Author Topic: Hurricane Michael...FLCeltsFan affected (Please contribute to GoFundMe)  (Read 13585 times)

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11831
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Hi Celtics family.  First of all I have to say that God is good.  We took a direct hit from Hurricane Michael and my family is all ok.  The house is another story.

Trees came through the roof on both came through the roof on both ends of the house.  Trees are blocking the road in and out so we have to walk to get in or out.  No electric or water but we have food and bottled water that will hopefully last until they can cut their way in here. 

We have a generator but gas will be a problem unless we can get out.  I have no cell service but my son loaned me his so I could let you all know I'm safe. 

Unfortunately, I will be without power for several weeks at the least.  It looks like a war zone and 95% of power polls are down and with the damage to the house it will be awhile.  I'm so sorry but I won't be able to do game threads for awhile.  But I'll be cheering for my Celtics even though I won't be able to follow them for awhile. 

I probably won't be able to check back for awhile but I am thinking of you all. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 07:10:30 PM by Roy H. »

Re: Hurricane michael
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 04:50:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Heartbreaking, FLCF. My thoughts, best wishes and prayers, and I think the rest of the board will agree with me, as well as the thoughts, best wishes and the prayers of everyone here at CelticsStrong are with you. Don't worry about the game threads, they are completely unimportant as compared to what you will be going through over the next several weeks and months.

You take care. We all love you here.

As an aside, I will take over the setup of game threads. They won't be FLCF good, but I will try my best.

Re: Hurricane Michael...FLCeltsFan effected
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 05:04:15 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Hang in there, FL.  I'm so sorry.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 05:27:02 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I’m glad to hear that you and your family are physically safe. 

I’m very sorry about your home.  It’s kind and generous of you to think of us here, but please don’t spend another thought on the game threads.

Let us know how we can assist you.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Hurricane michael
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 06:20:12 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Heartbreaking, FLCF. My thoughts, best wishes and prayers, and I think the rest of the board will agree with me, as well as the thoughts, best wishes and the prayers of everyone here at CelticsStrong are with you. Don't worry about the game threads, they are completely unimportant as compared to what you will be going through over the next several weeks and months.

You take care. We all love you here.

As an aside, I will take over the setup of game threads. They won't be FLCF good, but I will try my best.

This is terrible news, and I hope things get better for you and your family soon. TPs to everyone here, especially to nick for stepping up to do the game threads.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 06:52:21 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
This stinks, sorry for the loss, I hope you get the aid and help you need to get back on your feet.   Maybe there is a Celtics backer type club near you.

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 07:39:17 PM »

Offline Kaz

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 73
That's unfortunate to hear  :(

From a Celtics fan in FLA to another, I hope you stay safe and can get everything back together

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 04:23:28 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Be safe. Stay warm. Take care of the family and get everything back together!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 06:20:48 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
From another FL Celts Fan, may God be with you and your family. If there is anything we can do for you in Tampa let me know.

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2018, 09:38:37 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
As you've said the important thing is that you and your family are safe. So grateful for that. And so sorry for the physical damage and major life disruption that you are dealing with.

This probably goes without saying but you know if there's anything people here can do to help, just ask and we'll find a way. Good luck with the recovery and go Celtics!

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2018, 02:05:11 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Very sad to hear of your home and its memories, but what is important has been saved. I will pray for your recovery.

God is good.

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 03:57:56 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
So sorry to hear, FLC. You are always one of the brightest voices on CS and we will miss you. Glad to hear everybody is okay and I hope the recovery efforts go as quickly and smoothly as possible.

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2018, 04:15:34 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Sorry to hear about the hit you took from the Hurricane I pray you bounce back quickly and stronger than ever.

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2018, 06:31:27 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Glade to hear your family survived and is safe

We have family at Panama Beach , they are living in the garage with a gen and gas grill.

We just survived Florence couple weeks back. I live on the Beach at below Moorehead City , NC , we ran off a generator , stored supplies and water for 6 days .  I was draining the cars gas tanks to run the generator .  Our town is still ruff , but Ill say now where near as bad as some Florida pics I seen...wow!  Many people lost everything here , cars , homes , they never had flooding in history , that it flooded during Florence.  They ate ruined , no insurance .   We ve had people from Michigan, Ohio, Florida , TX , and many more states working here non stop in clean up.  It will take another 6-12 months to get back close to where we were.

I feel you pain.

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2018, 06:56:36 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Sorry to hear about this, hope things get better soon.