Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 344062 times)

Re: Anthony Davis trade thread(Davis trade request page 33)
« Reply #2265 on: May 10, 2019, 09:57:28 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I think I've shifted my position now. Trading Tatum + for AD would be worthwhile. Having Hayward stepping into the SF role next year and Brown / 3+D guy at SG would really help the balance of this team.

Just not sure how we construct a trade. I have Tatum, Yab and Semi going out but still $10m to make up... Really don't want to trade Smart or Brown. You could trade Baynes, seems like the obvious choice, but then you still need another $5m!

Seems like doing a S&T for Rozier is the best way to go but you've got to get both him and the Pels to buy into that.

I dont see any way that Hayward works on a team with Kyrie

It failed all season. Hayward needs the ball and kyrie needs the ball.

Team will be much hetter served with greagt role player surrounding kyrie and irving 2man game.

Unless Hayward becomes a great defender, a secindary playmaker only amd a primarily spot up shooter. Then maybe it might work.

But it did not work this season

It did not work because Hayward took most of the season to get closer to 100%. I would like to see what he can do with a full training camp and starting out of the gate where he left off at end of this season. We saw glimpses of what a more healthy Hayward can do, we can hope that next year that will be more consistent. So, if you combine the healthier version of Hayward with Kyrie, Horford and Davis with potentially Brown as well, that is a super strong starting five but our bench would be filled with whoever would want to chase a ring as Smart and Tatum will be gone.

There is also a possibility that NO demands Brown and Tatum and then we are at a breaking point on what to do. Does Danny get rid of both pieces from the Nets Heist to get Davis to appease Kyrie? If I am NO, I start with both of those players being included. If I am NO, I also call Philly to see about Simmons and I call Lakers to see how much more they would include. A part of me also fears Davis shocks us and resigns with NO due to their new GM...if that scenario happens then what if Kyrie demands out. Sign and trade with Nets for their PG?

If NOP demands both, they can see themselves out the door. I really wish we got like a top 7 pick from Kings... Ugh...

If Kyrie leaves, it'll suck, but I'm not giving up both for AD.. While I think he wants to be in a better situation, I'm not risking both our young Jays for any kind of one year rental.. Also NOP can go after Simmons, but does anyone actually think Simmons would stay with NOP? He seems like the type of guy to go to LAL or Clippers.

Unless Nets are sure Durant or Kawhi aren't coming, I don't think they would S&T Russell to us.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Especially how these two regressed last season

Celts/CBS didnt help their value at all

If the Lakers, offered Ball, Kuzma and Ingram... that would still be the better deal

Now if the Memphis gets to keep their pick and Celts get a more favorable pick for 2020... that could make a difference

But still may not move the needle

If Pelicans wont trade AD unless it includes both Brown and Tatum

Would you do such trade? Would Danny dare to do it?

Lets say Danny goes all in... he plans to retire soon anyways. Irving only agrees to a 1 + 1

To Pelicans: Tatum, Brown, Rozier (sign and trade), 3 2019 1sts (three highest)
To Celtics: AD plus 2019 1st

Starting lineup (2019-2020)

AD
Horford
Hayward
Smart
Irving

If disastrous ending, FAs leave

Starting lineup (2020-2021)

C ?
PF ?
SF ?
SG ?
PG Smart

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Considering his reduced role, I don't think Brown regressed at all.

But yes, at this point the price has gone up since Tatum value is down right now. 

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

But yes, at this point the price has gone up since Tatum value is down right now.

Would you go all in as suggested above even though at the possibility of an apocalypse ending and pure rebuild for 2020-2021 and onwards?

All of the work by Danny ... thanos snap of a finger...turns to dust

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

If the Lakers, offered Ball, Kuzma and Ingram... that would still be the better deal

Now if the Memphis gets to keep their pick and Celts get a more favorable pick for 2020... that could make a difference

Lets say Danny goes all in... he plans to retire soon anyways. Irving only agrees to a 1 + 1

AD
Horford
Hayward
Smart
Irving

C ?
PF ?
SF ?
SG ?
PG Smart

The Lakers package is not better, it wasn't better during the season and when the Pelicans preferred to wait to see if they could get Tatum and it's not better ow that Ball and Ingram lost large chunks of the season to injuries. Add in multiple report that the NOP just dont wnat to deal with the Lakers. Add in our superior draft assets. The bottom line is NOP can feel free to ask for both, but until there is another package out there that gives them the leverage to demand both Ainge will refuse, and rightl so. At this point, there doesn't appear to be such a package. The mots obvious construction is still Tatum, Smart, and some amount of picks. Maybe Yabu or Williams thrown in. And even with Tatum "regression" (which wasn't actually regression) thats still a very good offer.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Why wouldn't they ask for both the entire time?

Regression is irrelevant media chatter, they were always going to ask for everything. That's why you negotiate. Celtics have to be willing to walk away if they want to pay anything other than 120% freight.

Smart/Hayward at the wing is a losing proposition.

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

AD
Horford
Hayward
Smart
Irving

C ?
PF ?
SF ?
SG ?
PG Smart

The Lakers package is not better, it wasn't better during the season and when the Pelicans preferred to wait to see if they could get Tatum and it's not better ow that Ball and Ingram lost large chunks of the season to injuries. Add in multiple report that the NOP just dont wnat to deal with the Lakers. Add in our superior draft assets. The bottom line is NOP can feel free to ask for both, but until there is another package out there that gives them the leverage to demand both Ainge will refuse, and rightl so. At this point, there doesn't appear to be such a package. The mots obvious construction is still Tatum, Smart, and some amount of picks. Maybe Yabu or Williams thrown in. And even with Tatum "regression" (which wasn't actually regression) thats still a very good offer.

Bingo. Whatever value Ingram and Ball had is diminished by injuries (Ingram's potentially career-ending, and without warning). Also, Smart is a proven player and great culture guy with three years left on his very reasonable contract.  He's not a throw-in!

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

AD
Horford
Hayward
Smart
Irving

C ?
PF ?
SF ?
SG ?
PG Smart

Bingo. Whatever value Ingram and Ball had is diminished by injuries (Ingram's potentially career-ending, and without warning). Also, Smart is a proven player and great culture guy with three years left on his very reasonable contract.  He's not a throw-in!

Smart is not a throw in but he is also not someone you can build on

he is a super role player

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!

AD
Horford
Hayward
Smart
Irving

C ?
PF ?
SF ?
SG ?
PG Smart

The Lakers package is not better, it wasn't better during the season and when the Pelicans preferred to wait to see if they could get Tatum and it's not better ow that Ball and Ingram lost large chunks of the season to injuries. Add in multiple report that the NOP just dont wnat to deal with the Lakers. Add in our superior draft assets.

If the Lakers package was the "best" package, the deal would've been done before the deadline. Nothing has changed except Lavar Ball re-emerged and was already trying to redirect Lonzo to Phoenix when trade talks were ramping out and Ingram went down with a blood clot.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 01:44:12 PM by RJ87 »
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
i'm probably asking about ben simmons first.   Pelicans won't get both of our guys.   they also can't be super picky because he isn't staying next summer.   also,  i expect other teams will emerge as suitors.   

And from anybody connected,  the Pelicans aren't dealing with the Lakers.  Full stop.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

AD
Horford
Hayward
Smart
Irving

C ?
PF ?
SF ?
SG ?
PG Smart

The Lakers package is not better, it wasn't better during the season and when the Pelicans preferred to wait to see if they could get Tatum and it's not better ow that Ball and Ingram lost large chunks of the season to injuries. Add in multiple report that the NOP just dont wnat to deal with the Lakers. Add in our superior draft assets.

If the Lakers package was the "best" package, the deal would've been done before the draft. Nothing has changed except Lavar Ball re-emerged and was already trying to redirect Lonzo to Phoenix when trade talks were ramping out and Ingram went down with a blood clot.

tomorrow lotto will be a dealbreaker

because if Knicks get #1

they can secure AD via trade ... while playing with Durant, Irving to join the team

Pelicans #1 choice would likely be obtain Zion on their path to rebuild imo

Zion + #4-6 pick... is a nice start to a rebuild

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
i'm probably asking about ben simmons first.   Pelicans won't get both of our guys.   they also can't be super picky because he isn't staying next summer.   also,  i expect other teams will emerge as suitors.   

And from anybody connected,  the Pelicans aren't dealing with the Lakers.  Full stop.

Rich Paul is also Ben's agent. I think that gets killed before it gets any traction.
2021 Houston Rockets

RazzelnoDazzel

I mean it was between us and the Lakers. Whose value is “high” right now? Tatum and Brown have higher PER and they had to play with someone who didn’t pass. I think we are still in the runnings to get a deal done if we wanted to.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The question is not what they want, it's what other offers they're likely to get.

What is the actual market?

Are the Pelicans bold enough to keep AD heading into next season if another team won't meet their preferred price?

I agree that it makes sense for the Pelicans to demand Brown and Tatum, especially since neither has solidified himself as a clear cut future star. 

I'm not sure another team is really going to be able to offer the Pelicans a better package than one centered around Brown or Tatum plus a boatload of picks.

Is there any chance Philly offer Simmons?  I'm not sure Embiid and AD really makes sense, as crazy as that combo would be in terms of talent and size.

I could see the Pelicans having more interest in a package built around Bradley Beal.  I'm not sure if the Wizards have enough additional stuff to throw in to make that enticing.  Besides, without Beal the Wizards have nothing on their roster so there's no chance they would be able to keep AD after next year.

The Clips could offer SGA, Harrell, Shamet, and perhaps some cap relief.  Is SGA really more exciting than Tatum?  Is Harrell good enough to make up the difference?  I'm not sure.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
The question is not what they want, it's what other offers they're likely to get.

What is the actual market?

Are the Pelicans bold enough to keep AD heading into next season if another team won't meet their preferred price?

I agree that it makes sense for the Pelicans to demand Brown and Tatum, especially since neither has solidified himself as a clear cut future star. 

I'm not sure another team is really going to be able to offer the Pelicans a better package than one centered around Brown or Tatum plus a boatload of picks.

Is there any chance Philly offer Simmons?  I'm not sure Embiid and AD really makes sense, as crazy as that combo would be in terms of talent and size.

I could see the Pelicans having more interest in a package built around Bradley Beal.  I'm not sure if the Wizards have enough additional stuff to throw in to make that enticing.  Besides, without Beal the Wizards have nothing on their roster so there's no chance they would be able to keep AD after next year.

The Clips could offer SGA, Harrell, Shamet, and perhaps some cap relief.  Is SGA really more exciting than Tatum?  Is Harrell good enough to make up the difference?  I'm not sure.

I don't think a Ben Simmons for AD swap would happen. As we all know, agents control so much behind the scenes so I think Rich Paul squashes that before it happens.

Bradley Beal doesn't make sense for them, he only has 2 more season on his deal so that's a short window to build a team around him before he could leave.
2021 Houston Rockets