Author Topic: Nuggets (15-12) at Celtics (23-6) Game #30 12/13/17  (Read 22662 times)

Re: Nuggets (15-12) at Celtics (23-6) Game #30 12/13/17
« Reply #210 on: December 14, 2017, 08:56:47 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Just finished watching the game. For having played as good of defense as we played, they hit a lot of tough shots. They just have tough-shotmakers who were on last night.

The defensive activity could have been better, and we have got to stop giving up and-1s, but honestly I thought this was a good game for the Cs, especially without Al.

Ojeyle made a lot of defensive plays that didn't show up in the box score. Tips, rotations, verticality, contested shots, rebounds to finish possessions -- his energy level was great. And that almost dunk over a nuggets player. That was the second time he had one of those. Eventually he will start to make noise for us. If his jumpshot starts falling, his driving-the-closeout game could be exciting.

« Reply #211 on: December 14, 2017, 09:06:46 AM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136
Interesting....Smart played more minutes than any of the other starters. Ojeyle logged more minutes than any other player coming off the bench. Neither could drop one in the ocean. Coach must like what he sees.

« Reply #212 on: December 14, 2017, 09:07:08 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
The Denver guards were absolutely incredible. I am surprised they are not winning more. Luckily we had some stellar performances last night with Kyrie, Jaylen, Baynes and man was Larkin a key contributor. Did you all see Antoine Walker at the game last night? When they first showed him I thought it was Shaq. His head is the size of Shaq's now. Good to see that he was at the game (courtside).

EDIT: I guess Denver is winning more than I thought as they are 15-13 and #5 in the West. That is quite good considering they are without Milsap and they have been without Jokic.

Good win last night. I just didn't realize how good Harris and Murray were. Wow!
I thought the same thing.  wasn't till they said it was Toine that I realized it was him.  glad to see him around the C's.   

« Reply #213 on: December 14, 2017, 09:17:37 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
The Denver guards were absolutely incredible. I am surprised they are not winning more. Luckily we had some stellar performances last night with Kyrie, Jaylen, Baynes and man was Larkin a key contributor. Did you all see Antoine Walker at the game last night? When they first showed him I thought it was Shaq. His head is the size of Shaq's now. Good to see that he was at the game (courtside).

EDIT: I guess Denver is winning more than I thought as they are 15-13 and #5 in the West. That is quite good considering they are without Milsap and they have been without Jokic.

Good win last night. I just didn't realize how good Harris and Murray were. Wow!
I thought the same thing.  wasn't till they said it was Toine that I realized it was him.  glad to see him around the C's.

I thought it was one of the PATS linemen at first. LOL

« Reply #214 on: December 14, 2017, 10:44:02 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Thought the D was crap much of the game although the DEN guards were on fire.   Definitely one of our better bench games.  I'm not a Larkin guy at all but he played extremely well when they needed a bench lift.  Thought Baynes, Jaylen Kyrie, & Tatum all had excellent games.    Nice to see them have a game where they were shooting at nearly a 60% clip for once. 

Good bounceback after the Chicago debacle.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #215 on: December 14, 2017, 04:04:45 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Interesting....Smart played more minutes than any of the other starters. Ojeyle logged more minutes than any other player coming off the bench. Neither could drop one in the ocean. Coach must like what he sees.
and at least part of what he sees might be the numbers 24 and 6.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva