Author Topic: Cavaliers (0-1) vs Celtics (1-0) ECF Game #2 5/15/18  (Read 82481 times)

Re: Cavaliers (0-1) vs Celtics (1-0) ECF Game #2 5/15/18
« Reply #1425 on: May 16, 2018, 12:53:33 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484
NBATV is explaining to me why the only reason the Celtics won is because LeBron got hurt in the first half.

According to them apparently LeBron's injury affected every single Cavs player.

One might think that means the C's have a better team, and have advantages at multiple positions at all times. And that the Cavs play horrible defense. But no.

It's all about LeBron.

Thanks for the insight, NBATV. You #### clowns.

The biggest difference between a guy like Bird and LeBron is that Bird wouldn't be yucking it up in the post game press conference like Love and Bron did after a two games lost. Bird would call himself and his team mates a bunch of sissies and go on to fight for this series.

True. I was thinking about that Bird quote during the game actually, weirdly enough.

Bird also never had the support of these sniveling league-appointed media toadies like LeBron does. They make it easy to be soft.

So guys like Tyronn Lue can claim we're "gooning it up" and nobody has the balls to challenge him about why his team is soft.

« Reply #1426 on: May 16, 2018, 12:58:03 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Cavagedon indeed: Hood, Clarkson, Nance Jr, and Hill scored 5 points in game two.

Hood is playing scared, Clarkson was passable but can't get off the bench, Nance's bbiq is lower than Gerald Green's, and Hill has been invisible.

I am so glad that the C's so far haven't let any of these guys crash the party.

The folks who were freaking out after those trades Cleveland made were ridiculous. They got 4 role players who had done nothing in the playoffs. Crowder would've given them more than all those guys combined. They also should've kept Wade and Rose. At least those two can put up a couple of points in big games.

Yeah I was one of those nay-sayers that didn't think it helped them at all either.  I looked pretty stupid after that beat down clev gave us right after the trade.  But none of those guys has any playoff experience, none of them are leaders really.  I agree at least wade / crowder could give you leadership and experience and not just wilt when the playoffs got here.

There were two plays tonight that Nance committed two really dumb fouls.  One he slapped at the ball right in front of the ref.  You can't be at zero bbiq and do dumb stuff all the time in the playoffs.  Nance got back to the bench not long after that.

I have to give it to DA.  Even our 3rd string players all have decent bbiq.  We are truly a team that is greater than the sum of the parts.  So fun watching them develop this year.  Might be one of the best seasons to be a fan because of that.

« Reply #1427 on: May 16, 2018, 12:59:53 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
NBATV is explaining to me why the only reason the Celtics won is because LeBron got hurt in the first half.

One might think that means the C's have a better team, and have advantages at multiple positions at all times. And that the Cavs play horrible defense. But no.

It's all about LeBron.

The biggest difference between a guy like Bird and LeBron is that Bird wouldn't be yucking it up in the post game press conference like Love and Bron did after a two games lost. Bird would call himself and his team mates a bunch of sissies and go on to fight for this series.

True. I was thinking about that Bird quote during the game actually, weirdly enough.

Bird also never had the support of these sniveling league-appointed media toadies like LeBron does. They make it easy to be soft.

So guys like Tyronn Lue can claim we're "gooning it up" and nobody has the balls to challenge him about why his team is soft.

Cause people are always saying how much better LeBron is than Bird. Bird was tough and LeBron is a baby, it's that simple. Mark Jackson even said during the game how LeBron was the best passing forward in NBA history. Bird was better in a tougher league, Oscar Robinson was better in a league that called assists tighter. I get tired of all the smoke that gets blow up LeBron's ass. He's a great player but it's exhausting hearing all the BS all the time. Now folks will just talk about the Cavs for three days and The Celtics are the story!

« Reply #1428 on: May 16, 2018, 01:00:20 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479

It's all about LeBron.

Oh yeah, Bird would be calling his own guys out as wussies and shove their faces in it.  As competitors, you have to question the laughing and smiling by Love and Lebron in that postgame presser.  Are they so confident that they still have this series?  If I was them I would be pretty chippy...

« Reply #1429 on: May 16, 2018, 01:00:26 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Pretty average shooting night really.

Would be nice if we can get hot next game, whilst maintaining the same level of D.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #1430 on: May 16, 2018, 01:03:26 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Who got scared after LeBron started making all those buckets then korver got hot 2nd quarter? I wont lie I did a little

But I’ve seen us come back from bigger deficits so I was confident 

« Reply #1431 on: May 16, 2018, 01:28:16 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

It's all about LeBron.

Oh yeah, Bird would be calling his own guys out as wussies and shove their faces in it.  As competitors, you have to question the laughing and smiling by Love and Lebron in that postgame presser.  Are they so confident that they still have this series?  If I was them I would be pretty chippy...

Bird loved to win but hated to lose more!

« Reply #1432 on: May 16, 2018, 01:56:35 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

I was more concerned about Tatum's shoulder, given the size of LeBron's jaw. It's like the donkey jawbone that Samson used to slay a thousand Philistines.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1433 on: May 16, 2018, 02:15:21 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I was more concerned about Tatum's shoulder, given the size of LeBron's jaw. It's like the donkey jawbone that Samson used to slay a thousand Philistines.

LeBron's juiced jaw bone is a formidable weapon!

« Reply #1434 on: May 16, 2018, 03:22:44 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484

That is fantastic lol

« Reply #1435 on: May 16, 2018, 04:10:06 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

DEFIANCE.

No SMILES....NO JOKING AROUND......STRAIGHT BUSINESS.

Keep that SAME ATTITUDE on SATURDAY, BOS!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 04:16:38 AM by GreenFaith1819 »

« Reply #1436 on: May 16, 2018, 06:03:10 AM »

Offline LaBran Jaymes

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
Celtics go up 2-0 after tonight. You can take that to the bank.

Celtics 2 Cavs 0.

« Reply #1437 on: May 16, 2018, 06:18:58 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

On NBA.com there is an alibi evident right away at the home page, below the game score.
It says: "Celtics outscore Cavs 71-47 after LeBron injury"

We also led 72:50 in the first game. LeBron was fine.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #1438 on: May 16, 2018, 06:26:51 AM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
  • B's Up
Not sure if any else already posted this, but I loved Brad's adjustment on defense in the 4th qtr. Lebron was running the PnR with Thompson and just abusing us and then what does Brad do? He put Marcus smart on Thompson while also having a 3rd man spy and Jaylen on lebron. No matter what lebron did he didnt have a mismatch on a switch and you could tell it threw a wrench in their plans. They ended up just running around the arc and chucking up threes the rest of the way.

Just shows how versatile and how much of a beast Marcus is. A guard you can legitimately put onto power forwards and not have to worry about it. Also just a good move by Brad there recognizing that baynes/monroe/Tatum couldn't stick with lebron and finding a way to keep his best defenders on him
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #1439 on: May 16, 2018, 06:36:04 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
ha ha ha...the upside is that lebron cant do that all game.  ;D
Why not?
I RARELY quote myself but it's time to fess up.  I turned it off after the 1st quarter, mainly b/c I wake up at 5:00AM, and I had no confidence the C's would win.  The lesson:  Even though LBJ is having a great playoff run, he can't beat the C's by himself.  He is human and doesn't have the wind for an entire game.

C's in 5.