Author Topic: History is on our side?  (Read 4753 times)

History is on our side?
« on: May 13, 2008, 06:58:07 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

Re: History is on our side?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 07:02:59 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
History doesn't mean anything, to me. It's about what it is right here, right now.
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 07:04:47 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I clicked on that article earlier in the day and I was thinking to myself that I've really enjoyed Hollinger's work recently (I don't have insider so I see few of his articles and most which are available I think are terrible) but that bore my socks off.

What happened to people who talk about basketball?

He didn't even mentioned anything to do with the game of basketball nevermind something specific to the Hornets-Spurs which I expected his article to be about after reading the title. He could have put up a warning sign stating dull stats ahead.

Can we get some sports writers please! It's not much to ask for from ESPN.

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 07:14:29 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I clicked on that article earlier in the day and I was thinking to myself that I've really enjoyed Hollinger's work recently (I don't have insider so I see few of his articles and most which are available I think are terrible) but that bore my socks off.

He didn't even mentioned anything to do with the game of basketball nevermind something specific to the Hornets-Spurs which I expected his article to be about after reading the title. He could have put up a warning sign stating dull stats ahead.

Yes it is too much to ask. Logical analysis of sports doesn't generate revenue. Over the top graphics, sensationalist stories, and bad reporting does. Enough about the Celtics-Cavaliers series, let's show some more Lebron James highlights, especially leave in the ones where he blatantly travels and no one calls it.

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 07:26:47 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Here is a piece of history from last night (Donny Marshal I believe)

Every NBA champ has won at least three games on the road in the playoffs.

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 09:50:05 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

we can still do that. How about game 6 vs cavs, game 3 vs pistons, and one road win in the finals? That's not so far fetched.

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 09:53:15 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

we can still do that. How about game 6 vs cavs, game 3 vs pistons, and one road win in the finals? That's not so far fetched.

Oh, I agree. 

Just putting that history out there.

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 10:03:48 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
History doesn't mean anything, to me. It's about what it is right here, right now.

reminds me of that van halen song..."right now"....wit sammy hagar...now thats a song for a celics video remix..

right now brother...

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 11:28:28 PM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
History doesn't mean anything when the NBA wants topromote LeRBron as its savior since its ratings aren't the greatest in recent years after jordan retired....

They want toshow that Lebron is a dominant player like Jordan was...

Man, I'll be so annoyed in 2010 when LeBron joins the Knicks and the NBA really shoves him down our thoats.

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 01:19:36 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Yes it is too much to ask. Logical analysis of sports doesn't generate revenue. Over the top graphics, sensationalist stories, and bad reporting does. Enough about the Celtics-Cavaliers series, let's show some more Lebron James highlights, especially leave in the ones where he blatantly travels and no one calls it.

Yeah, really ... or the blatant goal-tends he gets away with ... and the clear charges that miraculously look like "blocks" to the refs ... I have really never seen another player in the NBA that is treated with such "kid gloves", and it's getting a bit old, to say the least!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 01:32:29 AM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107

Yeah, really ... or the blatant goal-tends he gets away with ... and the clear charges that miraculously look like "blocks" to the refs ... I have really never seen another player in the NBA that is treated with such "kid gloves", and it's getting a bit old, to say the least!

Haha so true.  Lebron is the NBA's golden boy. He gets every call to go his way 99% of the time.  Same with Kobe and Jordan back when he played with the Bulls.  While I love the Celtics  I really hate the NBA game nowadays and how they try to promote the individual instead of the team.  I don't know maybe thats just my opinion. 

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 01:43:18 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Haha so true.  Lebron is the NBA's golden boy. He gets every call to go his way 99% of the time.  Same with Kobe and Jordan back when he played with the Bulls.  While I love the Celtics  I really hate the NBA game nowadays and how they try to promote the individual instead of the team.  I don't know maybe thats just my opinion. 

I agree, Scribbs (TP) ... it's a vastly different game today, with all-too-obvious priorities. The league has it's Golden Boys, and spends a great deal of time stroking them to the max. Stern has even said as much, though a bit indirectly. LeBron, Kobe, CP3, Dwight Howard, Durant, Duncan, Davis, and a few more ... all have the golden NBA "Mantle of Infallibility" that surrounds them, though the first four I listed, are really in "league" by themselves! (Sorry ... couldn't avoid the obvious horrible pun).
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 08:11:16 AM »

Offline johnnymost

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 4
  • This year
so, when all else fails, we resort to conspiracy threories? The Celtics have to beat the team, the refs, and Gertrude Stein (I mean David Stern)?

This year is the year that the NBA goes in one of two directions - team play vs. individual superstar play. Who wins?
No more waiting

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 09:07:24 AM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29

He has to be treated with kid gloves or else his mommy will come out of the stands.