Author Topic: the new xbox 1  (Read 23818 times)

Re: the new xbox 1
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 02:18:40 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Its not a huge issue for me since I really just get NCAA Football, and NBA 2k and play those into the ground, and then use the other cool things the systems have to offer but I can see where this stinks for guys that buy alot of games.

Also, does this kill Gamefly entirely?  how can you rent games anymore?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 02:19:09 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
What happened to caring about consumers?

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 02:20:34 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Used game buyers aren't their consumers they get no money out of it.

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 02:23:12 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Still stupid, because this is definitely going to cause a huge uproar within the gaming community. 

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2013, 02:24:45 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Still stupid, because this is definitely going to cause a huge uproar within the gaming community.
I agree, but its not my money or business.

They'll just lose me as a customer.

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2013, 02:42:05 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
That's why Playstation is better.  8)
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2013, 02:43:32 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
Its not a huge issue for me since I really just get NCAA Football, and NBA 2k and play those into the ground, and then use the other cool things the systems have to offer but I can see where this stinks for guys that buy alot of games.

Also, does this kill Gamefly entirely?  how can you rent games anymore?

Same here. I'm not into those COD games, etc. I just buy Madden, NBA 2k, and FIFA and play those until the next one comes out. I mainly use my game system for sports games, Netflix, and my Blu-Ray discs.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2013, 02:44:19 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

I wish my PS3 was as fast at playing games as my xbox 360 used to be. 

(I sold my 360 to gamestop after having it for 6 years since i was afraid it would RRD me pretty soon and got a new PS3) 

NCAA football 2011 plays so much slower on my brand new PS3 than it did on my 6 year old 360
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 02:46:21 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
PS4 is supposed to have this same capability, they just haven't been open in discussing it publically monkhouse. They've had a lot of "no comments". Both systems are designed to be able to stop secondary game sales if desired.

I'm guessing Sony/Microsoft are both hoping that they can implement it at the same time.

Ugh. I wonder if they'll get caught in a price-fixing scandal.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2013, 02:48:03 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas

(I sold my 360 to gamestop after having it for 6 years since i was afraid it would RRD me pretty soon and got a new PS3) 

NCAA football 2011 plays so much slower on my brand new PS3 than it did on my 6 year old 360

Its the same for me. The players run a lot faster in FIFA on my friend's XBOX. Is that what you are talking about? Because that can be changed with your settings. Or do you mean the system lags when you play?

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2013, 02:48:06 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I'm mostly annoyed by the always-on Internet requirement (I think that was confirmed?).  My Internet here is sometimes sketchy, and single-player games cutting out because it goes down is a dealbreaker.  It will apparently also basically eliminate use by deployed military, since they're not going to be devoting bandwidth to consoles.

I also think the combination of always-on Internet and always/default-on Kinect is a massive hacking scandal waiting to happen.

Kinda sad to see video games reach the kind of oligopoly where console designers are basically colluding to make design decisions that are just about protecting revenue over serving consumers.

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2013, 02:49:35 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I almost always purchase used games or games that are new but have been out for years.  I am a Playstation person myself and the VP of Sony said that they would do the right thing, though didn't confirm or deny that they would do it.

My bet is that used games may have some limitations, like only one usage for the first three months the game is released and will make exceptions for places like gamefly that rent games, but won't restrict the use of used games for ever.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2013, 02:50:21 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Its the same for me. The players run a lot faster in FIFA on my friend's XBOX. Is that what you are talking about? Because that can be changed with your settings. Or do you mean the system lags when you play?

Mostly notice in lagging when making recruiting calls in NCAA don't really notice it while playing the actual football game.  Bust mostly just in navigating the menus and saving

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2013, 02:52:52 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

I agree, but its not my money or business.

They'll just lose me as a customer.

You sure their going to do it? Did some looking around and found this.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/21/sony-ps4-can-play-used-games/

Joystiq is pretty reputable when it comes to information on consoles.

Maybe PS4 hasn't revealed it yet, but XBOX uses online interface where they store the data/information.

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2013, 02:53:53 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
I almost always purchase used games or games that are new but have been out for years.  I am a Playstation person myself and the VP of Sony said that they would do the right thing, though didn't confirm or deny that they would do it.

My bet is that used games may have some limitations, like only one usage for the first three months the game is released and will make exceptions for places like gamefly that rent games, but won't restrict the use of used games for ever.

If they dont have some accomodation for used games the other option is just stock up on black friday every year.  I got Assassins creed 3 for 30 bucks at Best buy I think just a few weeks after it came out