Author Topic: Who would you rather have? Wally/ Delonte or Ray Allen  (Read 13042 times)

Who would you rather have? Wally/ Delonte or Ray Allen
« on: May 13, 2008, 01:05:47 PM »

Offline jack

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
Trick question.

How about NONE of them.

Look, there are two things at play here.

#1.  Ray is DONE!!!  He has been great for the league, but at this point in time he cannot play anymore.  I mean common, the guy cannot even guard Wally who stinks.  it's just frustrating

or

#2  Ray just does not work in the system.  He is a guy who needs many shots and that is not going to happen here.  That and the fact the Doc, the idiot Rivers, who I want to be fired as soon as possible cannot run a darn play.  You know, simple basketball plays.  Maybe a Screen and Roll, or how about Ray coming off a "pick" once in awhile.  It just boggles my mind to be honest.

At the end of the season, win or lose, Ainge should seriously think about trading Ray Allen for some draft picks.  He has alot of money owed to him and we can use that to sign one of the many fantastic available free agents

Think about Antwan Jamison over Ray Allen.  What about Joe Smith?  If you thought the defense was good this year, imagine how good it would be with a young Smith in the line-up.  If one thing Atlanta showed us was that we need some athletic young players on this team.

What are some other free agents we could use next year in place of Allen?

Re: Who would you rather have? Wally/ Delonte or Ray Allen
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 01:09:32 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Ray's good he just is getting defended well.

I said this in another thread, but man... LeBron is a freakin god.   If you just replaced LeBron with Paul Pierce... how much better would this Cavs team be than the Celtics last year? 

Delonte = Delonte
Wally = Wally
Ben = Perk
Z = Al
Gibson = Rondo

Seriously... LeBron is amazing.

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 01:09:42 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Easy question: Ray, totally. And he's FAR from "done".
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 01:09:52 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Ray had a good year, especially in the second half.  He's struggling right now, but a lot of that is that his teammates aren't finding him shots (and he's not asked / allowed to create on his own in our offense.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 01:11:21 PM »

Offline Potapenko Boxout

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
hey jack

get a clue.

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 01:12:41 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
ray, delonte is a nice backup, and wally is ray with even more wear and tear on him.

Ray's been good most of the year, despite the perception on this blog that roy has shown countless times to be false.

The problem right now is NO ONE on the celtics wants to drive in the lane. no drive, no collapse, no collapse, no kick out for the open shooter.

by contrast, the cavs are driving in every play.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 01:18:31 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
Ray without a doubt

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 01:23:43 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
we got ray and im goin to support him..

but you got to admit wally and delonte are doin they thing..

im glad we got ray tho..

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 01:25:18 PM »

Offline ILOVEWALTAH

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
Is this a serious question, the guy has a few bad games and all of a sudden hes done and his production during the regular season was a Fluke. Considering both paul and KG answered that when the games on the line the ball goes to allen must say something. Hes a shooter, if you had ever played basketball at a high competitive level you would know the Golden Rule of shooters, dont stop shooting. Ray Allen is a pure shooter, a highly regarded player at both ends, and has amazing basketball IQ. To say he cant play anymore is nuts, hes pretty far from being the Michael Jordan playing for the wizards. As for Wally and Delonte, I hated every min Wally was a Celtic and really dont see hows anyone could want him after the two years of horrible play and injuries to his knees and ankles.As for Delonte Ive always like his ability to shoot, get to the rim and his ability to lock someone down on D. The problem with delonte is that hes a 2 gaurd who keeps being put at the 1 and he doesnt really fit the NBA mold of a SG.

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 01:29:09 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
we got ray and im goin to support him..

but you got to admit wally and delonte are doin they thing..

im glad we got ray tho..

same on supporting ray, but you gotta admit by contrast that if the cavs were collapsing 3 guys on pierce going to the rim, ray would probley be 7-8 from downtown.

Right now he cant buy an open look, the only thing he's gotten that are close are those screens last night, and he hit them.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 01:34:10 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
RAY

Plus, without Ray, KG said he'd "never come to Boston", remember?
God bless and good night!

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 01:35:52 PM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
What about getting our 5th pick back?

Ray Allen seems to have lost a step.  While I don't care for Delonte or Wally. I'd take them back with that number 5 pick.

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 01:38:14 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
brick james...ya bringin up old feelins i had about kevin not feelin paul was a good enough reason to come here...i didnt think that was kool..kevin shoulda came here knowin that paul was bustin his behind jus like him and it wasnt gettin him nowhere...

one day i'll get over it..

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 01:43:45 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
"At the end of the season, win or lose, Ainge should seriously think about trading Ray Allen for some draft picks.  He has alot of money owed to him and we can use that to sign one of the many fantastic available free agents"

this also makes zero sense, what mythical team will we not only be fleecing out of thier draft picks, but also 18 million worth of expering contracts that are due to come off before free agency opens so that the money matches on the deal?

Also, that will still leave us over cap, which means we can't make offers to free agents. you'd need to move KG or paul as well to get under cap.

If you don't understand the salary cap, please refrain from posting these kinds of things, it just makes no sense feasably. The real NBA doesn't work like NBA2k8. I wish it did, then my team of pierce, allen, rondo, KG, and dwight howard would be unstoppable in real life as well.  ::)

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 01:58:41 PM »

Offline ILOVEWALTAH

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
It would be a lie for any Celtic fan to not be worried about the future 3 or 4 years from now, the only young player to really prove himself is Rondo. The is a good chance that if Danny Ainge makes one bad move within that time that we could go right back to the days after Bird, every season being an uncertainity. Al Jeff is obv going to become a player in the future and call me crazy but if you could just get Gerald Green to understand the game with his abilties, he could be amazing. Look at the bright side if we do win a few championships and end up with [bad] teams after it wont be anything new

Please refrain from profanity.  Thanks, Redz
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 02:14:09 PM by Redz »