Author Topic: ***NBA Alert*** Harden has 60 going into the 4th  (Read 3405 times)

***NBA Alert*** Harden has 60 going into the 4th
« on: November 30, 2019, 09:59:09 PM »

Offline shut_the_gate

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26
Turn it on if you can, fingers crossed they don't bench him in this current blowout of the Hawks

Re: ***NBA Alert*** Harden has 60 going into the 4th
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 10:07:40 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Making MJs 63 pt game versus the celtics look like a cake walk lol. Mj lost that game too but Jordan fanboys don’t want to acknowledge that part

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 10:21:16 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Making MJs 63 pt game versus the celtics look like a cake walk lol. Mj lost that game too but Jordan fanboys don’t want to acknowledge that part

Are you seriously comparing a playoff game against possibly the greatest team of all time with a regular season game against the Hawks?

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2019, 10:49:45 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Are you seriously comparing a playoff game against possibly the greatest team of all time with a regular season game against the Hawks?
lol

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 12:13:23 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
So I didn't get to see the game, and finally just got a chance to look at the box score. Granted its against the Hawks and their dumpster fire defense, but 60 pts and 8 assists on 24 shots in 31 minutes is insane.
#JKJB

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2019, 12:34:24 PM »

Offline CaNdyMaN1369

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 151
So I didn't get to see the game, and finally just got a chance to look at the box score. Granted its against the Hawks and their dumpster fire defense, but 60 pts and 8 assists on 24 shots in 31 minutes is insane.

^^^
This.... TP

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2019, 01:05:02 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Harden's stats are amazing and all, but he has yet to lead the Rockets past the western conference finals. Do you guys think that the Rockets will break the curse this season?

Personally speaking, I'm not even sure they have what it takes to beat the Mavs or the Jazz in the playoffs (much less the Clips or the Fakers).

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2019, 01:46:20 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Harden's stats are amazing and all, but he has yet to lead the Rockets past the western conference finals. Do you guys think that the Rockets will break the curse this season?

Personally speaking, I'm not even sure they have what it takes to beat the Mavs or the Jazz in the playoffs (much less the Clips or the Fakers).

Didn't they beat the Jazz last year?

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2019, 02:09:04 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen

Didn't they beat the Jazz last year?
They didn't have Conley + Bojan Bogdanovic though.

Bogdanovic is averaging 22.1 points per game on 48.8% from the floor and 46.8% from 3!
Conley is having a rough start, but I fully expect him to raise his game come playoff time cause he's at his best when playing at a slower pace. Can't say the same thing for Harden and Westbrook.

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2019, 02:42:03 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I think the Rockets have widely been regarded as the 2nd best team in the world the last 2 seasons.  The Warriors were just better.

On another note, where does Harden rank right now?  Is he the best player it he world?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2019, 05:27:43 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen

I think the Rockets have widely been regarded as the 2nd best team in the world the last 2 seasons.  The Warriors were just better.

On another note, where does Harden rank right now?  Is he the best player it he world?

Personally speaking, I'd take Kawhi, LeBron, AD, Giannis and Luka over Harden, plus KD and Steph assuming they return 100% healthy. That's 6th best right now (because of injuries) or 8th best overall.

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2019, 06:16:57 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

As always this topic requires bifurcation -- best player in a playoff series on the one hand and best player in the regular season on the other.

Regular season, I think Harden is right there with Giannis and, amazingly, 20 year old Luka Doncic for that conversation.

Playoffs -- among healthy players (i.e. excluding Durant and Curry), I think I would place Kawhi and LeBron, at least, ahead of Harden.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2019, 08:01:29 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen

As always this topic requires bifurcation -- best player in a playoff series on the one hand and best player in the regular season on the other.

Regular season, I think Harden is right there with Giannis and, amazingly, 20 year old Luka Doncic for that conversation.

Playoffs -- among healthy players (i.e. excluding Durant and Curry), I think I would place Kawhi and LeBron, at least, ahead of Harden.
I would argue that Luka is a playoff player, not a regular season player. I mean, Luka has arguably the highest basketball IQ in the NBA. Given that he's killing it on a fast pace, chances are that he'll be even more effective on a slower pace (=playoff basketball)!

I get that he'll be only 21 years old, but he's been playing professionally since he was 16! The Euroleague is the second best league in the world. The spanish league is no joke either (probably the third best league in the world). I fully expect Luka to be more effective than Harden come playoff time.

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2019, 08:20:48 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
The NEXT time (and I have a feeling that there WILL be some NEXT TIMES) that James Harden gets going like this - especially IF it's a decent opponent - Mike D'Antoni needs to CUT HIM LOOSE and let him GO......

Make their opponent STOP HIM...if they can't then let him go for 100 even.......

James Harden is increasingly making it hard to dispute him being among the most potent offensive weapons EVER...

Dude has gotten better defensively too IMO.