Author Topic: Official STM Move-Up Thread: My window opened (and it was nothing-burger)  (Read 2923 times)

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
The fact that I'm writing this post during my upgrade window should tell you what I'm seeing.

I was hoping that enough people didn't like their new seats or the future of the team that things would open up. Sadly, it looked a lot like the past few years.

Keep in mind that I'm in section 9 (corner), so they didn't show me anything on the ends or in the balcony. I don't have a great idea of how those sections looked.

There was almost nothing in the various loge sections between the corners (i.e., Center 6 and the two loges on either side of those). Tickets were toward the back of each section and there were no aisles available. Lots and lots of singles, a few threesomes, maybe 15-20 sets of 2.

The best availability was actually the VIP seats, which are the folding chairs in front of the loges (but not on the floor). Problem is, it was really only corners available, with the second row (Row B) at about $400 per ticket and Row A at about $500 per ticket. It appeared that it would be obstructed views to the same side corner at the far end of the court, but I couldn't tell.

That's it. Not too much else to add, other than that I was disappointed with availability, although I guess I really shouldn't have expected much.

Mike

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
The fact that I'm writing this post during my upgrade window should tell you what I'm seeing.

I was hoping that enough people didn't like their new seats or the future of the team that things would open up. Sadly, it looked a lot like the past few years.

Keep in mind that I'm in section 9 (corner), so they didn't show me anything on the ends or in the balcony. I don't have a great idea of how those sections looked.

There was almost nothing in the various loge sections between the corners (i.e., Center 6 and the two loges on either side of those). Tickets were toward the back of each section and there were no aisles available. Lots and lots of singles, a few threesomes, maybe 15-20 sets of 2.

The best availability was actually the VIP seats, which are the folding chairs in front of the loges (but not on the floor). Problem is, it was really only corners available, with the second row (Row B) at about $400 per ticket and Row A at about $500 per ticket. It appeared that it would be obstructed views to the same side corner at the far end of the court, but I couldn't tell.

That's it. Not too much else to add, other than that I was disappointed with availability, although I guess I really shouldn't have expected much.

Mike

Re: those VIP corners, did it tend to only be the first few rows that had 2 seats for sale?  I sit in the VIP area behind the basket and would like to move to the corner, but I was hoping to jump back into the loge (near the front) or the back of the VIP.  $400 a pop ain't happening. 

My move up date is this Thursday.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker

Mike

Re: those VIP corners, did it tend to only be the first few rows that had 2 seats for sale?  I sit in the VIP area behind the basket and would like to move to the corner, but I was hoping to jump back into the loge (near the front) or the back of the VIP.  $400 a pop ain't happening. 

My move up date is this Thursday.

So the only VIPs that had seats available were the ones that were in the far corners, and the seats were the ones all the way at the far end.

Rows B and C were both about $400 per ticket. Row A was about $500. Yours may be different based on seniority, but I’m guessing it won’t be by much.

Mike

Online jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Just had my upgrade window and per usual am staying put.

There was more then i was expecting to be available in a full season which leads me to believe a lot of people did cancel their tickets. Every section had tickets in the lower bowl, including the center 6 which i've never seen before.

It also looks like every corner loge section, instead of mine (15) were impacted by the renovations. For the others it looked like they were essentially chopped in half (4/9/19) and additions were added to the next sections over (3/10/20). Guess i lucked out there.

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
Just had my upgrade window and per usual am staying put.

There was more then i was expecting to be available in a full season which leads me to believe a lot of people did cancel their tickets. Every section had tickets in the lower bowl, including the center 6 which i've never seen before.

It also looks like every corner loge section, instead of mine (15) were impacted by the renovations. For the others it looked like they were essentially chopped in half (4/9/19) and additions were added to the next sections over (3/10/20). Guess i lucked out there.

I'm guessing that the next time that I move up will be during the next rebuilding period, so I suppose that I should be happy to stay put.

I'm in section 9, so I was affected by the chopping.

Mike

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I moved up from Section 311 to Section 301. Pretty happy that we only went up about $30 per month. I feel similar to Mike, that my next upgrade will be during a rebuild.

Offline Newtonmom1

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 4
Our upgrade window was yesterday (Thursday).  Like jbpats saw the day before, I was surprised at the number of sections with tickets (almost every section), though in many cases they were single seats, or three seats (and the Celtics don't allow you to leave a single empty seat), so a lot of sections showed green, but didn't have anything.

I did end up upgrading, but I have to say it was a frustrating process.  The website took forever, and there were multiple times that I selected seats, but when I attempted to complete the order, it told me that the seats were no longer available. 

At the end of the day, I selected seats in a section I was unfamiliar with, and didn't have time to check the sightlines (fear of losing yet another set of tickets), so I'm hoping I don't regret it...

Final note on the upgrade process - I had a friend who was on the waitlist, and while he was offered seats (his selection window was the 2nd week of March), they were endzone balcony, so he didn't pull the trigger.  Yesterday, the Celtics came back around and offered him the chance to purchase the seats that the Season Ticketholders didn't take/turned in.  Seems like turning down the initial offer was the right thing to do...

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
I'm glad you were able to upgrade. Where did you move to?

Mike