Author Topic: Pacers (21-43) at Celtics (40-23) 3/12  (Read 38972 times)

Re: Pacers (21-43) at Celtics (40-23) 3/12
« Reply #210 on: March 12, 2010, 10:02:52 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Well, great win. What a difference one games makes...

Let's hope this is a sign of things to come but tonight was really good. Great energy from start to finish, easy offense and good defense. Cool to see the whole team smiling on the bench.

And Finley definitely has become one of my favorite players in a heartbeat, I love this guy's shooting range and he seems very humble and professional. Danny really has made a great job with late additions this season, with Nate and Finley, and I'm sure they will be huge in the playoffs.

TP's for everybody and good night!

« Reply #211 on: March 12, 2010, 10:03:45 PM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
Okay can someone explain to me the Davis hate in a game thread where the Celtics just won big and except for two poor defensive plays near the start of the fourth, Davis played great
Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

« Reply #212 on: March 12, 2010, 10:11:27 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1415
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Okay can someone explain to me the Davis hate in a game thread where the Celtics just won big and except for two poor defensive plays near the start of the fourth, Davis played great

I wouldn't say he played great, but he did hustle. A lot of the frustration with him tonight is overblown though - but we won, so guys have to find something to complain about.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #213 on: March 12, 2010, 10:18:06 PM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 144
Wow, a Bounce in their step---and,No Boredom...maybe they CAN turn it on with a flick of the switch....I just love to see the aggressive play by the ENTIRE Team---for the ENTIRE Game.

« Reply #214 on: March 12, 2010, 10:19:40 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Nice to see the C's flex there muscles and show they've still got it! Sunday will be interesting.

« Reply #215 on: March 12, 2010, 10:20:39 PM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney

I wouldn't say he played great, but he did hustle. A lot of the frustration with him tonight is overblown though - but we won, so guys have to find something to complain about.
LOL

Well, I guess that's as good an explanation as any though I did think Baby played great, we can agree to disagree

Giving one
Pick 2 Knicks

« Reply #216 on: March 12, 2010, 10:40:23 PM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!

Donny Marshall just before signing off talking about KG's limp

"You know some little white guy reporter sees you walking outside of the locker room and reports you're limping. Well, that's just the way some of us walk. Okay, maybe not me because I'm only half..... but that's the way we walk sometimes."

Open mouth insert foot Donny!!!!

Pick 2 Knicks

« Reply #217 on: March 12, 2010, 10:44:29 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

LOL

Well, I guess that's as good an explanation as any though I did think Baby played great, we can agree to disagree

Giving one

You can tell that Davis is out there trying to get HIS points. It's so obvious...

« Reply #218 on: March 12, 2010, 10:52:50 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides

I can't speak for others here but whatever I'd poster earlier wasn't based on tonight's game. Its the cumulative effort thus far in the season that stands out...he is playing for himself.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #219 on: March 12, 2010, 10:53:15 PM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney

LOL

Giving one

You can tell that Davis is out there trying to get HIS points. It's so obvious...
Okay, I'm just playing Devil's advocate here as I'm not the biggest Baby fan but think he had a great night and doesn't deserve some of this tonight

He has played for most of this year with an anemic offensive second unit

He has struggled with his shot and offense for a good part of the first 20 games or so after coming back

He could very well be under orders from management, much like he was most of last year with his outside shooting, to shoot and develop his offense as the second unit needs a low post scoring threat as Raseed is obviously not that threat

You just don't know what he is under order to do to develop his game to make him a better player

Last year it was to constantly and without hesitation take that outside shot

It paid off with a game winning shot against Orlando

It could well be that he is being told to play the way he is, especially if it's as obvious as it is that he is looking to score no matter what
Pick 2 Knicks

« Reply #220 on: March 12, 2010, 11:34:19 PM »

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
Great game !!

I had mentioned in another thread a few days ago about our ball movement not being as great as it was in 07-08....but tonight the ball movement was superb, and we put up a great offensive show.

We were great both at the defensive and offensive ends.

P.S. When Pacers went on a mini run and they cut the lead down to 16...Doc called a time out and told the guys they have got to start playing a full 48 mins...not 24 but 48 mins of the game. Hopefully we keep that mind against the Cavs on Sunday.

Go C's !!