Author Topic: Is this the dirtiest play you've ever seen in a basketball game?  (Read 10999 times)

Re: Is this the dirtiest play you've ever seen in a basketball game?
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2018, 03:17:20 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Pretty bad. Maybe the worst. Wouldn't be surprised if they press charges but I'm of the opinion that just about anything short of murder that happens on a field of play shouldn't be prosecuted.

But that said, that's a really bad play.

This is absurd. Assault is assault. I think there should always be consideration for accidental contact in sports, but this isn’t that. He assaulted the other player.

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2018, 03:30:21 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Pretty bad. Maybe the worst. Wouldn't be surprised if they press charges but I'm of the opinion that just about anything short of murder that happens on a field of play shouldn't be prosecuted.

But that said, that's a really bad play.

This is absurd. Assault is assault. I think there should always be consideration for accidental contact in sports, but this isn’t that. He assaulted the other player.

That's fine. I've held absurd opinions before. I even kind of agree that it's absurd. And it's my opinion.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2018, 05:14:03 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I've seen dirtier but the guy really hide it well from the refs.  That being said, he should be banned from play.  The Kermit Washington punch on Rudy T  was worse and did more damage...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI8nVJLHDMo

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2018, 05:20:35 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
The Pistons, late 80's early 90's, were the worst I've see. Robert Parish just beat Lambeer into the ground finally. Just cheap shots over and over. Johnny Most was calling Lambeer and Machorn, Mcdirty and McNasty.

It was "McFilthy and McNasty," I believe.

Thanks, Johnny Most was the best! TP for correction!

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2018, 08:35:29 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
So it looks like the kid lost his player of the year award, was thrown off the team, has been banned from coming on campus and the police are investigating the incident to see if charges should be brought against him.

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2018, 08:41:37 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
^excellent result

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2018, 08:42:38 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I've seen dirtier but the guy really hide it well from the refs.  That being said, he should be banned from play.  The Kermit Washington punch on Rudy T  was worse and did more damage...

the first time I saw that Kermit punch I couldn’t believe it. It’s such a forceful punch, one o the worst acts of unarmed violence period (basketball or not) I still have it embedded in my memory

This is why I dont understand people who say "why did the police shoot him? He was unarmed!

Because an unarmed Kermit Washington sent Rudy to 2 weeks in intensive care, broken jaw, broken nose, fractured face, and cracked skull where he could taste the spinal fluid

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2018, 10:36:25 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

the first time I saw that Kermit punch I couldn’t believe it. It’s such a forceful punch, one o the worst acts of unarmed violence period (basketball or not) I still have it embedded in my memory

This is why I dont understand people who say "why did the police shoot him? He was unarmed!

Because an unarmed Kermit Washington sent Rudy to 2 weeks in intensive care, broken jaw, broken nose, fractured face, and cracked skull where he could taste the spinal fluid

really? you are comparing shooting at a distance with an up close sucker punch?

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2018, 03:39:24 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Of course the result was worse, but that was during an altercation at least. Kermit should have been suspended much longer or even banned (so should have Artest), but this was an actual play, completely unprovoked. Rudy T certainly didn’t look like he was running in to attack anyone, but it was still in the midst of a fight.

Playing basketball in the NCAA or NBA is a privilege, not a right, regardless of talent. Act like a thug, you should be banned.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2018, 06:46:05 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
On the night of Dec. 9, 1977, the Houston Rocket forward had suffered a fractured skull, broken jaw, broken nose, other facial injuries and leakage of spinal fluid when he was struck by the fist of Laker forward Kermit Washington.

When the swelling subsided, surgery was performed to reconstruct his face. Tomjanovich eventually recovered and played for three more seasons before he retired in 1981.

http://articles.latimes.com/1985-01-28/sports/sp-10262_1_kermit-washington

Does anyone know what happened to this kid the OP posted.

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2018, 10:59:55 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
On the night of Dec. 9, 1977, the Houston Rocket forward had suffered a fractured skull, broken jaw, broken nose, other facial injuries and leakage of spinal fluid when he was struck by the fist of Laker forward Kermit Washington.

When the swelling subsided, surgery was performed to reconstruct his face. Tomjanovich eventually recovered and played for three more seasons before he retired in 1981.

http://articles.latimes.com/1985-01-28/sports/sp-10262_1_kermit-washington

Does anyone know what happened to this kid the OP posted.

As far as I know, he passed concussion protocol and was able to finish the game.

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2018, 11:52:15 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Some crazy sh!t used to go on in the nba.
I like the Darryl Dawkins one squaring off after sucker punching someone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_Zxk8y3_uI