Author Topic: hope walker gets 40 mins + tomorrow night  (Read 4498 times)

hope walker gets 40 mins + tomorrow night
« on: April 14, 2009, 11:13:22 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
wizards gonna be tankin, they're tied with the clips, should have recalled giddens from the flash also, his being putting up decent numbers

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/index.jsp?player=jr_giddens
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 12:17:52 AM by goCeltics »

Re: hope walker get 40 mins + tomorrow night
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 11:24:19 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
wizards gonna be tankin, they're tied with the clips, should have recalled giddens from the flash also, his being putting up decent numbers

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/index.jsp?player=jr_giddens
Why would we recall Giddens? He would never see the floor in the playoffs, he's better of in the D-league where he can play.

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 11:25:34 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1680
It's better for Giddens to play in the first game of the D League playoffs than to come back and play in a game where nobody cares.

As for Walker, I'd rather Doc just play TA and try to get him in the best possible headspace.  He's likely going to be critical to our success in the playoffs, and Walker can work on his game over the summer.  I hope he shows up at training camp next fall with something to prove.

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 11:27:35 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
don't want to see ANY starters out there tomorrow..NONE....ZERO...play gabe, baby, walker, eddie, tony, steph, moore, the hot dog vendor, eddie house's son...don't risk a stupid injury

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 11:28:01 PM »

Offline Ohio Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 18
  • GM - NYK
It's better for Giddens to play in the first game of the D League playoffs than to come back and play in a game where nobody cares.

As for Walker, I'd rather Doc just play TA and try to get him in the best possible headspace.  He's likely going to be critical to our success in the playoffs, and Walker can work on his game over the summer.  I hope he shows up at training camp next fall with something to prove.

I'd love to see both TA and Walker both get a lot of minutes, along with Marbury and Moore (as long as he doesn't foul out after the 1st quarter :P ) Who knows when we might need them in a crunch in the playoffs, getting them a lot of minutes this last game could payoff, let them work things out themselves.
CB Draft - New York Knicks
PG: George Hill / Nate Robinson
SG: Dwyane Wade / Gerald Henderson / Christian Eyenga
SF:  Grant Hill / Paul George / Earl Clark
PF:  Kenyon Martin / Jordan Hill / (Earl Clark)
C:   Greg Oden / Kurt Thomas / Hilton Armstong

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 11:37:40 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
walkers gonna get minutes for the last quarter of every home playoff game in the first 2 rounds.

Re: hope walker gets 40 mins + tomorrow night
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 12:23:42 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
like tonight, walker won't get many minutes.
Doc has tightened up his playoff rotation, and walker won't be part of it.  the extra minutes go to the bench players: marbury, house, t. allen, powe and moore.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 01:43:25 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
I'm all for a bit of Sky Walker run...

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 07:08:08 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
Billy will probably log his last minutes of the season tonight. I hope he gets 20 min or so

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 07:17:44 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
We want Rim Rocker Bill Walker!

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 08:24:41 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
walkers gonna get minutes for the last quarter of every home playoff game in the first 2 rounds.

What makes you think that?  Unless they're blowouts or foul trouble/injuries, I don't see Walker getting much of any run in the playoffs, especially not in the 4th quarter.  Despite the feelings of some, the 1st two rounds of the playoffs aren't just exhibition games leading to our date with the Cavs.  Our first two rounds went 7 games a piece last year.

Doc is gonna shorten the rotation and play the guys that he's comfortable with during the playoffs.  You've already got Paul, Ray, Tony and Eddie taking up the 2-3 spots.  And if Scal is ready to go for the playoffs, Billy's gonna be sitting.

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 12:57:31 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics

What makes you think that?  Unless they're blowouts or foul trouble/injuries, I don't see Walker getting much of any run in the playoffs, especially not in the 4th quarter.  Despite the feelings of some, the 1st two rounds of the playoffs aren't just exhibition games leading to our date with the Cavs.  Our first two rounds went 7 games a piece last year.

Doc is gonna shorten the rotation and play the guys that he's comfortable with during the playoffs.  You've already got Paul, Ray, Tony and Eddie taking up the 2-3 spots.  And if Scal is ready to go for the playoffs, Billy's gonna be sitting.

Right, Walker's only potential playoff PT barring injury or suspension will be a stop gap during the first half if the team has foul trouble.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 01:15:30 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

doing what?

bringing the other 9 guys i the rotation Gatorade?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 01:20:52 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428

doing what?

bringing the other 9 guys i the rotation Gatorade?
;D
i think he'll get 10 minutes tonight
BUT if scal can't go our only backup sf is ta who is 6'4" so none of us doc included should shut the door on walker