Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2019-2020  (Read 177325 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2019-2020
« Reply #1680 on: September 20, 2020, 10:57:34 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Well so far the Nuggets have been as useless against the Lakers as I thought they'd be. L.A. gonna be nice and rested for the Finals.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1681 on: September 20, 2020, 10:58:04 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Somebody plz give them some L's in those Mamba jerseys.

The more they remain standing in the playoffs the uglier it gets.

It's gonna be up to us. If they end up facing the Heat they are going to sweep them.

Then the C's need to get it together and clean it up against Miami. They have a big problem holding onto leads. I hope something can be done between now and Tuesday.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1682 on: September 20, 2020, 11:16:31 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
What was up with Plumlee's defense on that shot? He didn't even get picked off. Pitiful.

« Reply #1683 on: September 20, 2020, 11:51:12 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Man I wish the Clippers didn't actually choke
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1684 on: September 21, 2020, 01:53:16 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
How any casual NBA fans find a Lakers/Heat NBA Finals a more interesting matchup than Lakers/Celtics is a lunatic. They want a LeBron vs his old team can generate a storyline. That's a boring story lol.

Any true diehard LAL/BOS fans will know it's this matchup that will generate views.

That being said, I do wish for a Celtics/Nuggets NBA Final, now that'd be fun hahaha. Battle of the two #3 seeds.

« Reply #1685 on: September 21, 2020, 08:26:35 AM »

Online CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Lol someone on the RealGM general board said that the Clippers and us have benefitted the most from favorable ref calls. The Laker fans are so obnoxius...

« Reply #1686 on: September 21, 2020, 08:40:03 AM »

Offline Celtics Mike

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 237
Lol someone on the RealGM general board said that the Clippers and us have benefitted the most from favorable ref calls. The Laker fans are so obnoxius...
LOL Tell that to Daniel Theis, every time he breathes in the paint he gets called for a foul.

« Reply #1687 on: September 21, 2020, 08:40:32 AM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104

Part of me wishes this would be lebron's fifth championship and there would be the conflict within of lebron tying their hero in championships.

« Reply #1688 on: September 21, 2020, 09:28:30 AM »

Online CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73

Part of me wishes this would be lebron's fifth championship and there would be the conflict within of lebron tying their hero in championships.
I don't. I wish he had 0 championships, although he is a role model off the court, he doesn't personify the soul of basketball on the court and in the front office.

« Reply #1689 on: September 21, 2020, 10:43:23 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I never felt like they were actually going to beat the Lakers anyway. Kawhi is awesome, but PG13 is a playoff dud every year and the rest of the roster is too weak. They gave up too much of their depth acquiring PG13.

« Reply #1690 on: September 21, 2020, 11:38:51 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I never felt like they were actually going to beat the Lakers anyway. Kawhi is awesome, but PG13 is a playoff dud every year and the rest of the roster is too weak. They gave up too much of their depth acquiring PG13.

It's not really about depth when it comes to the playoffs. Besides they literally had the 6th man of the year in Harrell and the guy who finished 3rd in Lou Williams. Whatever you think of Shamet or Green, you should be able to roll with that top 7. We all knew DEN was going to choke in the WCF, just as we know MIA will do the same if they beat the Cs. Both teams are out of their league, they just happened to play inspired, resilient basketball to get to this point. And in MIA's case, we spotted them two (ridiculously lucky) games w/o one of our best players.

If the universe is just, we will beat the Heat and then take down the Lakers in the Finals.

« Reply #1691 on: September 21, 2020, 11:42:32 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
If the universe is just, we will beat the Heat and then take down the Lakers in the Finals.

On this I will wholeheartedly agree

I definitely don't see either Miami or Denver doing it, and someone MUST 'Beat LA'.

« Reply #1692 on: September 21, 2020, 12:29:07 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

It's not really about depth when it comes to the playoffs. Besides they literally had the 6th man of the year in Harrell and the guy who finished 3rd in Lou Williams. Whatever you think of Shamet or Green, you should be able to roll with that top 7. We all knew DEN was going to choke in the WCF, just as we know MIA will do the same if they beat the Cs. Both teams are out of their league, they just happened to play inspired, resilient basketball to get to this point. And in MIA's case, we spotted them two (ridiculously lucky) games w/o one of our best players.

Well, I can tell you right now that the universe is most certainly not just, so we'd better not put our eggs in that particular basket.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1693 on: September 21, 2020, 04:51:11 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I definitely don't see either Miami or Denver doing it, and someone MUST 'Beat LA'.
If it is Celtics-Lakers in the Finals, when it's supposed to be Boston home games I wonder if ABC will pipe in "Beat LA" chants!

« Reply #1694 on: September 21, 2020, 04:55:07 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White

If it is Celtics-Lakers in the Finals, when it's supposed to be Boston home games I wonder if ABC will pipe in "Beat LA" chants!

That would be intriguing. Hope they do that if both teams get there. They'll prob pump in "Boston sucks" chant for LAL home games.