Author Topic: ESPN: factor in Lakers signing KCP was that his agent is Lebrons agent  (Read 4621 times)

Re: ESPN: factor in Lakers signing KCP was that his agent is Lebrons agent
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2017, 01:06:33 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Woj:

“Not only is there no guarantee he's coming back, I'm not sure there is an expectation he's re-signing there. I think within Cleveland and around the league they feel that he is very much in play to leave again and likely head out West to one of the two LA teams. The Lakers could very well be a target
Thanks for the post. So, lets wait and see.  ;D and what about that first round draft pick the Celtics will give to Cleveland?  ;)
one more:

LeBron James can become a free agent in 2018 and he's widely expected by executives around the NBA to leave the Cleveland Cavaliers.

"He's out," a Western Conference scout says.

"Foregone conclusion," one Eastern Conference general manager said.

James has been most strongly linked to the Los Angeles Lakers. The top three reasons why James would want to join the Lakers are to further cement his post-playing career in TV and film production, leading three different franchises to a title and to create a potential path to an ownership stake with the Lakers.

James has relinquished his goal of matching Michael Jordan's three championship rings, according to a source.

"That was once his obsession," the source said. "But even if LeBron thinks he has five good years left, he's not thinking he's going to beat Golden State four out of the next five years. I don't think he's making it about that anymore. When he said, 'I don't have anything left to prove' during the Finals, that's where that came from."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2729459-did-kyrie-trade-convince-lebron-to-stay-in-cleveland-nba-execs-doubtful?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2017, 06:48:38 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Why would Lebron play for the Lakers?
they'll have cap space to sign all his friends

Were you saying why would he go to the heat in 2010? Or why back to the cavs in 2014?

Who's told you that? They currently will have the cap space to sign one max free agent. If nothing changes it'll be Lebron or George or Westbrook, but crucially only one. If they choose Lebron they won't have enough left to sign players like Wade or Anthony unless they come for the min, which they won't if Lebron is earning the max.

The Lakers will have to move Deng and Clarkson for expirings if they are to be a force if FA next year, they have a long way to go.

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2017, 06:53:11 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Ha - won't make the slightest bit of difference. Complete waste of time.

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2017, 07:27:49 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I hope LeBron goes to LA, because he will never get past Golden State or be able to beat them as things are compromised now.  Even is he manages to get three of this cronies to go out there.  I think he an egotist but he is not dumb.   I think he stays in the East and goes to MIA or NYC.   LeBron really does not want to fight for stuff he wants it to be easy and he won't go west because of GS being so dominant.

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2017, 08:06:57 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
For the sake of the Cs lets hope James does go to the Lakers. In doing so he will help the Cs in a few ways. First and most obvious is that his departure makes the Cs the team to beat in the east. The Cs also become the past of least resistance for vets looking to sign with teams in the hopes of a finals run. He will also further disrupt the power balance in the league possibly forces more west teams (Pelicans) to tank and trade away their franchise players(Davis/Cousins).

If Lebron forms a super team in LA the western conference finals will effectively become the finals. The Cs only hope will be a 7 game LAL vs GS series leaves the Warriors less prepared for the Cs in the finals. The beauty in what DA has created is the youth of this roster. Barring injuries the Cs could be atop the east for at least the next 6 years outlasting the powers in the west and staying ahead of all the current rebuilding teams.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2017, 08:43:02 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Woj:

“Not only is there no guarantee he's coming back, I'm not sure there is an expectation he's re-signing there. I think within Cleveland and around the league they feel that he is very much in play to leave again and likely head out West to one of the two LA teams. The Lakers could very well be a target
Thanks for the post. So, lets wait and see.  ;D and what about that first round draft pick the Celtics will give to Cleveland?  ;)
one more:

LeBron James can become a free agent in 2018 and he's widely expected by executives around the NBA to leave the Cleveland Cavaliers.

"He's out," a Western Conference scout says.

"Foregone conclusion," one Eastern Conference general manager said.

James has been most strongly linked to the Los Angeles Lakers. The top three reasons why James would want to join the Lakers are to further cement his post-playing career in TV and film production, leading three different franchises to a title and to create a potential path to an ownership stake with the Lakers.

James has relinquished his goal of matching Michael Jordan's three championship rings, according to a source.

"That was once his obsession," the source said. "But even if LeBron thinks he has five good years left, he's not thinking he's going to beat Golden State four out of the next five years. I don't think he's making it about that anymore. When he said, 'I don't have anything left to prove' during the Finals, that's where that came from."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2729459-did-kyrie-trade-convince-lebron-to-stay-in-cleveland-nba-execs-doubtful?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national
Yes, I've heard this too.  It's now the only way he can achieve a unique NBA record with regard to championships.  He still wants to be GOAT but he won't be able to do it on total number of rings.

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2017, 10:42:14 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Were you saying why would he go to the heat in 2010? Or why back to the cavs in 2014?

Who's told you that? They currently will have the cap space to sign one max free agent. If nothing changes it'll be Lebron or George or Westbrook, but crucially only one. If they choose Lebron they won't have enough left to sign players like Wade or Anthony unless they come for the min, which they won't if Lebron is earning the max.

The Lakers will have to move Deng and Clarkson for expirings if they are to be a force if FA next year, they have a long way to go.
Clarkson may be moveable without giving too much up but they are going to have to give up a significant asset to dump Deng and they really don't have much to give.  They'll also have to deal with Randle who will be an RFA.  They'll have to let Lopez and KCP walk.  They'll be left with Ingram, Ball and a few other youngsters.  They'd need 3 star FAs to take team up taking major salary cuts to be a contender. 

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2017, 11:06:51 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Wonder what KCP thinks of this

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2017, 11:20:22 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Ha - won't make the slightest bit of difference. Complete waste of time.
I think the same. This is an awkward strategy for recruiting players.

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2017, 11:53:29 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
ESPN once again makes everything about Lebron. 

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2017, 12:54:20 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

Lets not be disingenuous. The heat had a prime wade and another star was on the way.LA has nothing like that. They, at best, have kids who might become nba stars some day, might.

The lakers have who? What players do they have that can put them into contention in the next one to two years? Three years ago James did not want to wait on Wiggins to develop. Three years later, the window for James is even smaller.

If you try to argue that free agents love to flock to LA, show me the list of such free agents over recent years... and the corpse of Karl Malone does not count.

Should we really think that Lebron is clueless on how the lakers work internally? That having a common agent will sway his decision?

This discussion of Lebron going to LA has no basis that I can see. Lets drop it.

Let's not. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not possible or even likely.
I await your evidence and arguments as to why this is likely.

I await your explanation for why you expect everyone to do your research for you, and what your credentials are for telling everyone to drop a viewpoint that you don't agree with.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07