Author Topic: Simmons is quite the instigator  (Read 1003 times)

Simmons is quite the instigator
« on: November 08, 2018, 09:13:49 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Brad and Danny are juggling playing time with Gordon.
Rozier doesn't need this if it's not true.If this is gossip or because of a whinge brought on by so poor playing.It feels irresponsible and poorly timed.
This with the timeline makes it seem officious as like he has some inside track'
Rozier is not a patch on Irving.If he is going to challenge a star he better play like one.

The Celtics groomed him,drafted him and now Terry is going to cause dissension .He punk'd Danny once is he doing it again.t
That reminds me "Don't ever trust a kid that eats a spaghetti sandwich". Jest!

Rozier is a strong kid with athletic skills and those long arms.Gets up real quick and has that burst gear.
How much time is he not getting a couple of minutes  or is it he wants to be THE GUY

« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 09:32:06 AM by rollie mass »

Re: Simmons is quite the instigator
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 09:33:40 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
He punk'd Danny once is he doing it again.-- what does that mean? what was the first time?

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 10:33:16 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Why is Simmons in the title, when you seem to be talking about Terry Rozier? Am I missing something?

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 10:41:23 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
He punk'd Danny once is he doing it again.-- what does that mean? what was the first time?

He had Danny live on a talk show during draft and was getting incites from Danny on who they were going to pick Danny thought it a private conversation .Dannyhad no idea he was broadcasting the celtics move.

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 10:49:29 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Why is Simmons in the title, when you seem to be talking about Terry Rozier? Am I missing something?

Bill Simmons  made a comment that Terry Rozier would be traded in 10 days and was unhappy with playing time this season.

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 11:44:16 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
Let Rozier and Stevens come out and refute it.  Until then where there is smoke there is fire.

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 11:52:14 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
What sort of trade value does Terry have, realistically?

He has a career TS% below 50%.  His career 2P% is below 40%

He's a point guard with an assist rate well below 20%.

He's above average in rebounds, steals, blocks, but is a fairly small guard with very poor finishing rates and streaky outside shooting.  He looks really good in bursts and obviously did well in the playoffs last year.

But to me he looks like a borderline starter who probably needs high minutes and usage rate to stand out offensively.  Doesn't really create much for others, is scrappy but doesn't have the size or versatility to really make a big difference defensively.

If a team is willing to trade a 1st rounder and a depth rotation piece for him, I'd do it in a heartbeat rather than pay him more than Marcus Smart next summer.

You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 07:12:21 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
Let Rozier and Stevens come out and refute it.  Until then where there is smoke there is fire.

Well apparently, they have .............

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25217825/terry-rozier-not-complaining-reduced-celtics-role-amid-trade-links

The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 07:20:23 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Well apparently, they have .............

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25217825/terry-rozier-not-complaining-reduced-celtics-role-amid-trade-links
Even if Rozier was complaining, he and the Celtics wouldn't admit it. 

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 07:26:36 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
If Rozier does want traded, which I don't believe, and any trade wouldn't help the C's get a championship this year, then hell no.  Play on the 2nd team young man and shut the Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. up.

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 07:49:01 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Little Richard Simmons ?  8)