Author Topic: Shams: Porzingis to Boston?  (Read 56531 times)

Re: Shams: Porzingis to Boston?
« Reply #900 on: January 04, 2024, 08:44:36 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Agree with all who say this trade would ruin the team balance. KD is not a top-15 player all time. I put him in the 15-20 range.

« Reply #901 on: January 04, 2024, 08:57:58 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
That does bring up a good point, though: while I wouldn't trade Durant for Porzingis today (or wanted to trade a package for him in February of last season), Durant can be credibly included in the conversation for one of the best NBA players of all time - certainly of his era - while Kristaps is not.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #902 on: January 04, 2024, 11:07:48 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
This is clearly the best opportunity KP has had to win. Instead of coming in to save the day, he's just one of the pieces. There's a lot less pressure here. He's probably the best third option in the league. There aren't that many other teams where this would be the case. The Celtics have the infrastructure in place to win. I'd argue that NY and Dallas were not prepared to win a ring.

I'm surprised it didn't work out for them in Dallas.

Not surprised about New York though. Porzingis took a lot of heat and bullets but that team was still sort of dysfunctional (remember the Phil Jackson days?) and didn't have enough talent on the roster around him. Porzingis did improve and have some good seasons but unfortunately got hurt which made him miss a season. Then they dealt him but it was clear KP didn't see it working in NY and NY clearly weren't patient enough.

I'm not surprised it didn't work out in Dallas. As much as everyone fawns over Luka's stats, he still prefers to take the shot himself than to pass the ball - even when he has a considerably worse shot. I always think about the video someone posted to Youtube a few years ago (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-lbmsrMbJ0). Of course KP was going to get frustrated eventually.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #903 on: January 04, 2024, 11:13:56 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
Said it about a month ago.  Tatum is the guy but Zinger is the straw that stirs the drink.  The offense is so dynamic when he's out there.  He's slotted in so well and he's not being asked to be the alpha.  He's allowing to just play his game with no pressure and it makes everyone better around him.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #904 on: January 04, 2024, 01:58:41 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Said it about a month ago.  Tatum is the guy but Zinger is the straw that stirs the drink.  The offense is so dynamic when he's out there.  He's slotted in so well and he's not being asked to be the alpha.  He's allowing to just play his game with no pressure and it makes everyone better around him.

I had no idea he could score in so many ways until he came here.  He always seemed to be hanging about by the 3 line when he played against us.
Yup

« Reply #905 on: January 04, 2024, 03:55:57 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Agree with all who say this trade would ruin the team balance. KD is not a top-15 player all time. I put him in the 15-20 range.
I have him around 30. More like the Scottie Pippen range.

« Reply #906 on: Today at 12:24:29 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Well he laid a big fat egg just about his second game in the playoffs with us...1-9, 0-4 from 3, missed bunnies from 12 feet away, was treated like a turnstile by Heat players, got into an argument with Jaylen and was a -32 in a game we lost by 10 points. WE EXPECT BETTER!
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #907 on: Today at 12:33:19 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Guess the naysayers will come out and say it was a mistake trading away Timelord and Smart for KP and Jrue.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #908 on: Today at 12:35:21 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Not only that he had one field goal attempt the entire second half?  :o
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D