Author Topic: 24-5-4  (Read 14369 times)

Re: 24-5-4
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2008, 03:07:36 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
That's the Bruins record as of today.  They're first in the Eastern Conference, and second in the NHL in points.  Phil Kessel has 14 goals and 28 points in the past 18 games (and ranks 3rd in the NHL in goals), Marc Savard is 5th in the NHL in points, and Tim Thomas and Manny Fernandez are both dominating in goal.  Pretty much, the team is on fire...

... and yet, nobody is talking about them.  Is the NHL really that much of a forgotten sport?  Will the city be excited about the Bruins if they carry their play into the playoffs?

People are talking about them, just not here. Judging from past threads there are like 5 hockey fans on this forum.

The team is playing outstanding, and they have depth too which is nice for a change. That 3rd line of Wheeler-Krejci-Ryder is as good as its gonna get in the NHL. They're physical and don't take any **** on the ice. It's a refreshing change.

Tough to see Bergeron go down again, gotta feel bad for him. Hopefully he won't struggle with this through his career like Eric Lindros had too.

Maybe we should have a fixed Bruins thread for season/playoffs discussion.

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2008, 03:16:47 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
24-5-4

I thought Roy had the wrong line to that old Chicago song
Yup

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2008, 03:34:59 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
It's called Bruins.....

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2008, 03:37:14 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
It's called Bruins.....

Worst slogan ever?

Especially when they sucked that year.
Yup

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2008, 03:46:20 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Go Habs Go.

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2008, 03:55:07 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
24-5-4

I thought Roy had the wrong line to that old Chicago song

Which song are we talkin about?

"I used to work in Chicago, in an old department store. I used to work in Chicago...I don't work there anymore!"

Man, just let me tell you about the time a lady came into the store looking for a bannister.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2008, 04:04:16 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
I've been talking about My beloved B's, just not on here.  (usually the treads are full of "there's still a hockey team in Boston?", and "What's hockey?", etc.) 

It's great to see Phill the Thrill Kessel bust out this season.  Ryder is looking like a great pick up (it's just something about him playing for Cloude Jullian). 

Gotta hope they can survive all of these injuries though.  They are really starting to pile up. The kids they have brought up have played very well, Hunwick especially, but at some point they are gonna run out of depth. 

The attendance started out slow as no one thought they would be this good. Well, most people, I thought they were gonna be good.  Plus they were playing at the same time as the Sox and the Pats.  Lately they have had big crowds though and they should get regular sell outs the rest of the way.   

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2008, 04:21:00 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I actually tried watching the end of the game last night and found myself more interested in the Futurama 2 hour movie.  I'm trying, I really am.  They're good.  They play hard.  They have bruisers, speedsters, and a good goalie. 

I still think its going to take a good playoff run to get me committed again.

I was annoyed when this anonymously labeled thread turned out to be about the Bruins (the hockey ones). Then the mention of the Futurama movie made my perusal worthwhile. How was the movie?

I hope the Bruins stink it up in the playoffs. I don't want competition for attention or duckboats.

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2008, 04:22:42 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
The Bruins are like the Atlanta Hawks of the NHL.
And the NHL is the Atlanta Hawks of team sports.

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2008, 04:24:57 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
I actually tried watching the end of the game last night and found myself more interested in the Futurama 2 hour movie.  I'm trying, I really am.  They're good.  They play hard.  They have bruisers, speedsters, and a good goalie. 

I still think its going to take a good playoff run to get me committed again.

I was annoyed when this anonymously labeled thread turned out to be about the Bruins (the hockey ones). Then the mention of the Futurama movie made my perusal worthwhile. How was the movie?

I hope the Bruins stink it up in the playoffs. I don't want competition for attention or duckboats.

I only caught the first half (Tivo'd the rest).  It was pretty amusing.

Is the first new Futurama in a few years or did they start?
Yup

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2008, 04:26:34 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

This was deep. ;D TP.

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2008, 04:27:05 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Oh come on!  Give em the Knicks at least (a long storied franchise who had it's period of greatness, went through a period of horrible embarrassment, and is now trying to pick itself back up to respectability)
Yup

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2009, 09:57:04 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
They're now 29-5-4, have won 10 in a row, and lead the NHL in points.  All of a sudden, they're looking like the most likely team in the city of Boston to win a championship this year. ;)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2009, 11:00:06 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
They're now 29-5-4, have won 10 in a row, and lead the NHL in points.  All of a sudden, they're looking like the most likely team in the city of Boston to win a championship this year. ;)
I have to admit, I watched the entire Penguins game the other day and on the road against one of the better teams in the league and playing against the league MVP, they dominated. I mean the game wasn't even close they smacked the Penguins around, controlled the attack killed penalties like they had no man disadvantage and just were easily the best team that afternoon.

I now know the names Thomas, Lucic, Kessel and Savard and I think I might be watching them a bit more often. I really liked they way they played hockey. It was as close to the brand of Big Bad Bruins hockey as I can remember. They hit you hard, I mean real hard, but have the passing and shooting and defending skills to beat you in a wide open game as well.

I might have to become a Bruins Bandwagoner.

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2009, 01:09:16 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
So far they've caught me to the point that I will stop and check out the game if I flip by and they're on (and I'll keep checking on the game over the course of the night).  When I reach the point that I'm actually looking at their schedule to see when they're playing so I can make sure I don't miss a game, then I'll know I'm truly back in biz as a B's fan.

Until then, I'll keep an eye on them and be pumped up for some playoff hockey when it comes.
Yup