Author Topic: Gabe Pruitt on Bad Girls Club  (Read 8361 times)

Gabe Pruitt on Bad Girls Club
« on: January 08, 2010, 06:31:22 PM »

Offline DoubleDip

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
My brother found this today on some website and I figured I'd share it here with anyone who wants some not so fond memories of our old friend Gabe Pruitt. Apparently he is friend's with one of the girl's on this show and the ensuing happens. Language isn't great but it's a tv show so they bleep it out.

This link explains the rest, along with Gabe's twitter reaction. All I can think of is combine this with the DUI during the west coast road trip and there's a reason the Celtics weren't too worried about giving up on him.

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2010/01/07/gabe-pruitt-gets-his-mack-daddy-vibe-on-in-bad-girls-club-then-denies-it-on-twitter/

Re: Gabe Pruitt on Bad Girls Club
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 06:38:14 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
I feel stupider just watching that. I guess Gabe knew his "fame" would be fleeting and wanted to act like a star for the short time he could. I wonder how many girls are interested in courtside for the LA Defenders.....

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 06:47:15 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
You know, this is exactly where I'd probably say something like that "don't they all do this?"

Then I had to ask myself "do what? Go on a TV show to hook up with (with all due respect) a trashy chick?"

I dunno, no one's saying Gabe's a star, but I thought he could do better than this, both in taste and in method.

Live and learn.

Oh, and may he never come anywhere close to our team again.

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 06:52:11 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
You know, this is exactly where I'd probably say something like that "don't they all do this?"

Then I had to ask myself "do what? Go on a TV show to hook up with (with all due respect) a trashy chick?"

I dunno, no one's saying Gabe's a star, but I thought he could do better than this, both in taste and in method.

Live and learn.

Oh, and may he never come anywhere close to our team again.

If this Perk or Rondo I would agree completely. If its Gabe, who knows how much he is bringing to the table aside from being a "basketball player." Coupled with that fact that the title may be fleeting for him, maybe a pseudo celebrity is not below his level...

Gabe Pruitt on Reality TV Show
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 11:27:35 AM »

Offline Potapenko Boxout

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40

So there's a show called the "Bad Girls Club" on the Oxygen network - pretty much like the Real World but it's all girls and they fight and argue etc etc (girlfriend watches it)

In the newest episode, a girl on the show meets up with Gabe Pruitt at a club and proceeds to bring him back to the house and do the hanky panky. Gabe acts like a complete tool in the process and it is hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dabl4QsBHM&feature=player_embedded#

go to the two and a half minute mark - quite excellent

Totally Random Gabe Pruitt News
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 11:32:05 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
My cousin swore she saw him on TV and I laughed it off but luckily the Globe clears it up for us.

It's fair to say Gabe Pruitt didn't distinguish himself as a member of the Celtics, and he isn't winning many fans with his boorish behavior on "Bad Girls Club."
This week, the nattering Natalie took the rest of the gals to a party hosted by Pruitt at an LA club. (Natalie describes her pal as "Gabe from the Celtics" even though he doesn't play for them anymore.)

Link here for the distasteful details: http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2010/01/a_gabe_pruitt_s.html

Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

Re: Gabe Pruitt on Reality TV Show
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 12:44:42 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
I'm mildly surprised that he's heterosexual.  He certainly displayed low testosterone on the court.

Re: Gabe Pruitt on Reality TV Show
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 01:12:16 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Wow.  And I'm saying wow about so many things.

Wow - I thought even scrub NBA players could do a lot better than that, that girl is ugly. 

Wow - Didn't think even the worst NBA players need to beg for it.  (Or maybe they all do, since Kobe had to take it  ;))

Wow - I never thought much of Gabe's decision making ability, especially with the DUI last year and all, but how can a fringe NBA player go on a show like that and act like a complete loser.  If you knew cameras were on you, and your image is very important to your job, are you really saying those things?

This week, the nattering Natalie took the rest of the gals to a party hosted by Pruitt at an LA club. (Natalie describes her pal as "Gabe from the Celtics" even though he doesn't play for them anymore.)
Usually these shows are taped well in advance from when they actually air, so Gabe probably was a still a member of the C's when this was taped.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

Gabe Pruitt the Reality TV Star
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 02:16:20 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
My girlfriend was watching TV and when I looked up from my computer what do I see.. our old buddy Gabe Pruitt on a TV show called "Bad Girls Club" not even sure what channel.

In a blink of an eye my whole perception on Gabe Pruitt changed completely.  I always thought he was a well mannered clean cut kid. Wow was I wrong. He has quite the filthy mouth and he was trying to hook up with the trashiest girl in a show of trashy girls.

It's weird to see these NBA players showing up in reality shows, did anyone else see this?

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 02:28:51 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I've never misjudged someone's character this badly before.

I assumed he was this shy, quiet kid. But boy was I wrong.

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 03:14:47 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Lol, reminds me of a friend I have.