Author Topic: Nets Imploding Already?  (Read 42004 times)

Re: Nets Imploding Already?
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2021, 03:21:36 PM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125
As much as I am bitter as a Celtics fan towards Kyrie, I am inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt that he is, in fact, dealing with a serious personal issue. If that's the case, it's the prerogative of the player and the team to keep the details private. I think the concern is that he's outraged about recent events (understandable) and just doesn't feel like playing, in which case he and his team should come out and say so. But again, it's hard to know and I personally am trying not to speculate too much. 

« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2021, 03:29:18 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 91
As much as I am bitter as a Celtics fan towards Kyrie, I am inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt that he is, in fact, dealing with a serious personal issue. If that's the case, it's the prerogative of the player and the team to keep the details private. I think the concern is that he's outraged about recent events (understandable) and just doesn't feel like playing, in which case he and his team should come out and say so. But again, it's hard to know and I personally am trying not to speculate too much.

Well, at least he hasn’t gone speeding down the turnpike on a motorcycle while strapped with concealed weapons. Yet.

« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2021, 03:43:19 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

I feel differently. Most people were upset by the Capitol attack, but sucked it up and went about their jobs since. Including the other 499 players in the NBA.  If the reports are true that he did this because of being upset with what happened there, I would describe that as a form of protest rather than "personal reasons," and his teammates can decide whether or not they support him or not in that decision. But the team and its management at some point needs to say enough is enough and dock him for not playing. 

« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2021, 04:33:48 PM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125

I feel differently. Most people were upset by the Capitol attack, but sucked it up and went about their jobs since. Including the other 499 players in the NBA.  If the reports are true that he did this because of being upset with what happened there, I would describe that as a form of protest rather than "personal reasons," and his teammates can decide whether or not they support him or not in that decision. But the team and its management at some point needs to say enough is enough and dock him for not playing.

I agree with what you've written here. If he's upset about recent events, then that would be understandable (I think most of us fit in this category). But it doesn't mean it's acceptable to miss games only on that basis. I think I was more trying to get at the possibility that there's a deeper issue besides that.

« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2021, 10:58:13 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2021, 11:09:43 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
He "just didn't want to play"

Really? Wow. He ain't even making any excuses. Why is he in the league getting paid millions again when he don't even want to play

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2021, 11:32:50 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2021, 11:35:42 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I don't know these guys make so much money, instead of pouting and pulling the "whoa's me" bs why doesn't he use his money to try and help fix the situation?

this is just kyrie wanting everyone to look at him because he's "sooooo" upset and it makes him appear to be this really deep individual.

Ya know making it about him.

« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2021, 11:39:10 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
https://twitter.com/thehoopcentral/status/1348832928491425793?s=21

Off the grid
It looks like Kyrie has been prepared for these events as he’s a prepper lol.
I just hope he is not close to the edge of the earth 😬😂

« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2021, 11:48:59 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2021, 11:53:30 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
the NFL does administers the wonderlic, is there an NBA equivalent? I am nto sure that Kyrie has actually performed to his contracts since he left Cleveland. Well maybe he did perform in his FA year.

« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2021, 11:59:10 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
'Kings raise Kings' ...Kyrie's dad raised Lebron James?

« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2021, 11:11:12 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
Sources with
@Malika_Andrews
: As the NBA is expected to begin examining online videos circulating of a maskless Kyrie Irving at a family birthday party, there’s no belief that he will return to the Brooklyn Nets lineup this week.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2021, 11:18:51 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Poor Kyrie. I'm sure his personal reasons for missing games must be tough. As he's seen partying without a mask  ::)

Like at least Harden's actually been playing for Houston. Meanwhile Kyrie says "he doesn't feel like playing" and he probably won't for a while now.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2021, 11:51:29 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
Sources with
@Malika_Andrews
: As the NBA is expected to begin examining online videos circulating of a maskless Kyrie Irving at a family birthday party, there’s no belief that he will return to the Brooklyn Nets lineup this week.

who is going to suspend/fine him 1st

NBA or wimpy nets ?