Author Topic: Does NO trade AD now?  (Read 4223 times)

Does NO trade AD now?
« on: May 14, 2019, 08:55:13 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
What happens now?
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

Re: Does NO trade AD now?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 08:57:49 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I think AD stays to be honest. If I had to make odds:

50% he stays
20% to Lakers
15% to Knicks
15% to Celtics
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 09:00:24 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

50% he stays
20% to Lakers
15% to Knicks
15% to Celtics

That was as ugly a break-up as I've seen. Not sure if he can go back IMO they still have to trade him, but what do I know?

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 09:01:02 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Yes, they are going to play the card of we want to hold on to him and convince him to stay is a ploy to get more. AD wants to move on I think that ship has sailed. Now NO can have a package for example of Tatum, Brown, Memphis pick, whoever else to build around Zion for years. I think they take that route.

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 09:01:56 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
If they do, they have a chance to position themselves in the same way the Golden State Warriors did...

meaning, they could trade Zion for the best offer (#4 pick, Ingram, Kuzma, Ball) and position themselves to have cap space to add another couple stars since everyone is on rookie deals.

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 09:02:17 PM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
why would they need  tatum now?  isn't a package of williams, brown, and smart actually a better fit for them now?

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 09:02:33 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Yes, they have to trade him. No way he can continue to play for NO.

This lottery wasn't a total disaster, but it was pretty [dang] close.

Mike

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 09:04:15 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason

50% he stays
20% to Lakers
15% to Knicks
15% to Celtics

That was as ugly a break-up as I've seen. Not sure if he can go back IMO they still have to trade him, but what do I know?

LeBron back to Cavs. Humans aren’t very complicated.

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 09:06:36 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
If they do, they have a chance to position themselves in the same way the Golden State Warriors did...

meaning, they could trade Zion for the best offer (#4 pick, Ingram, Kuzma, Ball) and position themselves to have cap space to add another couple stars since everyone is on rookie deals.
Except that definitely isn't the best trade offer out there, and they already turned them down before. I don't see a reason for them to accept it now.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 09:11:10 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

Except that definitely isn't the best trade offer out there, and they already turned them down before. I don't see a reason for them to accept it now.

Agreed. The new offer includes the #4 pick, which the old one didn't, but this draft may be only 2 or 3 deep.

The lottery did, though, make it more expensive for the Celtics.

Mike

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2019, 09:22:22 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Agreed. The new offer includes the #4 pick, which the old one didn't, but this draft may be only 2 or 3 deep.

Mike
so many people are writing this but i do not see how. please explain.

to me, AD still wants to leave since the relationship with the management is poor and williamson is NOT  going to make NO a contender. he is a rookie and will have growing pains and have to learn the nba. at least a few years away.

AD doesnt want to wait, why should he for rookie?

next, NO may want to rebuild around williamson, so they want players of similar ages and picks. boston still has a very attractive package of players and picks.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2019, 09:26:02 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Bridges have been burned, there is just no way Davis remains in NO despite the presence of Zion.

Just get the best offer and package and move on from the AD saga... It would be extremely risky for them to hold on to AD if he xpresses his desire to wait out the Yr... Plus the distraction it causes of course.

Question now becomes.. Does AD play his cards and pretend he will stay to get the Supermax...

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2019, 09:26:03 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

Mike

to me, AD still wants to leave since the relationship with the management is poor and williamson is NOT  going to make NO a contender. he is a rookie and will have growing pains and have to learn the nba. at least a few years away.

next, NO may want to rebuild around williamson, so they want players of similar ages and picks. boston still has a very attractive package of players and picks.

Agree.

Celts still have the most attractive assets.

Davis is not staying in Orleans for a rebuild.

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2019, 09:28:48 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Mike

Agree.

Celts still have the most attractive assets.

Davis is not staying in Orleans for a rebuild.

Celts do not have the most attractive. New York still does. Their draft picks are stronger than ours this year and future years plus Mitchell Robinson and Dennis Jr... if NY wants him and he fits the cap bill he will be in NY

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2019, 09:29:31 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
(a) I don't think so

and

(b) Even if they do, the Lakers now have a much stronger offer, perhaps stronger than the Celts
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain