Author Topic: Thread for those of us going tonight  (Read 4753 times)

Thread for those of us going tonight
« on: May 14, 2008, 01:09:38 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
This is from red's army blog, all credit to them. Its required reading for anyone going to the game tonight;

Fans always refer to their teams in inclusive terms.

“We can’t win on the road.”  
“We’ll get them in Game 5″
“Our offense can look so bad some times”
We’ve seen the Celtics suck on the road.  We’ve heard them say how much they’re affected by the crowd.  So I say forget all the going nuts over who sucked in game 3 or game 4.  Forget getting p---ed about rotation this and rotation that.  The Celtics have home court advantage… which means it’s up to US to get the job done.

It’s up to us to make a ton of noise during the intros.  It’s up to us to chant “DE-FENSE” or “Let’s Go Cel-tics (clap, clap, clap clap clap) without being prompted by the jumbotron or Lucky.  If these guys need us to help them out… then [dang it]… lets help them out.  Don’t be discouraged by Cleveland’s made baskets.  Don’t clam up after a 6-0 run.  The team clearly feeds off us… so lets feed them like a fat guy at a buffet.

We can debate whether their dependence on the crowd is a shortfall later.  All I know is… they clearly need us… and if we win… we can all take heart in knowing we helped them win it all.  And then there’s this:  After seeing the Pats win on neutral sites and the Red Sox win it on the road twice… won’t it be great to celebrate a championship on the streets of Boston?

LETS GO CELTICS

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Re: Thread for those of us going tonight
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 01:19:28 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
I am not going to the game and I'm not even a Celtics fan but I love this kind of enthusiasm from a crowd base.  I hope the arena is rocking tonight.  Really makes the games mor enjoyable to watch at home.

The Celtics crowd is so much crazier than the Washington crowd. You could tell the Washington crowd was just waiting for the Wizards to lose.  They sat on their hands until the Wizards were up by a comfortable margin.  Not so with Boston fans.  Big props for being passionate (since that is what sports is about).

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 01:46:25 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
The Celtics crowd is so much crazier than the Washington crowd. You could tell the Washington crowd was just waiting for the Wizards to lose.  They sat on their hands until the Wizards were up by a comfortable margin.  Not so with Boston fans.

Uhh, have you been to a game at the "Garden"?  Most fans are quiet when we are losing, when there isn't a big dunk or three, when the "Noise Meter" isn't on the jumbotron or when Lucky isn't shooting a tee shirt into the crowd.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 01:58:00 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
The Celtics crowd is so much crazier than the Washington crowd. You could tell the Washington crowd was just waiting for the Wizards to lose.  They sat on their hands until the Wizards were up by a comfortable margin.  Not so with Boston fans.

Uhh, have you been to a game at the "Garden"?  Most fans are quiet when we are losing, when there isn't a big dunk or three, when the "Noise Meter" isn't on the jumbotron or when Lucky isn't shooting a tee shirt into the crowd.

thats not true, and yes i have been there, multiple times, including tonight.

Were a very passonate fan base thank you very much, and TP to mac.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 02:01:20 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Master Mason
if that is the case then why your plea for encouragement?  if the fans were already doing it you wouldn't have to beg on this forum.

don't get me wrong, i'm one who will be raucous during games, playoffs or preseason.  but the reality is, we are in the vast minority.  even though you deny it, you know it crownsy or you wouldn't have posted this thread.

to put things in perspective, about 3% of those attending tonight will see this anyway so it's kind of in vain.  Just my opinion...

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 02:06:27 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
if that is the case then why your plea for encouragement?  if the fans were already doing it you wouldn't have to beg on this forum.

don't get me wrong, i'm one who will be raucous during games, playoffs or preseason.  but the reality is, we are in the vast minority.  even though you deny it, you know it crownsy or you wouldn't have posted this thread.

to put things in perspective, about 3% of those attending tonight will see this anyway so it's kind of in vain.  Just my opinion...

I can' tell you how little i value the opinion of a cavs fan who only signed up after game 3....Your as bad as a wizards fan.

Mac i respect, he was here from day one of this series and is very knowledgable about your team and basketball in general, and is fun to have a conversation on basketball with.

your a troll, Who is looking to be negitive.  mission accomplished. you sir, win the interwebs.

LETS GO CELTICS

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 02:10:39 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Master Mason
Actually not a Cavs fan - your powers of perception fail you.  "Brick James" is my nickname for LeBron; a pun on Chappelle's "Rick James" parody.  Try again.

Also, last time I checked, personal attacks were against the forum rules.  Relax pal

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 02:17:02 PM »

Offline Pawtucket Pat

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 21
Actually not a Cavs fan - your powers of perception fail you.  "Brick James" is my nickname for LeBron; a pun on Chappelle's "Rick James" parody.  Try again.

Also, last time I checked, personal attacks were against the forum rules.  Relax pal

Troll or not, I'm a season ticket holder, and have been to every playoff game. The crowd has been rocking and instrumental to the team's success, in my opinion. I'm not sure what information you've gotten, or where your seats are, but you're wrong.

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 02:22:08 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

sure, and you just happened to sign up 4 days ago after a blow out to post nothing but negitive celtics posts. My fault, i don't know how i could think your a troll from a cavs board  ::)

also, while were playing the "that was a negitive psot, shame on you game" nice PM champ, you can come out and say those things in threads, its alright. it wasen't even that bad, i took no offense  ;D

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 02:23:00 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Also, last time I checked, personal attacks were against the forum rules. Relax pal

True enough.  Two way street though.  Let's end this here. - Redz 
Yup

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 02:30:38 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
fair enough Redz.

Anyway, Only 6 hours till game time, Can't wait to get out of work...days dragging waiting for the boys to get going. :-\

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 02:33:38 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
And for whatever it's worth I went to both Game 1's of the first two series and saw both sides of the crowd.  There were some moments of craziness and some where you could hear a pin drop.  I do think the crowd falls slave to the Jumbotron sometimes, but when the action on the court is heated the crowd is very much into it.  Game 1 of the Atlanta series was such a blowout that it was hard for the crowd to get too excited, and Game 1 vs. Cleveland featured some truly horrendous play from both sides, which had the crowd pretty perplexed for long stretches.  All in all though, I'd say the crowd's have been great and I'd expect the fans to bring their "A" game tonight.
Yup

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 02:39:36 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
fair enough Redz.

Anyway, Only 6 hours till game time, Can't wait to get out of work...days dragging waiting for the boys to get going. :-\
Thanks 8)

Without getting into details about making a healthy decision for my marriage: Looks like Tivo and a delayed viewing of the game for me. ::)

Don't tell me what happens!
Yup

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 02:47:54 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129

Without getting into details about making a healthy decision for my marriage: Looks like Tivo and a delayed viewing of the game for me. ::)

Don't tell me what happens!

Oh, I hate when that happens.  Had to listen to the first 3 quarters of Game 4 on the radio for the same reason. 

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2008, 03:54:38 PM »

Offline michael18

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
At the end of the game and winning, should start a chant "were behind you in Cleveland"