Author Topic: nip/tuck  (Read 2145 times)

nip/tuck
« on: October 14, 2009, 10:02:38 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Anybody watching the Season 6 premier tonight?

My girlfriend got me hooked on this show, and I plowed through all five seasons on dvd in a couple months.  I'm looking forward to this one.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: nip/tuck
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 10:25:19 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
THNKYOU HOBBS!!!!!!  :o

If only I saw this thread 25 minutes ago.

TP for the reminder...  A friend put me onto this show during the carver arc. It's just ridiculously entertaining for all the wrong and right reasons.

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 03:49:21 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
The carver arc was the best.
I was absolutely in love with this show for seasons 1-3.  Season 4 was good, but season 5 just didn't keep me interested.

Did anybody else find that the show was kind of on a downward slope for the past two seasons or am I just crazy?

I've been meaning to watch all the seasons in a row for a while now.  I hope it'll turn me back onto the show because it really was one of the best shows I've seen.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 03:54:08 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

Did anybody else find that the show was kind of on a downward slope for the past two seasons or am I just crazy?

Yeah, I felt the same way.  Season 5 was basically just a series of outrageous events, each more crazy than the last.  The earlier series were obviously a little over-the-top, but at least grounded in some sort of reality.  Season 5 totally gave that up.

That being said, I still thought it was pretty entertaining, just not as good as the earlier seasons that got me hooked.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 03:58:50 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

Yeah, I felt the same way.  Season 5 was basically just a series of outrageous events, each more crazy than the last.  The earlier series were obviously a little over-the-top, but at least grounded in some sort of reality.  Season 5 totally gave that up.

That being said, I still thought it was pretty entertaining, just not as good as the earlier seasons that got me hooked.
Good to know I'm not crazy.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 07:06:08 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Last week's season premiere was pretty funny....seemed to have that "not take itself so seriously" tone.

A mime robbery? Seriously though, Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.?

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 11:00:25 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
I liked tonight's episode a lot better than the premiere.  It had its oddball moments, but the focus seemed to be on the characters.