Celtics Basketball > Game Threads

Conduct In The Game Threads Forum

(1/16) > >>

Roy Hobbs:
The staff has been receiving complaints on an increasing basis lately concerning conduct in the Game Threads forum.  We have investigated these complaints, and agree that things are getting out of hand.

The game threads are becoming increasingly nasty and vitriolic, both towards the team and toward one another. This conduct needs to stop, as it is ruining the enjoyment for others on the site.

Toward that end, let me remind everyone of the following rules:

--- Quote from: Celticsblog Rules ---
* Respect each other at all times. There is no need for name-calling or harassment of any poster. This includes behavior in all areas of Celticsblog, including forum posts, blog comments and personal messages. While we encourage lively debate there is no reason for anyone to disrespect a fellow poster's ideas.
* Keep all commentary civil, and be courteous to all. Constructive criticism is welcome, but insults directed towards other users or the site staff will not be tolerated. Coarse/insulting language is not allowed under any circumstances.  This prohibition also extends to any off color or inappropriate remarks. Sarcasm can be misinterpreted, so be very careful when using it in a post.
* Do not label fellow posters in a way that is likely to provoke a negative response.  Dependent upon context, examples include, but are not limited to, "fake fan", "bandwagon fan", "not a real fan", "hater", "homer", "koolaid drinker", etc.
* No swearing! There is absolutely no need for swearing in any post. If you can't find another way to express your opinion, buy a thesaurus. Any forum post, blog comment or personal message with profanity, masked profanity, abbreviations referring to profanity, or allusions to profanity (i.e., **** or @#$#, etc.), whether or not caught by the blog filter, will be deleted.
* Do not "hijack" threads, either by taking them off topic or making them your own personal sounding post.  Generally, it is not appropriate to post in the same thread several times in a row to get your point across.
* Do not “lure” or “bait” others towards rule-breaking behavior.  This prohibition applies site-wide.  Responding to such “bait” in a manner that violates Celticsblog rules is equally inappropriate, and is subject to the same level of punishment.
* No “trolling”.  Commenting in a thread in a manner that is likely to provoke an angry response from others is not permitted.
* The Celticsblog staff reserves the right to revoke the posting privileges of any member who is systematically negating the ability of others to enjoy this site.
--- End quote ---

Obviously, the hope is that everyone can take a deep breath, and we can keep the game threads civil, as they have largely been over the past several seasons.  However, if the recent problems continue, the staff will have no choice but to suspend access to the Game Threads forum to repeat offenders.  Hopefully, it doesn't come to that, as we'd like everybody to have the right to watch and enjoy the game in peace.

Chief:
This confuses me very much. I've been a very regular poster in the game thread forum for years. I enjoy bashing Doc's bad decisions and Scals poor play as much as I love praising Rondo and KG for all the things they do right. I hope all of this stuff is still legal. But I see posters calling out other posters for negative comments about the C's poor play. And I think that is where the fighting starts. IMO, if you don't like something negative someone writes, ignore it.  :-\

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not sure what I write is legal. I think it is but I'm not sure. I'm not always positive and I'm sure something I have written has provoked an angry response. But I love this Celtics as much as anyone on this site and think I contribute as best I can.

BASS_THUMPER:
i love all yall...

*sippin*

PosImpos:

--- Quote from: Chief on January 21, 2010, 11:10:14 PM ---This confuses me very much. I've been a very regular poster in the game thread forum for years. I enjoy bashing Doc's bad decisions and Scals poor play as much as I love praising Rondo and KG for all the things they do right. I hope all of this stuff is still legal. But I see posters calling out other posters for negative comments about the C's poor play. And I think that is where the fighting starts. IMO, if you don't like something negative someone writes, ignore it.  :-\

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not sure what I write is legal. I think it is but I'm not sure. I'm not always positive and I'm sure something I have written has provoked an angry response. But I love this Celtics as much as anyone on this site and think I contribute as best I can.

--- End quote ---

I agree.

Attacking other people = unacceptable.

Attacking the Celtics for playing like a bunch of wounded donkeys = perfectly acceptable / understandable / necessary to relieve mounting fury.

I think the people who get bent out of shape about people who are "pessimistic" are as much to blame as the people who overreact when people are excessively "optimistic."

jdpapa3:
Thank you for making this post Roy.

I have had the issue because it was the same guys doing the complaining when we had the top ranked defense and a top 10 offense. And it is the way that they complain that is too much to handle. I'm fine when someone calls out a coach or a player for having a bad game or a bad play. But these guys were complaining that we weren't winning every game by 20. They think every other team in the league is awful and try to flip out in a close game. Comments like "if you aren't going to blow out the sixers at home, you just aren't going to win the championship." It's like they forgot that the last 2 champions have done exactly that.

It just gets to be too much when people go after the excuse of no KG.

Weren't we still 90-1 odds to win the championship before the KG trade? ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version