CelticsStrong > Using CelticsStrong

How do you make tables / import Excel tables on Celticsstrong?

(1/1)

RodyTur10:
Hello,

does anyone know how to import Excel tables into a post?

Or how to effectively create a table with the "Insert Table" function? (don't know how to use it)

Somebody:

--- Quote from: RodyTur10 on May 28, 2020, 06:03:55 PM ---Hello,

Or how to effectively create a table with the "Insert Table" function? (don't know how to use it)
--- End quote ---
I think Roy had a post that had a really good table in the historical draft thread we did in March, you can find it and just copy the format.

bdm860:

--- Quote from: RodyTur10 on May 28, 2020, 06:03:55 PM ---Hello,

--- End quote ---

It's not easy, especially if you're not familiar with HTML language.  And to me, it's more pain than it's worth, I think it's easier to just take a screenshot of an excel table and upload the picture instead, but let's give the table function a shot anyway.

[ table] - Anything in brackets (minus the space in the beginning) tells the system you're starting some command
[ /table] - anything with a backslash tells us you're ending that command

So within that table code, we'll have the row info
[ tr] - start of the row
[ /tr] - end of the row

And further within that, we have what is essentially the column data.
[ td] - this is the column data inside your row
[ /td] - this ends the data

Putting it all together, the HTML code will look like this:
(and to me it helps to work from the inside out, I start with the [ td] sections, then wrap it in [ tr] and copy paste while replacing the data inside).

[ table] - starts my table

[ tr] - first row of data, if you want column headers you'll put them here
[ td]Player[ /td] - each td section will be the data in a column
[ td]PPG[ /td]
[ td]RPG[ /td]
[ td]APG[ /td]
[ /tr] - tells us we're ending that row

[ tr] - my style is to just copy and paste the the previous section
[ td]Tatum[ /td] - and then just replace the values within td to make sure I keep the format consistent
[ td]23.6[ /td]
[ td]7.1[ /td]
[ td]2.9[ /td]
[ /tr]

[ tr] - copy and pasting section above to maintain format, but replacing the values
[ td]Brown[ /td]
[ td]20.4[ /td]
[ td]6.4[ /td]
[ td]2.2[ /td]
[ /tr]

[ tr] - copy and pasting section above to maintain format, but replacing the values
[ td]Hayward[ /td]
[ td]17.3[ /td]
[ td]6.5[ /td]
[ td]4.1[ /td]
[ /tr]

[ /table] - end table

And all that will produce this once you eliminate the spaces within the brackets:

PlayerPPGRPGAPGTatum23.67.12.9Brown20.46.42.2Hayward17.36.54.1
Clear as mud I'm sure.

- Edit, can also add spaces within data section to spread out the columns a little. Here I just added spaces for the data in the first row, and to me it's a little easier to read, multiple ways to do this though

Player        PPG       RPG      APG      Tatum23.67.12.9Brown20.46.42.2Hayward17.36.54.1

RodyTur10:
Thanks for the clear explanation.
It's some work, but I guess as long as I'm not making mistakes it can be worth the trouble.

I'll try using this format soon. TP!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version