Author Topic: NBA Season 2022-23  (Read 293985 times)

Re: NBA Season 2022-23
« Reply #960 on: December 13, 2022, 04:34:20 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Quote from: Shams
Multiple league sources said the Suns recently engaged in three-team talks that would have sent Crowder to Milwaukee, four Bucks second-round draft picks along with players to Houston, and Eric Gordon and/or Kenyon Martin Jr. to Phoenix. The hold up in the potential three-teamer was that the Rockets are coveting one first-round pick for Gordon, and for Martin a very good first-rounder, not a batch of second-rounders, according to sources. The Rockets have had interest in Gordon from several contending teams, sources said, but appear less willing to entertain the topic of Martin.

Other publications have suggested that Crowder was "nearly traded", on "the verge of being traded", etc.  From the above report, that doesn't sound like a trade was all that close.
why would anyone give up a 1st round pick for Gordon.  I'm not even sure anyone would give up a 1st rounder for Martin, but that is at least arguable.
have to agree with that assessment.  can't see Gordon fenching a first.  Martin either for that matter

« Reply #961 on: December 13, 2022, 05:26:22 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
Multiple league sources said the Suns recently engaged in three-team talks that would have sent Crowder to Milwaukee, four Bucks second-round draft picks along with players to Houston, and Eric Gordon and/or Kenyon Martin Jr. to Phoenix. The hold up in the potential three-teamer was that the Rockets are coveting one first-round pick for Gordon, and for Martin a very good first-rounder, not a batch of second-rounders, according to sources. The Rockets have had interest in Gordon from several contending teams, sources said, but appear less willing to entertain the topic of Martin.

Other publications have suggested that Crowder was "nearly traded", on "the verge of being traded", etc.  From the above report, that doesn't sound like a trade was all that close.
why would anyone give up a 1st round pick for Gordon.  I'm not even sure anyone would give up a 1st rounder for Martin, but that is at least arguable.

For MIL, it would be a first round pick for Crowder.  That isn't a bad deal for them.  It will probably be pick 28 or 29.  Those late firsts are often viewed as less value than early seconds due to the guaranteed contracts.  I guess Crowder is just a rental so maybe that is steep but he might help them quite a bit.  How does MIL take in Crowder ($10.2M) without sending something out?

Phoenix would get Gordon for Crowder, that is fair.  And if they want Martin too, they have to throw in a first.  This all sounds reasonable by may just be speculation by some one.

« Reply #962 on: December 13, 2022, 06:05:59 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Spurs have signed Stanley Johnson.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #963 on: December 13, 2022, 07:36:22 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!

« Reply #964 on: December 13, 2022, 07:43:50 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

For MIL, it would be a first round pick for Crowder.  That isn't a bad deal for them.  It will probably be pick 28 or 29.  Those late firsts are often viewed as less value than early seconds due to the guaranteed contracts.  I guess Crowder is just a rental so maybe that is steep but he might help them quite a bit.  How does MIL take in Crowder ($10.2M) without sending something out?

Phoenix would get Gordon for Crowder, that is fair.  And if they want Martin too, they have to throw in a first.  This all sounds reasonable by may just be speculation by some one.

Great, another player with on-court anger problems who's injured Celtics players (Hayward) coming in-conference. Between Giannis, Lowry, and Draymond trying to intentionally hurt people last year, I didn't think Grant or Tatum would make it out of the playoffs without needing plastic surgery to look the same.

« Reply #965 on: December 13, 2022, 08:25:41 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
Bucks play big against GS. Gotta love matchups.

« Reply #966 on: December 13, 2022, 08:38:12 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!

« Reply #967 on: December 13, 2022, 08:47:13 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Looks like Klay’s shooting is really back.

« Reply #968 on: December 13, 2022, 09:13:12 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Tons of whining in Bucks/ Warriors...

« Reply #969 on: December 13, 2022, 09:13:15 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
These refs are out of control with these T’s.

« Reply #970 on: December 13, 2022, 09:14:44 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140

Playing in the Bucks style gives teams the best shot at beating the Warriors.

As great and versatile as our C’s are, no team will out-finesse the Warriors. GSW has to be hustled to death; offensive rebounding for multiple attempts, getting out in transition often, getting back in transition, and attacking their guards.

Giannis pushes the ball on every possession, Connaughton crashes the boards especially when guarded by Steph, they get right back on defense, face guard Curry, make him guard the ball at least once on every possession, and keep a double big lineup. The Grizz have plenty of success against the Warriors with that same spproach.

We have the personnel to do it, but there has to be a change of approach and only they can make it happen.

« Reply #971 on: December 13, 2022, 09:34:31 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!

Playing in the Bucks style gives teams the best shot at beating the Warriors.

As great and versatile as our C’s are, no team will out-finesse the Warriors. GSW has to be hustled to death; offensive rebounding for multiple attempts, getting out in transition often, getting back in transition, and attacking their guards.

Giannis pushes the ball on every possession, Connaughton crashes the boards especially when guarded by Steph, they get right back on defense, face guard Curry, make him guard the ball at least once on every possession, and keep a double big lineup. The Grizz have plenty of success against the Warriors with that same spproach.

We have the personnel to do it, but there has to be a change of approach and only they can make it happen.

I agree. That’s the one thing I do not like about the scheme against them. C’s should be dictating the pace much more than they do against them. Trying to outscore them more so than make them beat you straight up. Miami does that to the C’s and it’s the only way they can keep it close the majority of the time.

« Reply #972 on: December 14, 2022, 08:17:57 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Per league sources, the Pistons have answered calls and had discussions about Bey, the third-year forward who has had an up-and-down season. The sense I’ve received when talking to people around the league is that the 23-year-old may be gettable at the right price, though the “right price” is unclear.
Source: James L. Edwards III @ The Athletic

I'd be curious what the "right price" is, as well.  I think Bey would be interesting as a wing off the bench.  He's also got a reasonable salary.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #973 on: December 14, 2022, 08:19:39 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Per league sources, the Pistons have answered calls and had discussions about Bey, the third-year forward who has had an up-and-down season. The sense I’ve received when talking to people around the league is that the 23-year-old may be gettable at the right price, though the “right price” is unclear.
Source: James L. Edwards III @ The Athletic

I'd be curious what the "right price" is, as well.  I think Bey would be interesting as a wing off the bench.  He's also got a reasonable salary.
He was who I wanted us to draft. He's been struggling from deep this season, but I would love to nab him
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #974 on: December 14, 2022, 08:25:52 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I mean if the right price is Boston's 1st round pick in 2025 with maybe a top 4 protection or something, I'd probably do that for Bey (and he should fit into a trade exception), but Boston is a bit restricted in what it can do since it can't trade a 1st rounder in 23 or 24.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip