Author Topic: Smallville  (Read 4737 times)

Smallville
« on: January 22, 2009, 02:31:11 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Post thoughts on smallville here

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: Smallville
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 07:44:46 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Seven seasons in, who's still watching? I know earlier season 7 had been looked at as the last season of the series, but this season has been exponentially better than the last 2 or 3 which is making them reconsider their initial inclination for this to be the final year.

Anyways, up to date with the series with last night's episode which made some interesting choices. Will wait to comment until I see if anyone is still watching, etc.

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 08:39:42 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Stopped watching when they had the Justice League type thing. It was getting to cheesey for my tastes. The only tv series that I watch now are Niptuck and Heroes. I feel like it's too late for me to jump back on the smalltalk because i'd be totally lost.

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 04:29:51 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
One of my favourites but the last episode was terrible.

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 04:33:13 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Im not trying to hyjack your thread,but i thought it(thread) was in reference to our bench.Thats a good name for it at the moment. :)

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 05:30:09 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
i saw a few episodes but it looks like they don't take themselves seriously. kinda buff,stargatish.

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 08:06:28 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Just saw the latest episode. Overall a bad one, but I don't think many will complain with the turn of events, mainly the Lana arc getting a conclusion so that we can move her aside. Wondering what Queen's role will be for the series now, and what about Lex... dead? Alive?

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 09:26:48 AM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
It's funny - I was on here the other day and was wondering why I haven't seen my favorite show (Smallville) posted on here.  Anyway, Season Eight has been great, but it will be interesting to see how Clark progresses after having his heart torn out.  What the writers did with Lana's arc was interesting, but they lost all of the momentum that they were building.  Oliver, Chloe, Clark, and Lois are all in uncharted territory at the moment.  Finally, will the series end or will there be a Season 9?  I guess it all depends on Welling.  Well, you guys probably know about the site already, but www.kryptonsite.com deals with everything Smallville (including spoilers).

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 10:55:30 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
The current season has been really good, much better than the last couple.

The last couple of episodes have been less than exciting, more filler IMO.

I would have guessed this would happen (a drop off) after the Doomsday introduction.

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 11:45:43 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Show returned last week, with the usual season gimmik of a "what if" scenario. I always hate those, but that being said I enjoyed this one.

I liked seeing how the world would've responded to Clark outing himself. Lois was great in this episode, and looked really really good. Now that Lana is gone, there'll be more screentime for her. She was getting some good moments earlier in the season.

Tori Spelling returned, and she sucks. Doomsday is back also, and seems ready to wreak some havoc.

Also, Smallville has been picked up for a 9th season.

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 09:56:14 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Smallville returned with its new season last night. Overall a good episode I thought, though I thought it would've been better. Still on the fence on how this season will turn out, it could really go either way at the moment.

Brian Austin Green is on, he'll be playing Metallo if not mistaken. Clark is finally learning how to really use his superpowers, still can't fly (though trying to learn). I like the Chloe and Clark conflict, particularly when Clark refuses to go and save Jimmy.

About the finale of last season, I didn't enjoy it. I was expecting more from the Doomsday fight, it was complete crap. I liked how Jimmy got killed though.

And Zod is back, being played by Callum Blue who you might remember from Dead Like Me. I really like him, though I don't know how I feel about him playing Zod at the moment.

So who's still watching? I don't know how I feel about it being on Friday nights... I hope the ratings don't suffer much.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 10:10:46 AM by BudweiserCeltic »

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 02:38:53 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I'm still watching.
I don't mind the new season.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels