you only need one of those kind of vet and my choice is Jared Dudley. He spoke highly of Coach Stevens, started a lot of postseason games with the Suns. Played in a lot of teams, in Both conferences. So he has a ton of experience and can hit the 3 pt shot
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 01:36:04 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
One of the things that the Celtics were missing last season IMO was positive veterans that were at the end of their career to mentor the younger players.

Who do you see available at the minimum to fill this role?

I’d like Vince Carter for the wings, Kosta Koufus for a post (especially if we sign Poirier).

Who else?

I have a feeling Carter will go to the Lakers, which I wouldn't really blame him. Unless DA does some thing in the next couple days, and lands a good big with additional bench help, then I would be happy if Carter came here. Good vet, still can put numbers up.

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 01:43:00 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
I think you only need one of those kind of vet and my choice is Jared Dudley. He spoke highly of Coach Stevens, started a lot of postseason games with the Suns. Played in a lot of teams, in Both conferences. So he has a ton of experience and can hit the 3 pt shot

I’d like 2, one to specifically mentor Williams 3 as I think he needs personalized attention and one for the team.  If Dudley would take the vet min then I’m on board, I used to go see him play 3-5 times a season in person at BC as I was a big fan. If Craig Smith was available it would be even better 🤣😂

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2019, 01:51:12 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
Nene?

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 02:09:35 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2019, 02:38:52 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2019, 02:53:55 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
Nene?
He's not good anymore

In the OP I was looking for players to be mentors any maybe play 4-8 minutes a game and sometimes get DNP-CD and be fine with it.  I think it’s more important to our youth then getting another young player to play 4-8 minutes. 

I think Nene could be good in mentoring Williams 3