Author Topic: WOW Interesting interview with the Ball dad on CBS in LA  (Read 6639 times)

WOW Interesting interview with the Ball dad on CBS in LA
« on: March 12, 2017, 07:27:51 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
VERY charismatic fellow.

He said some things that I agree with, but he was not politically correct at all. He mentioned that his kids are in a different situation from folks like Wade, LBJ, KD, not sure if he mentioned MJ, because those players did not have a father in the picture and because of that the teams were able to push their mothers to the side. (That one is not going to go over well). He called out Charles Barkley, basically saying Charles had no place to tell him how to handle his sons when Charles never talks about his children.

He basically says he controls and will control his kids until they are out there making their own living. He says he made them what they are so they owe a lot to him.

Interesting guy, dont know I would want to negotiate with this guy, and I am not talking about contracts either.

Re: WOW Interesting interview with the Ball dad on CBS in LA
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 07:36:47 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Sounds like a complete tool that is simply trying to live vicariously through his sons. Dude has sounded crazy every time I've listened to him.

I want no part of Ball or the baggage that is his father. They seem like LA people through and through, let Magic deal with that nonsense. Give me Fultz, Jackson, or Tatum over Ball any day.

On another note - I've seen people talking a lot about Tatum being a long-term quicker 4 in the NBA similar to Jabari Parker. Is that true? If so, he becomes a lot more intriguing to me due to his potential fit for us.

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 07:38:47 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
What are the odds that the guy gave his kids HGH while they were growing?

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 07:46:29 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
His father is weird and overbearing, but that's been the case with some wildly successful athletes. Tiger Woods and the Williams sisters come immediately to mind. Of course, there's also Todd Maranovich.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 07:49:41 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
His father is weird and overbearing, but that's been the case with some wildly successful athletes. Tiger Woods and the Williams sisters come immediately to mind. Of course, there's also Todd Maranovich.

And the Williams turned out more than fine.

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 08:04:54 PM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
This clown is an attention seeker and I wouldn't want anything to do with is son. If he's this way now BEFORE he starts making money, imagine how he's going to be when the dough starts rolling in! He's a clown and his kids are going to pay somewhere down the line for his ignorance.
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 08:11:30 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Sounds like a complete tool that is simply trying to live vicariously through his sons. Dude has sounded crazy every time I've listened to him.

I want no part of Ball or the baggage that is his father. They seem like LA people through and through, let Magic deal with that nonsense. Give me Fultz, Jackson, or Tatum over Ball any day.

On another note - I've seen people talking a lot about Tatum being a long-term quicker 4 in the NBA similar to Jabari Parker. Is that true? If so, he becomes a lot more intriguing to me due to his potential fit for us.

Yes Potter Tatum is looking world class right now. Not a wow athlete, but a very good athlete.

6'8" smooth hybrid , A mix between Pierce and Joe Johnson, does everything well. Excellent rebounder, good handle, passing ability,  great body with wide shoulders.

Good feel for the game, good passer, 3 point percentage is came on strong recently excellent free throw shooter

Natural scorer perfect compliment to Brown.

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 08:14:51 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Thats absolutely how I see him

Brad would call him a swing.

Tatum is pretty big with a decent wing span and he has plenty of room to add muscle to his frame.

I love his fit next to Jaylen long term.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 08:49:15 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

He basically says he controls and will control his kids until they are out there making their own living. He says he made them what they are so they owe a lot to him.

I mostly agree with this point. I like to think kids are mostly dumb@$$es, and today's generations, I would say most kids are "entitled" to everything. I blame some of that to bad parenting imo.

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 09:23:52 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Yes Potter Tatum is looking world class right now. Not a wow athlete, but a very good athlete.

6'8" smooth hybrid , A mix between Pierce and Joe Johnson, does everything well. Excellent rebounder, good handle, passing ability,  great body with wide shoulders.

He does not play D well all the time but I agree most of the rest except does everything well.   He does most things well.

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 09:30:53 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
and dont forget jimmy piersal and his dad.  :P
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2017, 09:54:02 PM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
Personally I think he's great.

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2017, 12:33:36 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324

A key distinction being that golfers and tennis players aren't part of a team, so their overbearing parents can't cause lots of trouble for an organization.

Ball seems like a really good player, but I don't think I want his dad around the Celtics.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2017, 01:04:55 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
I watched the video and came away with a very different impression.  It seems like the kids love to play ball, with parents that are uber supportive.  Sure he's different than most parents, but I like people who think and act independently and creatively.

Still love Lonzo as a player.

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2017, 01:39:08 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I watched the video and came away with a very different impression.  It seems like the kids love to play ball, with parents that are uber supportive.  Sure he's different than most parents, but I like people who think and act independently and creatively.

Still love Lonzo as a player.

What about this?

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/lavar-746233-hills-chino.html

You gotta admire the guy. He knows what he wants and he is going to make a boat load of it.