Author Topic: Get a load of the New Orleans box score  (Read 4458 times)

Re: Get a load of the New Orleans box score
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 08:21:47 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
If asik keeps this up celtics fans will start asking why didn't try and trade for him.

When the Rockets traded Asik, they were still trying to clear cap space for LeBron or Carmello.  NO was under the cap and didn't need to send any salary back.  Boston would have need to send salary back.

Mike

I think we could have used the Pierce Exception for him.

Yeah, I was gonna say, pretty sure we had a trade exception which would've absorbed Asik's salary.

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 08:27:34 AM »

Offline Boston3334356

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
Twin Towers 3.0
Eric Gordon was the only disappointment.

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 08:55:50 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
fun fact:

Anthony Davis & Omer Asik are 1st teammates w/ 15 Reb & 5 Blk in same game since Tim Duncan & David Robinson in 1998

let that sink in

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 09:23:39 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
If asik keeps this up celtics fans will start asking why didn't try and trade for him.

When the Rockets traded Asik, they were still trying to clear cap space for LeBron or Carmello.  NO was under the cap and didn't need to send any salary back.  Boston would have need to send salary back.

Mike

Yeah, I was gonna say, pretty sure we had a trade exception which would've absorbed Asik's salary.

I still ask why we didnt trade for him.

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2014, 09:25:01 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I think it's laughable that some prognosticators think the Magic will be our equals or better this year.  We'll clear them by 8-10 games.

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2014, 09:37:03 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Mike

I still ask why we didnt trade for him.

I forgot about the Pierce trade exception.  That would seem to leave only two options.

1.  Houston thought there was a better chance of NO missing the playoffs this year than Boston, making their 1st rounder a lottery pick.

2.  Ainge didn't feel like giving up a first round pick for a 28 year old center that he would have to resign after 1 year to a huge deal when he's still not sure Rondo's sticking around.

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2014, 09:41:52 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Remember the pick traded has the following protections:

2015 first round draft pick from New Orleans
New Orleans' 1st round pick to Houston protected for selections 1-3 and 20-30 in 2015, 1-3 and 20-30 in 2016, 1-3 and 20-30 in 2017, 1-3 and 20-30 in 2018, 1-3 and 25-30 in 2019 and 1-3 and 25-30 in 2020; if New Orleans has not conveyed a 1st round pick to Houston by 2020, then New Orleans will instead convey its 2020 2nd round pick and 2021 2nd round pick to Houston [Houston-New Orleans-Washington, 7/15/2014

Would you trade Marcus Smart for 1 year of Asik and his bird rights if you can resign him? Would you trade a lottery pick in the upcoming draft ?

I imagine Ainge didn't trade for Asik because he wasn't going to give up any potential lottery pick.

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2014, 09:55:22 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
New Orleans might be a top 5 League Pass team this year based solely on Anthony Davis. Just wow.

Stay healthy, kid.

Agreed, and I'd like to ask if anyone has a spare ticket for the Hornicans bandwagon?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2014, 10:00:31 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
New Orleans might be a top 5 League Pass team this year based solely on Anthony Davis. Just wow.

Stay healthy, kid.

Agreed, and I'd like to ask if anyone has a spare ticket for the Hornicans bandwagon?

Just like to see them build a better quality team around him.  They have so much money tied up in guard mediocrity right now. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2014, 10:07:57 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I don't know about that -- they were making moves towards making the playoffs (to keep their draft pick), so I understand why they have the players they do, but you're right -- there's a lot of redundancy in their guard rotation. Too many guys who don't do much off the ball.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2014, 12:04:02 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Davis is on the verge of legit superstardom. Year 3 is usually when they put it together.  That team can be dangerous.

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2014, 12:09:45 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
The Burgeoning Brow aside, there' simply too little depth on that Pels team to expect much of them this season, especially in the cutthroat West.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague