Author Topic: Patriots Off-Season News  (Read 42022 times)

Re: Patriots Off-Season News
« Reply #180 on: March 30, 2024, 08:41:51 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1557
If they made the Vikings trade before the draft, they could always move back up to get a QB if necessary
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #181 on: March 30, 2024, 10:49:32 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1454
If they made the Vikings trade before the draft, they could always move back up to get a QB if necessary

How much was Kirk Cousins going to move the needle? He’s a good, not great QB. There’s a reason the Vikings moved on from him. Also, it was highly unlikely that Kraft would pay him the money that Atlanta did.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 12:05:10 AM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #182 on: March 31, 2024, 01:08:15 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

How much was Kirk Cousins going to move the needle? He’s a good, not great QB. There’s a reason the Vikings moved on from him. Also, it was highly unlikely that Kraft would pay him the money that Atlanta did.
Huh. What does this have to do with my post?

« Reply #183 on: March 31, 2024, 01:11:27 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3016
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah, and they'd probably have to surrender as much just to get back up there  :P

Mike Reiss today seemed to indicate they are picking QB at 3 and the only way they trade down is if it's some gigantic offer (such as Jefferson + 2 future 1sts + a 2nd, or like 4 first round picks). I would definitely consider that. I'm not that high on doing it for #11, #23 and 2025 1st though. I doubt Minnesota is bottoming out either so that 2025 pick could be in the 15-25 range anyways. I don't care what people say, the #3 pick has a ton of value. Miami got a ransom from the Niners when they did their trade from #12 to 3.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #184 on: March 31, 2024, 01:17:05 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1454

Huh. What does this have to do with my post?

My bad. Didn’t realize you were responding to a previous post.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #185 on: March 31, 2024, 03:58:15 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Yeah, and they'd probably have to surrender as much just to get back up there  :P

Mike Reiss today seemed to indicate they are picking QB at 3 and the only way they trade down is if it's some gigantic offer (such as Jefferson + 2 future 1sts + a 2nd, or like 4 first round picks). I would definitely consider that. I'm not that high on doing it for #11, #23 and 2025 1st though. I doubt Minnesota is bottoming out either so that 2025 pick could be in the 15-25 range anyways. I don't care what people say, the #3 pick has a ton of value. Miami got a ransom from the Niners when they did their trade from #12 to 3.
I think they'd be able to keep 23 to move back up. So 11 and the future 1st to move up to 7 or 8 to get a QB. 

If they like the QB options at 3, then they shouldn't trade, but if they aren't entirely sold on them, they should make that sort of trade if it was available to them.

« Reply #186 on: April 04, 2024, 09:14:45 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008
Patriots set to meet with Drake Maye tomorrow and Jayden Daniels on Monday sources confirmed

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #187 on: April 04, 2024, 09:19:33 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 322
Patriots set to meet with Drake Maye tomorrow and Jayden Daniels on Monday sources confirmed

Both should be good if given blocking and weapons. Washington is slightly ahead of NE in that category with Terry McLaurin.

I think Maye has a greater chance of sitting the first year. If the Pats draft him, there's less pressure to add a premium receiver in the short term.

« Reply #188 on: April 04, 2024, 09:29:25 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008

Both should be good if given blocking and weapons. Washington is slightly ahead of NE in that category with Terry McLaurin.

I think Maye has a greater chance of sitting the first year. If the Pats draft him, there's less pressure to add a premium receiver in the short term.

Hoping he can get some starting reps for the experience. Next season's schedule is a nightmare. Hope Brissett is able to show him the ropes.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #189 on: April 04, 2024, 10:19:06 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 322

Hoping he can get some starting reps for the experience. Next season's schedule is a nightmare. Hope Brissett is able to show him the ropes.

Yup. The Pats are going to struggle to win 5 games next year, after looking at the games listed below. I think Brissett is probably as good as either Daniels or Maye on Day 1, so there's no real incentive to play either given this gauntlet.

HOME

Buffalo Bills
Los Angeles Rams
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Miami Dolphins
New York Jets
Seattle Seahawks
Los Angeles Chargers

AWAY

Arizona Cardinals
Buffalo Bills
Jacksonville Jaguars
Miami Dolphins
New York Jets
San Francisco 49ers
Tennessee Titans
Cincinnati Bengals
Chicago Bears

« Reply #190 on: April 05, 2024, 12:36:09 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
If Brissett is as good as Maye or Daniels, even on day 1, then the Patriots made a terrible pick. 

« Reply #191 on: April 05, 2024, 12:53:35 PM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 489
If Brissett is as good as Maye or Daniels, even on day 1, then the Patriots made a terrible pick.
I agree in terms of talent. I also think there could be merit to have Brissett eat up starts with out terrible offensive line and receiving weapons while the young QB learns.

I flip flop back and forth on the matter to be honest. If they are better, should they start?
#JKJB

« Reply #192 on: April 05, 2024, 02:09:31 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
I agree in terms of talent. I also think there could be merit to have Brissett eat up starts with out terrible offensive line and receiving weapons while the young QB learns.

I flip flop back and forth on the matter to be honest. If they are better, should they start?
They should start from day 1 even if they aren't. Any player you take in the top 3 should be a day 1 starter or you've wasted the pick.

« Reply #193 on: April 05, 2024, 02:24:08 PM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 489

They should start from day 1 even if they aren't. Any player you take in the top 3 should be a day 1 starter or you've wasted the pick.
So you wouldn't worry about them getting injured or developing bad habits from forcing too much? It makes sense. Might as well get game reps and what not.
#JKJB

« Reply #194 on: April 05, 2024, 02:25:52 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2544

I agree that you'd want the QB taken to get game experience in Year 1.  Not sure it has to be Game 1, but eventually.  It isn't true that the pick is a bust if Brissett is a better all-around QB on Day 1.  Drew Bledsoe was better than Brady in Brady's Year 1.