Author Topic: Poor Kenny George  (Read 3416 times)

Poor Kenny George
« on: October 18, 2008, 12:33:23 PM »

Offline Can97

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4

Re: Poor Kenny George
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 12:45:26 PM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 162
  • Green 18!
Wow, just wow! I think he could've gotten a solid NBA player with his amazing height.

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 12:26:40 AM »

Offline Spoon

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14
Wow, just wow! I think he could've gotten a solid NBA player with his amazing height.
Not really.  George could barely run up the floor and might not have been able to pass a NBA physical. The guy's body was wrecked by injures. Of course there would have been tons of posts for the Celtics to draft him with a 2nd because he is OMG 7'9"! Well so is Sun Ming Ming.

That said, I feel bad for him since he seems like a good kid. The NY Times article about him this year mentioned that he had already written some screenplays and might pursue a career as a writer.   

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 01:28:32 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
That's really terrible, he definitely could have made a few mill in the league for a few years before they gave up on him, but also he is going to have a tough life. I wonder if he is going to be in a wheel chair now or what, human beings just ain't meant to be that big.

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 02:56:29 AM »

Offline BirdNerd

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 17
Being tall is difficult, especially if you're not a pro bball player.   I work with a guy who's 6'10" is husky and has no interest in sports.   seeing how people react to this guy is amazing.    For some reason, people feel its OK to approach him and make recycled ignorant comments about his size.   its unbelievable why this is OK to people.  its like walking the street and informing someone they have a huge nose or big ass.   its no different in my mind.    no one wants to stand out for physical characteristics beyond their control.   period.

My point is, this kid is huge and it must be a challenge for him.  especially now if he's not balling.  the media pieces on him indicate he's really a great kid and has a mind.    hope everything works out for him and he's happy.