Author Topic: Amir Johnson to Celtics  (Read 72593 times)

Re: Amir Johnson to Celtics
« Reply #180 on: July 01, 2015, 05:49:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I guess Brandon Bass's days are numbered.

It better be. If Danny resigns him, wyc should consider firing him.  CBS want to leave

« Reply #181 on: July 01, 2015, 06:00:13 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
snore

What would you do in Ainge's shoes? You're always very dismissive on all the moves we make, but the Sixers and Hinkie could do no wrong. So it'd be nice for you to provide an alternatve, with some actual names.

"Don't expect any big moves"

*Free agency starts*

"This offseason is boring"

*troll complete*

Edit: I think we can ease up on the accusations of him being a Sixers fan though. He's obviously a Celts fan.

I'm not sure about that. He posts a lot, but is he really a fan of the team or any of it's players?

« Reply #182 on: July 01, 2015, 06:02:08 PM »

Offline Al91

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18

So your justification for this signing is assuming in the future Sully will be hurt and KO will be traded.

Let's say KO is traded and Sully stays healthy Amir will be the 4th big off the bench if Mickey doesn't show potential in the summer league so that would put the minutes at Sully(30), Jerebko(25) Zeller(25), Johnson(16)

So is he worth 12 mil a year for 16 min a game?

I highly doubt he will be getting only 16 minutes a game.
Long-form is far from dead, but please refrain from paragraph-laden posts! Who wants to read that?!

« Reply #183 on: July 01, 2015, 06:03:26 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

So your justification for this signing is assuming in the future Sully will be hurt and KO will be traded.

Let's say KO is traded and Sully stays healthy Amir will be the 4th big off the bench if Mickey doesn't show potential in the summer league so that would put the minutes at Sully(30), Jerebko(25) Zeller(25), Johnson(16)

So is he worth 12 mil a year for 16 min a game?

I highly doubt he will be getting only 16 minutes a game.

Bass played 23 mpg and Johnson can actually play Center too.  He will have minutes available, at least 23.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #184 on: July 01, 2015, 06:04:01 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I don't see what's up with all this salt. He's a solid player, defends and shoots the 3. Isn't that what Stevens wants?

« Reply #185 on: July 01, 2015, 06:04:23 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
We are a bootleg Philly. Same strategy, less top young players. Thank goodness for our "flexibility" though!  ::) So "flexible" with our crowded guard and PF positions. So "flexible" with all our rookies on the roster sitting on the bench.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #186 on: July 01, 2015, 06:06:43 PM »

Offline Al91

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18

It better be. If Danny resigns him, wyc should consider firing him.  CBS want to leave

I've been saying this for awhile but I think it's time Bass makes his way to a bigger contender. He put his work in for the Cs these past what, four-five years? Never had a bad thing to say about him. I'd love to keep him around because he was always solid for us but if he leaves, good luck to him.
Long-form is far from dead, but please refrain from paragraph-laden posts! Who wants to read that?!

« Reply #187 on: July 01, 2015, 06:11:21 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

If Danny re-signs Bass one third of our roster will be PFs.

« Reply #188 on: July 01, 2015, 06:12:43 PM »

Offline YeezusChrist

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Idk how anyone likes this deal it takes up all cap space, takes away minutes from the young bigs who have potential and doesn't make us a better team.

This move just handcuffs us to the 8th seed and we would still have to fight to get that...

« Reply #189 on: July 01, 2015, 06:13:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
DId we seriously just use up 17 mil of our 23 mil in cap space.... for Amir Johnson and Jonas Jerebeko?

Wow

« Reply #190 on: July 01, 2015, 06:13:47 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
This is so painful, we get this bum for $12 a year and the Suns get Tyson Chandler for $14m?

They are not even on the same planet talent wise. :'(

« Reply #191 on: July 01, 2015, 06:15:32 PM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
We are a bootleg Philly. Same strategy, less top young players. Thank goodness for our "flexibility" though!  ::) So "flexible" with our crowded guard and PF positions. So "flexible" with all our rookies on the roster sitting on the bench.

Yeah, hearing quite a bit about "flexibility" today. What position does he play?

« Reply #192 on: July 01, 2015, 06:16:11 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
If rim protection and blocks is all Ainge wanted in the "bridge" year. He should have gone after Biyombo (where is LarBrd33?)Younger. More athletic. Perhaps has potential CHA was unable to tap. And he wouldn't have cost $12 mil!
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #193 on: July 01, 2015, 06:17:53 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
This is so painful, we get this bum for $12 a year and the Suns get Tyson Chandler for $14m?

They are not even on the same planet talent wise. :'(

I think a lot of this was based on the overpay on what is essentially a 1 year deal.  I'm sure the C's probably could have gotten Johnson in the 6-8 million per year range if they were willing to give him the 4 years that Phoenix is giving Chandler.

But much like a few years ago when the Sox signed guys like Victorino, Gomes, and Napoli to lucrative short term deals, the Celtics are overpaying in the short term to maintain financial flexibility in the long term. 

« Reply #194 on: July 01, 2015, 06:20:11 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I love the Amir Johnson signing. I have wanted him to be a Celtic for a few years now.

I imagine he starts at center. Nice upgrade over Bass.