Author Topic: Divincenzo starting to feel like a smoke screen  (Read 3652 times)

Re: Divincenzo starting to feel like a smoke screen
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2018, 09:41:20 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Lol at smokescreens at 27.

I understand it sounds strange but at the same time why let it out to the media that you have interest?

He hasn't said...but did take him out for lunch.

Didn't he also take Fultz out for lunch?? #smokescreen

Yes and Fultz blew it ;D

And he skipped on workouts

He blew lunch?  what did he do -- order a burger and fries at Chipotle?  Or are you saying he blew chunks at lunch because it was Chipotle?   :P

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2018, 09:51:30 AM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things

I understand it sounds strange but at the same time why let it out to the media that you have interest?

Sure, but Fultz was a potential #1. He's not too worried about the guy falling to the end of the first round.

Mike

My point was Fultz was a smokescreen. That taking someone out to lunch, especially publicly, does not mean we are going for them.

I don’t think fultz was a smokescreen.  I think we were doing our due diligence, but yes once we realized we had no interest, then we played up the smokescreen.

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2018, 10:50:34 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Good politics for down the road-the kid will always remember Danny's interest

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2018, 12:07:09 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

Yes and Fultz blew it ;D

And he skipped on workouts

He blew lunch?  what did he do -- order a burger and fries at Chipotle?  Or are you saying he blew chunks at lunch because it was Chipotle?   :P

It was B-good. Obvious smokescreen... #fireainge
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2018, 12:27:10 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I'm not sure that Ainge has had much misdirection in the last couple of years. I predicted the Smart, Brown, and Tatum picks by just thinking about what Danny would value in a player.

Divincenzo makes sense. The challenge is in predicting the 27th pick as there's a lot of parity at this stage of the draft. Lottery picks are typically more predictable.

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2018, 04:55:11 PM »

Offline Boise To Boston

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
If Danny keeps #27, it'll be Okobo or Bonga - i hope.

That's what I'm thinking here... I think he might go for someone who has immense potential but is still extremely raw, or could stash overseas.

Gives him roster flexibility or allows Stevens to work his magic in developing him.

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2018, 01:27:16 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
That's what I'm thinking here... I think he might go for someone who has immense potential but is still extremely raw, or could stash overseas.

Gives him roster flexibility or allows Stevens to work his magic in developing him.

Bonga, prehaps....

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2018, 01:48:13 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I'm not sure that Ainge has had much misdirection in the last couple of years. I predicted the Smart, Brown, and Tatum picks by just thinking about what Danny would value in a player.

Divincenzo makes sense. The challenge is in predicting the 27th pick as there's a lot of parity at this stage of the draft. Lottery picks are typically more predictable.

Your right. Those late picks can move up from workouts and just GMs having a good feeling a bout a guy. I was shocked that Semi fell into the second round last year. Also Jordan Bell, Sterling Brown and Frank Jackson...

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2018, 02:23:56 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

Your right. Those late picks can move up from workouts and just GMs having a good feeling a bout a guy. I was shocked that Semi fell into the second round last year. Also Jordan Bell, Sterling Brown and Frank Jackson...

I've been looking at SGs / combo guards and big men in this draft, both workout guys and guys I think have skills that fit the team (mostly bigs).  They could all be in the #20-40 range.

There are just a lot of guys in the mix that make some sense, and Divincenzo is one.  Say 3-4 bigs and up to 5-6 SGs.  I plan to make a post with my thoughts soon.

EDIT - I also think trading up for Carter Jr. or Jackson Jr. is something DA would consider.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2018, 02:33:02 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I don't think the C's will draft him, because I bet he goes before Boston picks.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2018, 02:39:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I don't think the C's will draft him, because I bet he goes before Boston picks.

This is why the Celts have to move up

No way Divicenzo gets by the Spurs

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2018, 02:42:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If Divicenzo was a 6'2 SG  (even if he was the mvp of the final four)   or Adam Morrison stiff

Teams would be able to see through this

But what is there not to like about Divicenzo (teams picking late teens)?  6'5,  athletic, good shooter, clutch performer.  Good defender,  from a strong school program

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2018, 02:45:35 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
If Divicenzo was a 6'2 SG  (even if he was the mvp of the final four)   or Adam Morrison stiff

Teams would be able to see through this

But what is there not to like about Divicenzo (teams picking late teens)?  6'5,  athletic, good shooter, clutch performer.  Good defender,  from a strong school program
so the question becomes, what are the holes in his game?   if he's got all those wonderful qualities, he'd be a lottery pick.