Author Topic: NBA Season 2022-23  (Read 298430 times)

Re: NBA Season 2022-23
« Reply #840 on: December 02, 2022, 11:29:52 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1558
Impressive win by the Lakers. I wonder what trades they’re looking at. They can be a tough out when healthy.
rumor is Westbrook and both 1st's for DeRozan and Vucevic.  That is perhaps why they waived Ryan when they did.

I have a hard time believing the Bulls can't do better for either one of them, never mind both.
Lakers will be mich more locked into the old roster without a good way to get better, so those picks have to be considered pretty solid picks.  You may be right,, but cap space and valuable picks aren't terrible.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #841 on: December 02, 2022, 11:31:10 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Impressive win by the Lakers. I wonder what trades they’re looking at. They can be a tough out when healthy.
rumor is Westbrook and both 1st's for DeRozan and Vucevic.  That is perhaps why they waived Ryan when they did.

I have a hard time believing the Bulls can't do better for either one of them, never mind both.
Lakers will be mich more locked into the old roster without a good way to get better, so those picks have to be considered pretty solid picks.  You may be right,, but cap space and valuable picks aren't terrible.
but that's not nearly enough for either Derozan nor Vuc, never mind both

« Reply #842 on: December 02, 2022, 11:34:40 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2421

Expiring and two distant 1sts sounds like good value for DeRozan and Vucevic to me. I don't think either one of those guys has much trade value at this point. Nobody is building around either one of those guys. Only contenders will give up value for them given their age.

Both of those guys have a lot of empty stats type value to their production meaning actual impact is less than box scores suggest. Combine with age, salary and lack of trade market.

If I am Chicago, I am very very happy to get that offer from LAL.

« Reply #843 on: December 03, 2022, 06:59:25 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 417
Hope Bulls don’t make that trade, it will put Lakers in top 3 in West
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #844 on: December 03, 2022, 09:17:04 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

Expiring and two distant 1sts sounds like good value for DeRozan and Vucevic to me. I don't think either one of those guys has much trade value at this point. Nobody is building around either one of those guys. Only contenders will give up value for them given their age.

Both of those guys have a lot of empty stats type value to their production meaning actual impact is less than box scores suggest. Combine with age, salary and lack of trade market.

If I am Chicago, I am very very happy to get that offer from LAL.

Clearing 100% of their salaries is a type of value.

Chicago could look for more, but they probably don't want more. Better to get into the bottom 4.  They need at least one foundational player, and might as well do as badly as possible until they get one.

« Reply #845 on: December 03, 2022, 09:22:02 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25613
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Ha.  It makes my Drummond + Green for two #2s deal seem pretty sensible.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #846 on: December 03, 2022, 09:47:24 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 991
The Bulls pick is only Top-4 protected this year, so tanking would likely see them sending a lottery pick to Orlando unless they get lucky and jump in the lottery.  I don’t see them making this trade until they know Lonzo isn’t coming back.

« Reply #847 on: December 03, 2022, 12:15:24 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Hope Bulls don’t make that trade, it will put Lakers in top 3 in West
I doubt it.

There are still a lot of issues between LeBron (ball dominant playmaker) and DeRozan (midrange iso player non floor spacer).

Then there is Vucevic whose slow feet put pressure on the rest of the defense. Will he get enough touches & shot attempts on offense to make up for his slow footed defense?

And where does AD fit in? Can they keep the amount of shot attempts he needs while LeBron and DeRozan take theirs? While Vucevic looks to get in on the action?

Looks more like a 45-50 win to me. Individual pieces that are imppressive but ultimately pieces that do not fit well together. Not as bad as Westbrook & LeBron but still bad. A good team but not a contender.

« Reply #848 on: December 03, 2022, 12:21:01 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I'd prefer the Myles Turner package to the DeRozan one. I'd rather have the floor spacing big man who aids my defense and doesn't need too many touches.

Then you have Hield vs Vucevic. The two guard who doesn't play D or the big man who doesn't play D. Not far apart from each other.

Lakers need teamwork type players more than stars. Myles Turner can be that glue guy. DeRozan cannot. Vucevic and Hield cannot.

With AD and LeBron, LA has two major stars. They got guys who can do a lot with the ball in their hands. They need guys who can play off of them and make a team a team. Not just a bunch of guys wearing the same shirt.

DeRozan cannot do that for them. He can do that for bad teams with no go-to guy but not for good teams where he has to take a secondary or tertiary role. Vucevic can on offense (if he gets enough touches) but not defense. And he can only get those touches on offense at the expense of AD.

Myles Turner is the one guy in the 4 that actually fits a team with two mega-stars like LeBron and AD who need a huge amount of the offense run through them. He is a two-way player who makes LA better on both ends. He improves their floor spacing. He improves their defense. He gives them a twin shot-blocker / defensive anchor alignment with AD. Turner is the guy.

Vucevic and DeRozan are just aging stars who don't fit. Yeah, you'd rather have them than not have them but they are not a solution to the problem you have. 

« Reply #849 on: December 03, 2022, 12:32:32 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2544
I'd prefer the Myles Turner package to the DeRozan one. I'd rather have the floor spacing big man who aids my defense and doesn't need too many touches.

Then you have Hield vs Vucevic. The two guard who doesn't play D or the big man who doesn't play D. Not far apart from each other.

Lakers need teamwork type players more than stars. Myles Turner can be that glue guy. DeRozan cannot. Vucevic and Hield cannot.

With AD and LeBron, LA has two major stars. They got guys who can do a lot with the ball in their hands. They need guys who can play off of them and make a team a team. Not just a bunch of guys wearing the same shirt.

DeRozan cannot do that for them. He can do that for bad teams with no go-to guy but not for good teams where he has to take a secondary or tertiary role. Vucevic can on offense (if he gets enough touches) but not defense. And he can only get those touches on offense at the expense of AD.

Myles Turner is the one guy in the 4 that actually fits a team with two mega-stars like LeBron and AD who need a huge amount of the offense run through them. He is a two-way player who makes LA better on both ends. He improves their floor spacing. He improves their defense. He gives them a twin shot-blocker / defensive anchor alignment with AD. Turner is the guy.

Vucevic and DeRozan are just aging stars who don't fit. Yeah, you'd rather have them than not have them but they are not a solution to the problem you have.

Well in that case I hope they don’t get Myles Turner. 

« Reply #850 on: December 03, 2022, 05:04:16 PM »

Online RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
Did the Lakers play well or did the bucks play poorly?  I know AD had a big night.

« Reply #851 on: December 03, 2022, 05:17:13 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008
Did the Lakers play well or did the bucks play poorly?  I know AD had a big night.

Looked like a combination of both teams played well based from the statline...Middleton's debut had 17/7, Giannis 40 pts, Jrue with 28/6/9. Portis off the bench had 15/10

Lakers' Big 3 AD had some Chamberlain numbers 44/10, LeBron with 28 pts 11 asts, and Westbrook 15 pts 11 asts.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #852 on: December 04, 2022, 05:33:55 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3020
  • On To Banner 18!
Lol the Suns are up 42 on the Spurs and the 3rd quarter just started...
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #853 on: December 04, 2022, 05:45:17 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2717

« Reply #854 on: December 04, 2022, 08:09:37 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 879
  • GOT IT!!!
Anthony Davis is playing out of his mind.