Author Topic: Cavaliers (9-21) at Celtics (21-7) Game #29 12/27/19  (Read 13428 times)

Re: Cavaliers (9-21) at Celtics (21-7) Game #29 12/27/19
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2019, 06:19:33 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Nice to see a garbage time win against the Cavs!
- LilRip

« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2019, 06:20:13 PM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
Nice to see a garbage time win against the Cavs!
It's always garbage time when we play against the Cavs ;D

« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2019, 06:21:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
This Celtics team is legit. They’re title contenders as is. They don’t need more or different bigs

When I see them beat the 76ers, I will feel more confident.
Lol...yeah, until they beat Philly. Then it will be

When I see them beat the 76ers in the playoffs, I will feel more confident.

Then when they beat Philly in the playoffs it will be

When I see them beat the Bucks in the playoffs, I will feel more confident.

Then when they do that it will be

When I see them win the title, I will feel more confident.

Yeah Celtics!!! You're great!!! I KNEW IT ALL ALONG, SO GLAD I SPENT THE YEAR SUPPORTING YOU!!!

LOL!

« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2019, 06:49:32 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Solid win.
Tatum/Brown continue to show they are the future of the NBA

Pleased with Kanters contributions as well, in fact I think he and Theiss are good enough where people need to stop freaking out about our center situation.

Third best record in NBA folks!

TPs all around!!

I think our biggest need is someone who can explode from the bench, someone like Barbosa/house. When 2 of our main 4 arent scoring well you need someone to step up against good teams.

« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2019, 06:50:05 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Solid win.

Pleased with Kanters contributions as well, in fact I think he and Theiss are good enough where people need to stop freaking out about our center situation.

TPs all around!!

I think our biggest need is someone who can explode from the bench, someone like Barbosa/house. When 2 of our main 4 arent scoring well you need someone to step up against good teams.

[dang], I miss the Brazilian Blur
I'm bitter.

« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2019, 06:59:15 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
This Celtics team is legit. They’re title contenders as is. They don’t need more or different bigs

Yeah Celtics!!! You're great!!! I KNEW IT ALL ALONG, SO GLAD I SPENT THE YEAR SUPPORTING YOU!!!

LOL!
a very articulate and accurate post nick. tp.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2019, 07:10:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Solid win.

TPs all around!!

Yeah, but logic dictates that if two of your top 4 players aren't scoring well, that means that 2 of your top 4 scorers are scoring well. And usually are making up for the two guys that aren't scoring well, especially when your top 4 scorers average 23, 22, 21, and 17 PPG.

Then add on the consistent double double that Kanter seems to be able to put up in limited minutes, Theis' and Smart's offensive contributions and, I really do not think we need an explosive bench guy. Your top 4 players are so good offensively, they really are that explosive guy you need. In the meantime, develop a guy like Langford to be that bench scorer.

Celtics really do have a wealth of riches. One of the very best offensive and defensive teams in the league. Lost only one game convincingly and had chances to win the other 6. They have been doing it while missing

Brown 3 games
Theis 3 games
Kanter 7 games
Smart  9 games
Hayward 16 games.

22-7 now, 3rd best in league with 2nd best margin of victory, the longest current winning streak(5 games) and tied with the best record over the last 11 games(9-2).

Oh, and they are the youngest team in the league and will most likely have a lottery pick either this year or next.

« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2019, 07:15:56 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

LOL!
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #83 on: December 27, 2019, 07:23:16 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
So it goes without saying that Tatum and Brown have to be the youngest duo to ever score a combined 64 or more points in a game in Celtic history, right?

« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2019, 07:29:47 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
Solid win.

TPs all around!!

Yeah, but logic dictates that if two of your top 4 players aren't scoring well, that means that 2 of your top 4 scorers are scoring well. And usually are making up for the two guys that aren't scoring well, especially when your top 4 scorers average 23, 22, 21, and 17 PPG.

Then add on the consistent double double that Kanter seems to be able to put up in limited minutes, Theis' and Smart's offensive contributions and, I really do not think we need an explosive bench guy. Your top 4 players are so good offensively, they really are that explosive guy you need. In the meantime, develop a guy like Langford to be that bench scorer.

Celtics really do have a wealth of riches. One of the very best offensive and defensive teams in the league. Lost only one game convincingly and had chances to win the other 6. They have been doing it while missing

Brown 3 games
Theis 3 games
Kanter 7 games
Smart  9 games
Hayward 16 games.

22-7 now, 3rd best in league with 2nd best margin of victory, the longest current winning streak(5 games) and tied with the best record over the last 11 games(9-2).

Oh, and they are the youngest team in the league and will most likely have a lottery pick either this year or next.

Yeah I dont think 2 is enough against some teams though. Most teams its fine. Its especially a problem if Tatum is one of the guys whos not scoring well, because most likely he has taken a lot of shots and is taking opportunities away from guys who are playing well. With Brown or Hayward, its not that much of a problem because both are willing to take a seat back when they dont have it.

Also Langford and Edwards as I mentioned in some other threads could be this guy but not this year at least.

« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2019, 08:12:44 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
why  didnt anyone say that is was an early game? lol

GO CELTICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2019, 08:36:04 PM »

Offline G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 97
What channel is the game being broadcast?  I got the Sixers on NBA TV

« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2019, 08:39:55 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
What channel is the game being broadcast?  I got the Sixers on NBA TV

GAME IS OVER

« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2019, 08:45:10 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1674
Solid win.

TPs all around!!

It’s worth noting that our defense is still performing well statistically when Kanter is on the court.  That doesn’t suggest that Kanter has turned into Gobert, by any stretch... but it does suggest that his negative impact is perhaps a bit overblown.  Also, Brad is doing a very good job managing him - playing him against good matchups and surrounding him with teammates who can cover him as much as possible.

« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2019, 09:55:57 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
Solid win.

TPs all around!!

It’s worth noting that our defense is still performing well statistically when Kanter is on the court.  That doesn’t suggest that Kanter has turned into Gobert, by any stretch... but it does suggest that his negative impact is perhaps a bit overblown.  Also, Brad is doing a very good job managing him - playing him against good matchups and surrounding him with teammates who can cover him as much as possible.

Yeah, Brad has done an amazing job of knowing when to put Kanter on the floor.