Author Topic: Celtics (25-16) at Magic (17-24) Game #42 1/12/19  (Read 25134 times)

Re: Celtics (25-16) at Magic (17-24) Game #42 1/12/19
« Reply #300 on: January 12, 2019, 09:54:24 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
This years team is completely 1000% percent unlikable....hate to say it but I enjoyed the isaiah thomas celtics more.

I do agree with this...they are very hard to root for.  A lot of guys just not giving a crap.

« Reply #301 on: January 12, 2019, 09:56:26 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I am not sure that just trading Rozier is going to solve all our problems.  It MIGHT help, but it might help just as much to bench him for a while and play wannamaker as as pass first point guard with the second unit.

I would really like to know what Brad called for that last play.  As someone else said, Kyrie was arguing with Brad during the timeout, and then Kyrie was yelling at Gordon after he passed to Tatum for the last shot.  Is there a chance Brad called that play to go to Tatum and Gordon did exactly as he was supposed to and Kyrie is just p---ed?

Don't see way Kyrie would yell at Gordon if he was just running the play as he was told. It's clear on the replay that Gordon went early, the play barely developed.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #302 on: January 12, 2019, 09:57:24 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
This years team is completely 1000% percent unlikable....hate to say it but I enjoyed the isaiah thomas celtics more.

Welp, that era's over. Time to move on.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #303 on: January 12, 2019, 09:57:58 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

I do agree with this...they are very hard to root for.  A lot of guys just not giving a crap.

it did seem easier to root for the team last year.  It seemed like the young guys were putting more effort in on the def end of the floor and that made them easy to like.  That energy just isn't there from them or most of the team right now.

But I am not sure I would go all the way to unlikable.

« Reply #304 on: January 12, 2019, 09:59:10 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176

Welp, that era's over. Time to move on.

...I am moved on and we made the right move to move on from that era...stating a fact they were more enjoyable to watch then this hot mess

« Reply #305 on: January 12, 2019, 09:59:52 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
I am not sure that just trading Rozier is going to solve all our problems.  It MIGHT help, but it might help just as much to bench him for a while and play wannamaker as as pass first point guard with the second unit.

I would really like to know what Brad called for that last play.  As someone else said, Kyrie was arguing with Brad during the timeout, and then Kyrie was yelling at Gordon after he passed to Tatum for the last shot.  Is there a chance Brad called that play to go to Tatum and Gordon did exactly as he was supposed to and Kyrie is just p---ed?

Don't see way Kyrie would yell at Gordon if he was just running the play as he was told. It's clear on the replay that Gordon went early, the play barely developed.

Yup! When the pass was made, Kyrie was still at half court and he was only just about to make his move/cut. Really hard to believe that CBS would put Kyrie in there and just have him stand at half court.

As soon as GH made the pass, Kyrie threw his arms up like “what are you doing???”
- LilRip

« Reply #306 on: January 12, 2019, 10:02:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Ugh, watching that again Hayward clearly went early there and not what they were drawing up for Kyrie.

Hayward has to be better than that. Tatum was 6 - 15 at that point. Why the F would you go to him there that early??

Just dumb decisions and poor BBIQ killing us all year long it seems like.
Come on Potter! You're such a smart guy and then type something like this. What do you think players do? They see they are going to get the ball so they run to the scorekeeper's table, check the shooting stats of all the rest of his team mates and then decides "well player A and player B aren't shooting well tonight so I am just going to refuse to pass to them".

Wait wait wait - are you arguing that other players don't have a sense of what players are on and what players are off on a given night, even a seasoned vet All-Star with a high BBIQ like Hayward?? Really? Was he not watching the game, too?

If Hayward didn't have an awareness that Tatum was not on tonight, especially with his jumpshot, then shame on him. That's part of the job, especially a leader on the team. They're professional basketball players, for goodness' sake.
6 for 15 is not a horrific shooting night. If he was 7 for 15 then Tatum would have been having an above his average shooting night. Your sense of being really off in shooting is just bad.

And I would never want a player playing with or for me who decides before a play happens who he is not going to pass to. That's just being a horrible team mate and is just god awful team basketball.

I don't blame Hayward for passing to a guy who is a good shooter and wasn't having a bad shooting night. If Stevens wanted the ball in Kyrie's hands, he should have drawn up a play where Kyrie gets the ball immediately, not wait for a while for Kyrie to get open.

« Reply #307 on: January 12, 2019, 10:02:04 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

No. because I refuse to believe Brad is stupid enough to go with Tatum when you have Kyrie on your roster.

Agreed. Watching it again, Kyrie's shoulders shrug as soon as Hayward threw it, so it looks like he was expecting something else.

As for the first part of Blink's message, I'm not sure that I agree. I think one of the youngsters has to go, as there's just not ball to go around for three solid to good youngsters looking to make a name for themselves, and Rozier is the prime target to go given his contract situation, the low likelihood that we can afford him this summer anyways, and the fact that we have Kyrie, who has verbally committed to resign here.

But if Rozier is the guy who we likely won't resign next year, and is most likely to go, who trades for him right now?  The whole league knows where we are at right now. Hard to think we would get much of an offer for him right now.  Who else are we going to trade?  I would still be dead set against trading Brown unless it is for a superstar package.  Morris is having a career season, and we need him right now.  Hayward has negative trade value.  Rozier seems the only option and I just don't see other teams giving up anything.  If that is the case just let him walk this summer.

« Reply #308 on: January 12, 2019, 10:02:46 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo

Yup! When the pass was made, Kyrie was still at half court and he was only just about to make his move/cut. Really hard to believe that CBS would put Kyrie in there and just have him stand at half court.

As soon as GH made the pass, Kyrie threw his arms up like “what are you doing???”

I do think that Tatum was an option buy Kyrie should always get the ball there.

« Reply #309 on: January 12, 2019, 10:03:00 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Hayward's an idiot and Rozier should be traded yesterday.

That is all.

« Reply #310 on: January 12, 2019, 10:05:34 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
 >:(

« Reply #311 on: January 12, 2019, 10:06:38 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

Should've called Danny Ainge to give IT4 the big money.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #312 on: January 12, 2019, 10:09:09 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

And that team was never going to sniff a championship. Part of the problem could be Stevens. He's good at coaching overachieving teams that will make it to the 2nd or 3rd of the playoffs however he's inept at coaching an all-star team.

« Reply #313 on: January 12, 2019, 10:10:05 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Should've called Danny Ainge to give IT4 the big money.

Lol, yup. Bad hip and all.

« Reply #314 on: January 12, 2019, 10:11:57 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo

And that team was never going to sniff a championship. Part of the problem could be Stevens. He's good at coaching overachieving teams that will make it to the 2nd or 3rd of the playoffs however he's inept at coaching an all-star team.

Do you think this team is going to sniff a championship?  Right now they do not look like it.