Author Topic: Lavar Ball: "Lakers don't want to play for Luke Walton."  (Read 8981 times)

Lavar Ball: "Lakers don't want to play for Luke Walton."
« on: January 07, 2018, 10:46:53 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21991857/lavar-ball-says-los-angeles-lakers-coach-luke-walton-lost-team

LaVar Ball: Lakers 'don't want to play for' Luke Walton
9:23 AM ET
Jeff Goodman
ESPN Insider
Facebook
Twitter
Facebook Messenger
Pinterest
Email
print
comment
BIRSTONAS, Lithuania -- LaVar Ball says Los Angeles Lakers coach Luke Walton has lost the team.

EDITOR'S PICKS

Lithuanian team revamps games for Ball bros.
The Lithuanian team that signed LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball has withdrawn from one of its leagues and instead will play in the Big Baller Brand Challenge, a series of five "friendly" games, in an effort to get the brothers extensive playing time.

Ball, who was up at 5 a.m. local time Saturday to watch his son Lonzo Ball in his first game back with the Lakers since suffering a sprained shoulder on Dec. 23, expressed his frustration with Walton in an exclusive interview with ESPN.

"You can see they're not playing for Luke no more," Ball said from a spa resort in Birstonas, where he is staying while his two youngest sons, LiAngelo and LaMelo, get ready to make their professional debuts with Lithuanian team Prienu Vytautas. "Luke doesn't have control of the team no more. They don't want to play for him."

"That's a good team," he added of the Lakers, who have lost nine straight games. "Nobody wants to play for him. I can see it. No high-fives when they come out of the game. People don't know why they're in the game. He's too young. He's too young. ... He ain't connecting with them anymore. You can look at every player, he's not connecting with not one player."

LaVar Ball has had issues with his sons' coaches the past few years and even pulled LaMelo from Chino Hills High prior to the start of the season because of problems with first-year coach Dennis Latimore.

"Lonzo looked good, but he also looked disgusted," Ball said. "He was ready to play. Four minutes left in the first quarter, he dunked it, getting in a flow and Coach sits him down. Sat him down. Now game goes from four points to 10 to 15 to 20. I don't know what they're doing. If he's ready to play, let him play. Don't try and monitor no minutes, put on restrictions."

Lonzo Ball, who missed six games with the injury, finished with 11 points and five assists in 27 minutes in the Lakers' 108-94 loss to Charlotte.

ADVERTISEMENT

Lavar Ball also said he is confident that LeBron James, whom he has never met, will be coming to the Lakers this offseason as a free agent.

"LeBron's coming to L.A. I know he's coming to L.A.," Ball said. "LeBron is not a fool. What's the only way he can beat Jordan? You can't get more championships. Only one way, to say every team I've gone to I've won a championship. Go to Lakers and win a championship, then you're better than Jordan.

"You can't give my son the best player in the league, and don't expect them not to win. Get rid of everybody. Give him LeBron and Gelo [LiAngelo Ball]. You got a 2 and a 3. And it's a win. It's a wrap. Then all you need are two rebounders -- [Julius] Randle and [Larry] Nance Jr."

But even with James, Ball doesn't feel that Walton is the right man to lead the Lakers to a title.

"Even if you bring in a LeBron or a [Paul] George, he can't coach them guys," he said. "What is he gonna tell them? He's too young. He has no control."

haha, hopefully this leads to the lakers imploding even more giving us a top pick
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 11:45:46 AM by Redz »

Re: Lavar ball: "lakers dont want to play for luke walton"
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 10:49:07 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
the implosion of the lakers continues.. at first i wasnt the biggest fan of lavar. now i love him! Hes the best thing to happen to us. hes going to continue causing friction on the lakers, confusing the squad that needs to be loyal to the coach but also needs to be loyal to their point guard lonzo.... who will they choose? what will they do? lol

"Nobody wants to play for him. I can see it. No high-fives when they come out of the game."

"Lonzo looked good, but he also looked disgusted," Ball said. "He was ready to play. Four minutes left in the first quarter, he dunked it, getting in a flow and Coach sits him down. Sat him down. Now game goes from four points to 10 to 15 to 20. I don't know what they're doing. If he's ready to play, let him play. Don't try and monitor no minutes, put on restrictions."

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 10:50:10 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Oh wow what a horrible comment to publicly make hile your kid is play n for that team.

Luke might want knock that dudes teeth out .

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 10:52:46 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I cannot believe Lavar Ball is a cancer to the Lakers from half way around the world

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 10:59:15 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
And many or us here fear d this exact thing .....take Lonzo and you have this money hungry , big mouth clown disrupting the franchise .

Glade that family is on the west coast.

Please stay there.

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 11:04:53 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
GOAT tank commander

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 11:14:40 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Lakers let this happen by not putting their foot down immediately
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 11:14:47 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Oh wow what a horrible comment to publicly make hile your kid is play n for that team.

Luke might want knock that dudes teeth out .

I can imagine it must create friction within the team-mates as well. Having Austin rivers on the clippers is part of the reason suppsedly chris paul left.

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 11:18:51 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
shaddap Lavar...

Lakers need Walton.....  ;D

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2018, 11:21:29 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I can’t imagine being the son of this bloviator and allowing him to continue to talk and make every decision for me.

Poor kid.

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 11:24:44 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I can’t imagine being the son of this bloviator and allowing him to continue to talk and make every decision for me.

Poor kid.

I’d say “punk kid”. He’s a man. He should speak for himself, and stand up to his father.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2018, 11:25:14 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
We haven't been able to trash Lakers this good in 10 years.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2018, 11:42:52 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
This is almost too good to be true. But the Lakers brought this upon themselves by drafting Ball knowing full well that meant dealing with Lavar, too, along with not setting boundaries with him earlier.

You almost feel bad for Lonzo. He seems like a decent enough guy. But on the other hand at his age he should also realize what a joke his father is and what kind of damage he is doing to his career.

Re: Lavar Ball: "Lakers don't want to play for Luke Walton."
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2018, 11:56:59 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I believe some of the criticism against Lavar and his family is unwarranted BUT his comments HERE are unnecessary and not true.

Lakers - when completely healthy - are a competitive team on most nights. But Ingram has been hurt, Lopez and Lonzo have been hurt as well and that has resulted in the losing streak.

Re: Lavar Ball: "Lakers don't want to play for Luke Walton."
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2018, 12:00:32 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I am just loving this drama that Lavar is creating in LA. Keep it going Lavar!!