Author Topic: NCAA Tournament 2024  (Read 14029 times)

Re: NCAA Tournament 2024
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2024, 10:36:28 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
UConn pulling away…
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2024, 11:17:10 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Edey rocks

And he’s projected to go #30 to the Celtics!

Brad likes bigs that can run the floor. I don’t think Edey would fit the C’s style of play.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2024, 11:24:15 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
This is wild.  Men's final isn't going to beat this tonight.

ABC/ESPN’s telecast of South Carolina’s thrilling 87–75 win over Iowa averaged 18.7 million viewers, ESPN said on Monday. The network said it was the most watched basketball game since 2019, beating the ratings for every sporting event outside of football and the Olympics in that period. It came up just short of the the 19.5 million who watched NBC’s broadcast of the U.S. vs. Brazil gold medal game at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics. Current South Carolina head coach Dawn Staley was part of that gold-medal-winning American squad.

Viewership peaked at 24 million viewers, the network said. It smashed the previous women’s college basketball record, set just Friday night, and nearly doubled last year’s Iowa-LSU title game.
That is amazing.  I'd like to see the details.  I'm assuming that Caitlin Clark is the big driver for the increased viewership.  If so, now much will she drive ratings in the WNBA? Will women's college basketball be able to maintain the increased viewership next season?  Can other women's college sports draw increased viewership with better marketing? 

« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2024, 11:35:39 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
That was an amazing beatdown that UConn dealt Purdue. How soon before Danny Hurley is poached by an NBA team?

« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2024, 11:36:57 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
NCAA Tournament is chaos, and the right team doesn't always win.  Right team won this year though.  UConn was clearly the best team in the country and they proved it all year long. 

« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2024, 12:45:34 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Edey rocks

Brad likes bigs that can run the floor. I don’t think Edey would fit the C’s style of play.

I ve never seem him look winded at all .  He plays hard the entire game .  Have you seen him injured ?  He is very smart , team oriented .  I see him as exactly who Brad would take ,

« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2024, 10:10:27 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
UCONN just destroyed everyone along the way

On a side note, that was also a good run by future Celtic Edey  8)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2024, 10:12:34 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

TP

« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2024, 10:27:54 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

TP

Back at ya'  :)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2024, 11:13:55 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Edey rocks

I ve never seem him look winded at all .  He plays hard the entire game .  Have you seen him injured ?  He is very smart , team oriented .  I see him as exactly who Brad would take ,

Doesn’t have anything to do with how hard he plays or being winded.. Edey just doesn’t get up and down the floor quick enough. He’s slow. Queta and Kornet can run the floor and are quicker laterally.

« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2024, 02:47:48 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Edey rocks

Doesn’t have anything to do with how hard he plays or being winded.. Edey just doesn’t get up and down the floor quick enough. He’s slow. Queta and Kornet can run the floor and are quicker laterally.

His energy dropped a lot in the 2nd half last night. He struggled to defend the hoop, and to finish at the rim. He looked exhausted.

« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2024, 03:47:42 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Edey rocks

He tested at the combine last year.  His 3/4 court sprint wasn't bad.  3.45 seconds.  It was faster than guys like Boogie, Lopez, Olynyk and Gobert.  Now, three of those guys could shoot from outside, and Gobert is a monster defender.  Among last year's combine participants, he was faster than prospects like Emoni Bates and Grady Dick, and virtually tied with Marcus Sasser.  His lane agility was decent, too, better than TJD. 

To me, there's nothing disqualifying about his athleticism.  He's certainly worth a flyer in the late 1st / early 2nd.  That said, center isn't our position of greatest need.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2024, 04:33:31 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Sports TV Ratings
@SportsTVRatings
·
36m
per very kind source: 14.823m for Purdue/UConn Men's NCAA Championship across TBS, TNT and truTV.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team