Author Topic: Bobcats (28-42) at Celtics (50-20) 3/25  (Read 57895 times)

Re: Bobcats (28-42) at Celtics (50-20) 3/25
« Reply #270 on: March 25, 2011, 10:10:43 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
The important part is....were they classy?

« Reply #271 on: March 25, 2011, 10:10:50 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
Would Rondo be tradeable at this point if KG and Pierce retire after this year?  I believe he has been a huge locker room problem since the trade.

lol what? Any evidence of that?

« Reply #272 on: March 25, 2011, 10:11:09 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
The chemistry of this team is all messed up right now.  But here's news for everyone.  Even if they hadn't made the Perkins trade this would have happened.  People forget how pathetic their bench was the month before the trade.  Unfortunately it looks like the trade didn't work but things starting going south when Marquis got hurt.  That messed everything else up.

Big 3 are tired.  Rondo and BBD are playing horribly and they're getting nothing out of their new guys.  That's the recipe for all this garbage.

The Perk trade has nothing to do with the rest of the trades. The rest of the trades were fine. We could have gotten Green without giving up Perk.

« Reply #273 on: March 25, 2011, 10:11:29 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
This was lost when DWest got hurt and RR came in to not run the offense.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #274 on: March 25, 2011, 10:11:32 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
all I can say at this point after the watching this team the past month or so is: where is the professional pride on this team?  how does a team with 4 all-stars (3 of which are most likely HOF'ers) not come out with a determination to beat inferior teams?  I don't get it. 

Perhaps I'm spoiled by having started out following the C's in Bird's rookie year and watching a player and team determined to win and play smart basketball to close out games for wins.  This team is just disappointing to watch.  Even the crappy teams prior to the big trades at least played hard every night and TRIED to win.  they usually lost but I didn't feel cheated by them even in losses because saw that the tried and wanted to win.  This current group of players, not so much the past couple of years.

« Reply #275 on: March 25, 2011, 10:11:35 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25613
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The worst part about all of this...is that we were a championship team this season. We were ready to go all the way. Trophy? Probably had our name engraved in it already. No one could beat us in a 7 game series and everyone knew it..

And now this. If we sucked this bad all season I wouldn't even be upset right now. But the dismantling of this team and the fall from grace...is really just hard to swallow.

I need several drinks.

I feel the same way.  I know it sounds irrational -- Perk was injured, and wasn't a star -- but I really do think Danny's tinkering killed this team.

However, after last year's Finals run, I'm not closing the door on any possible ending to this season.  We could get swept in the first round, or we could cruise to the Finals.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #276 on: March 25, 2011, 10:12:29 PM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
I don't have any confidence we can even get past Miami or Orlando at this rate, let alone Chicago.

We traded Perk because we needed a back-up 3 to guard LeBrick (which almost never happens, but anyway).

We don't even know if we'll face Miami. Plus, I'd rather take my chances with Wafer backing up Pierce for a few minutes rather than this joke of a team that can't defend anything (or score anything, because our chemistry is shot).

The best trades are the ones you don't make. DANNY.

« Reply #277 on: March 25, 2011, 10:12:55 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Once again I am finding myself watching the Celtics in March / April thinking that this team does not deserve a championship.

Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

What's your point?

The '08 team had heart, played hard every night, and had the energy and the talent to defeat the bad teams almost all of the time.

The '10 team slogged through the regular season and stumbled to a 4th seed, then played much, much better in the post-season.  Ultimately, however, they didn't have enough energy to keep winning without HCA all the way through the finals, and they lost in LA. 

What, am I supposed to take heart in the idea that maybe we'll make another deep run and lose cause we ran out of energy on the road again?  Is that supposed to be comforting when it could have been otherwise, if this team could just stay focused through the last month and a half?

I'm getting confused here: What do the last six weeks of the RS have to do with how we fare in the postseason? You watched us last year, you know what we're capable of. Plus, Doc is resting people. We'll be OK.

« Reply #278 on: March 25, 2011, 10:12:57 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Not sure if Perk would've helped tonight.

For this game, they need to look no further than the mirror.
Right. Perk's not in it.

C'mon now...Perk is gone.

Celts should've won this game regardless. We can't keep referencing Perk.

He is not coming back.

What he have now is what we will go into battle with in June, and I'm confident with this team, especially once Shaq and JO gets back.

They obviously have some internal issues, and it's beyond Perk.

« Reply #279 on: March 25, 2011, 10:13:06 PM »

Offline YouCantHandleTheTruth!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
This is not a team anymore, it's just a bunch of guys.

Last year they could rely on an identity trusting themselves what they were capable of, now it's like watching a nice bottle of fine wine, completely empty.

The trade destroyed the team, maybe it's true; but these guys get millions not to make fans feel embarassed and spoiled like I feel now.

Let's get ready for a painful, first round, embarassing exit.
The Celtic in me.

« Reply #280 on: March 25, 2011, 10:13:35 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
The chemistry of this team is all messed up right now.  But here's news for everyone.  Even if they hadn't made the Perkins trade this would have happened.  People forget how pathetic their bench was the month before the trade.  Unfortunately it looks like the trade didn't work but things starting going south when Marquis got hurt.  That messed everything else up.

Big 3 are tired.  Rondo and BBD are playing horribly and they're getting nothing out of their new guys.  That's the recipe for all this garbage.

Pretty much.  This team is seriously flawed and frankly too old.  That would be the case whether or not we had made the trade.  It's easy to scapegoat Nenad and say things would be different if we had Perk, but I seriously doubt it.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #281 on: March 25, 2011, 10:14:00 PM »

Offline Errn

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9
We either have the worst bench in the league. Or we're playing a starters a bunch because they aren't practicing.

« Reply #282 on: March 25, 2011, 10:14:43 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
The chemistry of this team is all messed up right now.  But here's news for everyone.  Even if they hadn't made the Perkins trade this would have happened.  People forget how pathetic their bench was the month before the trade.  Unfortunately it looks like the trade didn't work but things starting going south when Marquis got hurt.  That messed everything else up.

Big 3 are tired.  Rondo and BBD are playing horribly and they're getting nothing out of their new guys.  That's the recipe for all this garbage.
pretty fair and accurate assessment of the situation.  the big question is can they get it together before digging themselves another huge hole?  I'm not so sure this year.

« Reply #283 on: March 25, 2011, 10:14:50 PM »

Offline houseonfire09

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • Thank you Eddie!
Would Rondo be tradeable at this point if KG and Pierce retire after this year?  I believe he has been a huge locker room problem since the trade.

lol what? Any evidence of that?

Not really, it just feels like he hasn't been the same ever since.
"If David Stern ran the NHL, is there any chance his meal ticket's team would blow a Game 7 in Round 1? Put a pair of skates on Dick Bavetta!" -Bill Simmons

« Reply #284 on: March 25, 2011, 10:15:29 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Once again I am finding myself watching the Celtics in March / April thinking that this team does not deserve a championship.

What's your point?

The '08 team had heart, played hard every night, and had the energy and the talent to defeat the bad teams almost all of the time.

The '10 team slogged through the regular season and stumbled to a 4th seed, then played much, much better in the post-season.  Ultimately, however, they didn't have enough energy to keep winning without HCA all the way through the finals, and they lost in LA. 

What, am I supposed to take heart in the idea that maybe we'll make another deep run and lose cause we ran out of energy on the road again?  Is that supposed to be comforting when it could have been otherwise, if this team could just stay focused through the last month and a half?

I'm getting confused here: What do the last six weeks of the RS have to do with how we fare in the postseason? You watched us last year, you know what we're capable of. Plus, Doc is resting people. We'll be OK.

We lost last year in large part because we had to be on the road after the first round.  The team tired themselves out playing without home court advantage and ultimately lost a game 6 and 7 on the opponent's home court.

The last few weeks of this regular season are ensuring that we will face the same issue in this post-season.

See why I'm frustrated?

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers