Author Topic: Dollhouse (TV Show)  (Read 8727 times)

Re: Dollhouse (TV Show)
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 03:09:11 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Let's wait till the series progresses a bit, that Echo develops as a real character and we'll see how it goes. The Battlestar Galactica detective has shown flashes of that type of dialogue you're missing.

The characters at the moment seem quie dull, mainly because they've gone withe mysterious angle. But I think as we get introduced more and more indepth with the characters, the dialogue will improve... once they come out of their "shell".

I doubt it, seeing as thats how he's made his name since Rosanne. I just don't think the cast is as strong this time around.

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 11:35:37 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
You guys still watching? In my opinion the last couple of episodes have been good, especially the latest one that I think was excellent. Some reveals and cool plot twists occur. I also liked the plot device of the interviews to see how ordinary people feel about a Dollhouse existing.

So, who do you guys think is the mole? I think the director or the Asian chick from NCIS myself.

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 11:54:05 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
You guys still watching? In my opinion the last couple of episodes have been good, especially the latest one that I think was excellent. Some reveals and cool plot twists occur. I also liked the plot device of the interviews to see how ordinary people feel about a Dollhouse existing.

So, who do you guys think is the mole? I think the director or the Asian chick from NCIS myself.

I've been watching...its been ok..but I think Helio's storyline is way cooler than Faith's.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 12:39:31 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

I've been watching...its been ok..but I think Helio's storyline is way cooler than Faith's.

Completely agree with you, wondering where his story will be going now with what occured in the last episode.

I think we'll have to wait quite a bit for Echo's story to really connect with the viewers, that fact that she's a doll and not herself makes it quite hard to identify with her. But little by little her doll persona is evolving, I just hope it doesn't take too long for the doll to acquire a real identity we can identify with or that the doll somehow starts recalling her past life or something.

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009, 12:52:04 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I think the Doctor is the mole, she was the only one left alive besides Echo, right? Like that chick in Saw

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2009, 02:11:06 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Well I haven't watched Saw yet, so don't say anything more on it here.

Forgot about the doctor, and surely she might be it. I'm leaning towards the Asian chick though mainly because she seems to know about the technology and how to use it, and I figure that's one requisite to be able to overwrite the programming, etc.

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2009, 04:59:24 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Maybe Im a huge nerd, but Wash being Alpha=awesome.

To quote M Night Shamalongadingo: "Vat a Tweest!"

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2009, 05:09:54 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

He played alpha very well, going from nerdy tree hunger, to crazy savage killer. Also at what point did you know he was Alpha? I figured it out as soon as he appeared on screen.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2009, 10:35:52 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

He played alpha very well, going from nerdy tree hunger, to crazy savage killer. Also at what point did you know he was Alpha? I figured it out as soon as he appeared on screen.

I figured it out when he said it was "a good place, bad people"

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2009, 09:45:51 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Hmm, we kinda didn't discuss the final couple of episodes when they aired. I was out of town when I saw them so didn't bother. A bit late now, so I won't bother.

Anyways, for the good stuff. If you guys don't know, there are two unaired episodes that came out with the dvd... dvd-only episodes. One is the original pilot (watch it only if you're a real fan) and an episode that is known as episode 13, Epitaph One.

Now, this episode, Epitaph One you guys have to see by any means necessary. It should blow your mind away... it really was that good. It's set 10 years from now, in 2019, and the world has turned upside down. Really, you guys need to watch it.

Season 2 begins in 2 weeks, on September 25. All the promos out there are crap, so I won't bother linking to some.

The unaired episodes you'd either have to buy it, or search around through not-so-legal places. Whatever you do get your hands on Epitaph One, episode 13.

In other news, Keith Carradine and, more importantly, Summer Glau have joined the show as series regulars.

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2009, 10:52:13 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Hmm, we kinda didn't discuss the final couple of episodes when they aired. I was out of town when I saw them so didn't bother. A bit late now, so I won't bother.

Anyways, for the good stuff. If you guys don't know, there are two unaired episodes that came out with the dvd... dvd-only episodes. One is the original pilot (watch it only if you're a real fan) and an episode that is known as episode 13, Epitaph One.

Now, this episode, Epitaph One you guys have to see by any means necessary. It should blow your mind away... it really was that good. It's set 10 years from now, in 2019, and the world has turned upside down. Really, you guys need to watch it.

Season 2 begins in 2 weeks, on September 25. All the promos out there are crap, so I won't bother linking to some.

The unaired episodes you'd either have to buy it, or search around through not-so-legal places. Whatever you do get your hands on Epitaph One, episode 13.

In other news, Keith Carradine and, more importantly, Summer Glau have joined the show as series regulars.
I like Firefly. Cool.

Thanks for the heads up on the extra episodes

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2009, 02:58:07 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
The extra episode that is on the dvd is easily the best episode that they made. The next season should be great.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2009, 04:10:49 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
The extra episode that is on the dvd is easily the best episode that they made. The next season should be great.

Right? It was really good. I'm looking forward to seeing how we got to that point. The episode alone brought the series to a different level as far as I'm concerned. I think people that were doubtful about the series, would get more interested in the series after watching it.

Also, I read somewhere that the future is cannon, that it will actually happen. The how it happen is the part that could change particularly since what we saw was through memories, which could be flawed.

Also, Whedon wrote and directed the premiere of season 2, so hopefully it's top notch.

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2009, 01:08:47 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
*shaking fist* FOX TVVVVVVVV! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2009, 01:27:35 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!