Author Topic: Tatum and Brown appreciation thread  (Read 4984 times)

Re: Tatum and Brown appreciation thread
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2024, 11:50:01 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 574
I've been extremely impressed with both Tatum  and Brown this playoff run. Both guys have given the Celtics exactly what they need.

Tatum has played a tremendous all around game. It feels like sometimes people hate on Tatum becasue he's not quite the scorer or offensive engine of the best guys in the league, but that's not what make Tatum great. What makes him great is being the best ALL AROUND player in the league. He's not the absolute best scorer or play maker or rebounder or defender but he's great at everything and plays a ton. There is just soooo much value in that. He's wing Tim Duncan.

And Brown has been exactly what you want. Attack on offense, efficient on large volumn, great on defense. Best #2 guy in the league. His one weakness is not being a great play maker, but he's great at what you need a #2 to do.

I really hope they win it all this year, they deserve that feather in their cap.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:35:09 AM by keevsnick »

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2024, 12:23:43 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Both players have learned from the past. The turnover issues late in games they had seem to be fixed.

Super proud of them.

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2024, 10:01:19 PM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 144
I've been extremely impressed with both Tatum  and Brown this playoff run. Both guys have given the Celtics exactly what they need.

Tatum has played a tremendous all around game. It feels like sometimes people hate on Tatum becasue he's not quite the scorer or offensive engine of the bets guys in the league, but that's not what make Tatum great. What makes him great is being the best ALL AROUND player in the league. He's not the absolute best scorer or play maker or rebounder or defender but he's great at everything and plays a ton. There is just soooo much value in that. He's wing Tim Duncan.

And Brown has been exactly what you want. Attack on offense, efficient on column, great on defense. Best #2 guy in the league. His one weakness is not being a great play maker, but hes great at what you need a #2 to do.

I really hope they win it all this year, they deserve that feather in their cap.

Agreed, and to add to it I would say that for the most part they are both very likeable guys.

Yeah I have taken issue with Jaylen in the past due to his tendency to push questionable political agendas, but at the end of the day that's his personal thing and as long as he keeps it away from his professional life (which he has done for the past year or so) then it doesn't bother me. 

But as an NBA player Brown and Tatum has both been the ultimate professionals.  They have worked hard to improve every year, they keep themselves in perfect physical shape, they both seem very coachable, they are both intelligent and well spoken, and neither of them plays dirty or gets into any real controversy on the court.